Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.S.C.O.

A.S.C.O.

a part of “A.S.C.O.”, a fictional universe by Sciamancer.

[ACCEPTING new characters] You are a hunter, an agent of the Anti-Supernatural Creature Organization. There has recently been a surplus of work for you as attacks become more and more common. Survive the monsters and figure out what's going on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.S.C.O.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A.S.C.O.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:48 pm

... I have made up NOTHING!!!! I just did hours upon hours of very thorough research. so the monsters will end up being a mix of what multiple cultures have to say on them, unless it is a pure cultural monster. Anywho.... you might be able to find some weaknesses via google, but again, if you really need to, feel free to ask me.

And yes. Paul. Have I mentioned that I can pull off rp comedy quite nicely? Expect more of that in the future.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Er..just wanting to know for my post, what exactly happened to the Ifrit when Brennus shot it? Is it dead, floundering in the water, in the process of dying?

Right Nevermind! Just a little...wonky today : /

[Edit] FUUUUUUU--

Damn double post =.= gonna go delete one of them now...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Hey Scia, who exactly did Michael adress to after checking Jace's pulse? I didn't get that.
Anyway, I'm waiting for the riddle game (which is awesome, by the way) to end for Ayo to join everyone else at fighting the Ifrit, as it wouldn't be very polite to leave a lady alone with a deadly monster.
Last edited by Varyar on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Le vent se lève...! il faut tenter de vivre!
Paul Valéry

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Why won't it just die!

Titus now only has the knife, and a burned hand for his troubles.

Tactical nuke, it's the only way to be sure.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:46 pm

What the hell... There's been a hundred new posts I wasn't aware of... Damn! I'm sorry, I'll think of something...

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Michael was addressing Blaze. I thought that he was the only one nearby.

Also, Netanya and the imp finished. Read kurokiku's most recent post.

The ifrit is almost dead. Hells, you caught right on to what I plan on doing to John with the robotic hand thing xD caught me red-handed. Or should I say: robotic-han-*shot*
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:07 pm

So hello there, I would rather like to join a functional roleplay created by a competent GM. One with a large number of characters and active posting seems to be the ticket. I'd like to reserve one of those slots in Newbie, please, if such reserving is necessary. Making a character now.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Whoops-i-daisy! Sorry I shot you! Just allergic to...bad Puns...XD
Besides it's what any Hippie guy with a multi-million dollar company would do :P If anything it's now because of Bobby John's gonna get a robotic arm :P

John Levels up! Loses: an arm. Gains: Robot Laser arm!

Welcome Mapledragon! We can't wait to see your character! You might want to take a quick skim over the RP, check out all the works and all, and skim over some of the characters. Of course you probably know that and I'm rambling so...Welcome Mapledragon!

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Oh, I added a French accent to Ayo. I wasn't aware that Mali's language was french, and since Ayo is from there... French accent.

Varyar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey, a new player! And yes, the Ifrit is almost dead. I do believe Kiku's post will bring it to its concluding arc.

As long as Mapledragon doesn't ragequit like certain other players, then I say welcome Mapledragon! Cant wait to see what kind of character you come up with.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Lols ragequit.

I always found that a humorous word.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Mmkay, I finally posted. Sorry for the delay; I think I covered too much strictly speaking, but at least now I'm actually caught up with events. :/
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm back... Well, kinda. I spilled water on my keyboard and made it useless for a bit. I really didn't want to type up a post with only the on-screen virtual keypad! I'll get something up there shortly.
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Goddamnit! I'm a retard. Kiku, I sent you a PM explaining why I am a retard.

-_-

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:14 pm

No problem, Dion.

And I know the plan is for John to get a robot arm, but I figured Anna was going to make some effort towards saving it anyway. She can decide in my next post that she has to amputate if you like. (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:18 am

Hey Kiku, Song will just follow your character's directions. It would be a bit silly for you to wait on something that my character will do anyway.
Favorite new quote of epicness: "Well, I was on my way to this gay gypsy bar-mitzvah for the disabled, when I suddenly thought: Gosh, the third reich is a bit rubbish. I think I'll kill the führer." (Doctor Who 6x08)

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 am

“Here, swallow these herbs."

I bet John has no problem swallowing strange herbs, him being a hippie and all.

Heh, heh, heh.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Talisman wrote:“Here, swallow these herbs."

I bet John has no problem swallowing strange herbs, him being a hippie and all.

Heh, heh, heh.

Indeed. :P

I attempted to do something a little funky with my recent post. Despite narrating the actions of two characters, the point of view was exclusively from John. It provided less detail than if I had done standard method, but I wanted to try it. I think it might actually be better, since Michael's personal paragraph would have only been a sentence or two anyway.

In other news, remembering to post in the right place is a bitch. >_< Both GMs are doing it. FFFUUUU

Should I just abandon the idea of posting in the right place, or just start enforcing it strictly once this mission is over, as planned?

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:12 pm

LOL XD

Anyway, what I personally find more useful is to put the current location in the post itself on top, instead of using the places tab. People tend not to forget that, and when they're put in bold, they're actually easier to sift through (for myself at least). This also allows you to be more specific if necessary.

Example:
A. S. Shole - Europe: The Bradwurst Festival
Bladediebla blablablabla post post blablabla

Of course, this is just a suggestion. Do with it whatever you like.

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 pm

I personally like to underline and bold my locations. Sometimes that'll help me make the connection that says "Oh, maybe I need to select the location too!"

More or less what Zeph said.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!