Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.S.C.O.

A.S.C.O.

a part of “A.S.C.O.”, a fictional universe by Sciamancer.

[ACCEPTING new characters] You are a hunter, an agent of the Anti-Supernatural Creature Organization. There has recently been a surplus of work for you as attacks become more and more common. Survive the monsters and figure out what's going on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.S.C.O.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A.S.C.O.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:20 pm

That was fine. The big thing is that you can't do that with big monsters. If, on a mission, you are facing an imp infestation, yes, you could get away with just killing one. That Ifrit, though? That's a big guy. Not for killing in one post, at least not usually. Mostly it is the sort of thing you can figure out on your own.

I personally would have waited for the guy in the tree to respond, but hey. So long as he isn't upset. I imagine he has plenty to respond to regardless.

Hells, I approve of your dickishness to your own characters. I laughed when I read the first line xD

Also. I've noticed that FOUR non-English languages have been already used @_@ this IS an international RP, so that is understandable. dionkar did it. However, Google translate can only work so well.

Please, when using a foreign language, do one of three things to make life easier for everyone that doesn't know the language in question.
1. Make a footnote in the post explaining what it means in English. At the bottom, unobtrusively.
2. Post in the OOC what it means. I'd prefer #1, really, since people would have to look for the OOC post.
3. You can always say "Character said 'blah blah blah' in Language," though I can understand that might mess with your mojo or whatever.

EDIT: I was about to PM people to remind them that the RP has started if they haven't posted yet. Everyone has already posted. Huzzah! Hopefully no inactivity problems. If you do need to be inactive, TELL ME, though.
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:36 pm

YAY a hundred and two OOC posts, 22 RP posts! I can barely keep up with the posting, everyone is very active... Not that it's a bad thing, though. Every character is so interesting in so many ways... This RP is going great!
Congrats Dionkar, for the great monster managment, that Ifrit was a good idea. And the FOUR imps you send after me and Kurokiku, well... That will be a hell of a fight!
Congrats, Sciamancer, for answering all the questions and being so nice to everyone... You were really patient with all the mistakes I made. Thanks.
Now, to writing!
Le vent se lève...! il faut tenter de vivre!
Paul Valéry

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Stand back.

Talisman's about to post.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Aha, my bad on some of that language stuff. Netanya's just saying the same thing three times to try and trick the imp into a game of wits, cause really she's not gonna win a fight probably.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:41 pm

@Varyar: Thank you kindly, it is my pleasure... you know, to be awesome and all that.

@Talis: Go for it, I dont want to do a hundred little reaction posts. the more people who post, the better.

@Kiku: S'arright. I speak all those languages, so I had no trouble with it. However, i purposefully made the imps words ridiculously hard to decipher.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:18 pm

The only continual issue I see is that half of everyone keeps posting in the default location xD

This is going on in NORTH AMERICA. Since everyone is in the same area at the moment, it isn't an issue, but when missions start getting flung about to all reaches of the earth, knowing what continent someone is on can help a lot. This is a test, in RP and OOC. I'm letting most minimal violations slide. Seriously, though, post in the right area.

Hopefully, you go over your post at least once before clicking "submit." If not, do it. And once you've proofread your post, CHECK the LOCATION. If you're in the wrong location, it's as easy as cutting and pasting your work into another box- as long as you haven't posted yet! I know a lot of RPs around here don't make use of the "Places" tab, but this one is. I know it is hard to get used to. I made the mistake. Dionkar just did. Still, try to make it a part of your proofreading system, and make sure to select the location from the places tab and not just write a post from the posting tab. Thanks, everyone.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Dionkar, your inserts are a masterpiece. I get the feeling that perhaps we should adopt caution and lose any gung-ho attitudes; they've only made a mess of things so far.
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Le gasp! Someone thinks my posts are masterpieces?!?!?!? It is my pleasure, I simply do what I can to make this a fun and convoluted RP. Hopefully, i can keep entertaining all of you with strange monster antics and all that good stuff.

And yes, dropping gung-ho attitudes will be preferable. I made it my personal mission to abuse any characters who give themselves too much power. So far, you guys haven't really stepped over the line, and the reactions are simply fantastic! I am really liking how things are going. Like, you all are pretty good at interpreting my intentions,and this just makes the rp higher quality. (Ex. Kiku got the imp wasn't inherently hostile. It went pretty much exactly where I wanted it to. As for the curious imp, that was the exact conclusion I wanted, as the thing was not bright enough to avoid death.)

So, keep up the great posts,and I will try to keep this entertaining. wait a moment, I already said this! Am I going insane? Deja Vu!

>_>
<_<

I have had too much caffeine today.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Titus is... actually... Kinda built on the whole idea of gung-ho. Who else would just shoot a flaming monster and then proceed to call it a fruit loop?

I am totally playing the crazy Australian manly man trope... The only reason Titus isn't riding the Ifrit is because it's on fire. But I swear to you, before this is over, Titus is going to be riding something he's not supposed to Ala Crocodile Hunter.

Also, the basis of Titus' current idea? Water > Fire. That's it. Never underestimate the power of crazy!

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Titus is excused because his character is actually built on gung-ho. He eats nails for breakfast, smashed monster trucks for lunch, and live tigers for dinner, and downs it all with 200 proof alcohol forged on a lonely mountaintop by a 6 armed, blind woodsman with acid for blood.

Oh, and he craps diamonds and lightning bolts.

Anyway, the crazy plan is likely to work... for a time. Lets not forget that heat+ water=steam. Oh, and Ifrits are very intelligent... and arrogant. if it was a djinn, such a plan would be turned around on Titus, but an ifrit will fall for it at first.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:16 pm

But of course, that Ifrit isn't going to jump headfirst in the water, especially when it sees the river. It might need a little force from a particular someone...*nudge *nudge* wink* *Waves sign saying 'Let me do it!'*

Actually it all comes together rather well especially when Jason and Summer Glau--Aiden are planning to go to the river...

*Edit* Kumori, is Blaze chasing the Ifrit now too or still going after the imp? (Just want to know so I can mention seeing Blaze in a post)

Blah, nevermind.

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:56 am

Righto, i gave Kumori permission to play for the imp to a degree, which is why the bullet landed. If you want to rp for specific monsters, ask me or Sciamancer for permission first. So long as you play it in a balanced way, we will most likely approve every once in a while thingies. I mean, if you have this epic battle planned in your head, who are we to deny you some awesome monster fighting?

Just thought I would bring that option out in the open. Pretty much if me or Scia know what you are planning, and we ok it, then you can write it, as I see no reason for us to have to do all the reactions if you guys have good ideas. If i am not making sense, i apologize, but school is messing with my brain a bit.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:54 am

RIght on man! Just hoping that Titus gets to the river soon :P (Jump's to the other side of the river assuming the Ifruit was right behind him or decides to play bull fighter)

It was going to happen sooner or later but Titus has now been recongonnized as Chuck Norris :D

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:39 am

Blimey, I posted in the wrong place yesterday. And I even had it right the first time, but then RPG decided to freeze up >.<

Ow, and as I'm absolutely not familiar with Chinese, I'm only using curses from Firefly. And I'm not even sure that's real chinese... Sorry if I offend anybody with the mangling of a language :P
Favorite new quote of epicness: "Well, I was on my way to this gay gypsy bar-mitzvah for the disabled, when I suddenly thought: Gosh, the third reich is a bit rubbish. I think I'll kill the führer." (Doctor Who 6x08)

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:22 pm

Bleh; sorry it's taking me so long to post. I will have something up no later than tomorrow.
Last edited by Kurokiku on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joesepheus on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:13 pm

I've submitted a Charii and would like to join in on the Fun, My name's Joey. And it's a pleasure to meet you.
ImageI finally found it out, but it still looks weird

Joesepheus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:18 pm

You might want to edit it a bit and use the character skeleton at the main page (copy and paste). Just an idea Joey :D

[Edit]: Oh Man! Netanya is BAD-ASS! XD

Hells13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:19 am

Something came up and now I won't be able to post in the next 36-40 hours. So, uh... if you need to, just pretend Song managed to escape for a while or that she's hiding in the bushes, and I'll rework that in my post later.

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:53 pm

I do not have internet, the tropical storm took out my area kinda. I'll be back up and posting when I can.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Srsly, when you see a man like Titus running, you don't ask why, you try like hell to catch up. It's like the joke with the bomb expert.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!