Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Error: Glitch

Error: Glitch

a part of “Error: Glitch”, a fictional universe by Spectrum.

Have you ever felt like something just wasn't right with the world? Like things have never felt totally...real to you? It's as if you were living a lie. Well, you were. And, with a glitch, you wake up to the real world...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Error: Glitch”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Error: Glitch

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:06 pm

@Tabby: oh yeah...England. I forgot you were over there ^^''. and NO dont cut on the descibtion. it just isnt MY style. Pff, do whatever you feel is good to you. Thats what i do. :D

OKAY! i have a question (again): Do you guys listen to music when your writing your posts? And when you make a char, do you figure the persona then find music that suits it? or what. :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cazuki on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:03 pm

@Freak
Nah, music tends to distract me, since i concentrate on that instead of writing my posts, though it's also good stimuli for when i want to write a emotionally powerful scene or a action one.
I used to find a song i liked then make my char off that, which you notice if you ever see one of my really early chars. Though as time wne ton i made my chars first then founf music to reflect there personality or just a song i like.

Also another question. Are any of your char's personalitys, past or present, based off your own personality?

Some of mine are like Kuragai in Try Me which shows my Serious side and my Crazy side and then Nathaniel here shows my loner and guardian side.
For the ones lost in the great war of RP's!
Reality is what you make it... but reality can still be a pain in the ass!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cazuki
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:14 pm

@Freak: To contradict Caz, I listen to music when writing a post and when doing a character sheet. It helps me get in the mood or to concentrate. Even though the music's in the background and I'm hardly paying any attention to it, I like having it there anyway to keep be focused on what I'm doing and to drown out any background noises (my computer's in the living room where my dad's almost constantly watching TV which distracts me or where he'll have his friends talking). I usually have some sort of vague idea in mind (most of the time), but mostly base my characters off whatever picture I happen to find rather than the music. But I always make the character then find the theme song.

@Caz: All my characters reflect me in some way, shape, or form. Like with Domino, I hate looking in the mirror or at pictures of myself. I'm not as extreme as him (not nearly), but if I can help it, I avoid them. For Kyler in TM, I'm a bit of a goody-two-shoes but try not to show it, ever, at all. Of course, he doesn't seem like it at all, he pretty much is compared to any of those who were raised outside of the city of Gray because of the environment he grew up in.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:31 pm

I read your post Specs in Timeless. It was so cute and made me want to cry for some reason. Obviously not the part about Statix, although his history is rather sad. Statix is a lost soul which just needs to be hugged. *hugs Statix* ^^ I love him either way. Rei does make me kind of sad too though, mainly because he cares a lot for Cyrus. It's weird cos we never planned that, it just happened. Best. Mistake. Ever. XD Truly.

Thanks for the compliments about my writing, I am an extremely modest person. I can never say anything I do is good. I don't know why, I just don't consider myself that good at all. I'm constantly trying to improve as well.

To answer your question Freak, I always listen to music. I constantly have my Ipod on with whatever I am doing. I actually have to charge it every day. Of course I don't use it when doing things at college, watching TV or talking to people but when I am on my own, no matter what I am doing, I will listen to something. I am not scared of silence, nor do I hate it, I just dislike it and want something going on in its place. When I do posts, I do tend to pick a song which would fit the mood but that doesn't always happen. Although my ipod is amazing, somehow it always puts on a song to fit the mood of a post/writing, whether I am reading it or writing it. When it comes to characters... I usually think up a personality and main idea for them, then I will search through my ipod and pick out a few songs which fit them. I'll play them as I create my character.

And to answer your question Caz, No. I don't actually think my characters are directly linked to my personality. Yes I consider myself a tad bit insane, but not as much as my characters turn out to be. Cyrus: Nothing like me. Minato: Nothing like me. Andrei: A little like me. Andrei, my character who always wants to change because people hate him is a little like me. I don't want to change dramatically but I used to try my hardest to get on with everyone. That isn't the case anymore. Tiryn: No. I personally don't know my own personality. I don't have a fear of anything, nor do I have any major characteristics. Most of my characters, I would say, are based upon characters/personalities I want to see (in anime/novels, not real life). I take a great liking to characters from anime and novels, thus I want to create 'my dream characters'. Some however are purely made because I feel that, the personality I chosen would suit the RP or story well. Perhaps my characters do all have a connection to me, but it's one which I cannot see.

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:48 pm

@Tabby: Yeah, it's weird. I'm not getting into college until I'm 18, 'cause of high school and all that.... But yeah... Let's see. Insane characters of yours are always the fun ones, but they scare me sometimes. Cyrus doesn't count 'cause he's not really that insane. But your newest one scared the crap outta me. And really? You can blame yourself for that.... Haha ^^ Minato is being mean to my character :P Then again, isn't he mean to everyone? You don't describe nearly as much as you used to, but I never really cared. If you want me to be honest I just skipped over the extra parts and only read the stuff I really needed to... But yeah, that's me for you. It's fine now, don't worry. ^^

@Spec: Of course you'd invite me. I'm just awesome like that. ^^ (My awesome friend next to me is just as awesome as you guys, and is currently laughing at me. ^^) Anyways!!! Yes, I'm younger then you... If the age you have up is your actual age 0.o Nah, just pulling your chain... And yes, you're leaving! -tackles- No, don't leave us! -ahem- Sorry, I'm skipping over everything 'cause this is the only post I can do right now... But yeah. You act somewhat mature. When your characters aren't being annoying. Or at least annoying to my characters. ^^ Nah, jk, jk.... And thank you. Did you like the video? -winkwinknudgenudge-

(Gotta go ^^)
Break Me But Never Beat Me

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:56 pm

@Caz: *thinks* huh...yes, in my earlier character (which i think are all gone now. ^^) i know they were almost entirely based off me. the..nice me, the bossy me (not really shown much), shy me, ect. NOW. i give them aspects that are similar to mine but they arent LIKE me anymore. I DONT have any type of mental disorder, unless 'insanity' in of itself is considered one. ^^"

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:03 pm

@Tabby-cat: Aww, hooray! I made you wanna cry. ^^ How is this an accomplishment? xD Anyway, yeah, I feel bad for Statix too. I feel horribly bad for them all, really. Nikolas lost his brother and thinks he lost Katie. Statix lost his sister by the hands of his best friend. Rei lost his sister. Cyrus lost his sanity. T_T I feel like if you tried to hug Statix, though, he'd electrifry you.. But, yes, those two are definitely the cutest thing ever. <3 The best mistake ever made! And don't worry, I'm modest about my stuff, too. I can't say anything good about them, which is why it's so weird to hear other people say anything good about it. Sometimes I even feel like they're making fun of me or lying to make me feel good or something. >< Augh, I'd never let anyone I knew in real life read any of my stuff. Just my dad, because, well, he gets bored easily and he's harsh, so he'll give me the truth. If it sucks, he'll tell me what sucks about it. If it's good, he'll tell me what he liked.

@Poetic: Awesome? xD This is like our most-used word, y'know. Yeah, I'm not lying! I don't really have any reason to. O.o I don't really care about my personal info being out there. The only thing I haven't said is my real name, but that's only because I don't really like it all that much. I mean, admittedly, it's pretty unique (especially the spelling), but usually I just tell anyone on the internet to call me Jay, but that's nowhere near my real name, I just like it more. ^^ Hence my usual usernames, "YouveBeenJayed." Hey, hey, my characters may be immature, but I'm not! xD It would be hilarious if I was. Everyone would hate me but I wouldn't care because I'm too awesome for them anyway. I loved the video! <3 Thank youuu~!

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:20 pm

@Spec: Awesome is just that awesome of a word so the awesome us have to use the word awesome a lot because we're awesome like that. (You should see some of the stuff I write as a joke...) Haha ^^ So you're the oldest here...? Probably. ^^ Not like it matters. But yeah, my RL name is really simple. Again, I don't put it out there.... But yeah. You have a unique name? Psh. I wish I did. My name is super simple to remember. But yeah... I'm going to shut up now. I don't think I'll ever be able to call you anything but Spec, Spec-chan, or Spectrum. I don't know why... I'm just that used to it. ^^ If you were as immature as your characters we would have some serious issues. The main one being why you go around calling yourself awesome, saying the opposite of what you mean, and oozing acid out of your skin... I think you know what characters I'm talking about. ^^ Haha, you're welcome. I have to ask, is it all laggy when you watch it...? Or is it just my computer...?

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cazuki on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:54 pm

@Specy
Humans are difficult to decipher, they will lie to protect and to maim, their opinons can be changed by the slightest touch. Everyone i know at one point or another has asked what is the meanig of life, i have multiple times.

Life is to live, it is simple, what makes it seem complicated are the people who make up your reality and your life, which is why it is so hard to pinpoint one reason. We are fickle by nature and that's what makes us interesting.

So remember this, if you remember anything from this rambling, 'Humans are what's complicated, not life.'

On that note i pass ou- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cazuki
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:17 pm

@Poetic: Awesome! xD I...I guess so. That's...really weird to me for some reason. Huh. Oh well. I don't really mind either way and I can't tell anyway, so it hardly matters. ^^ Meh, my name. I don't know why I don't like it, it's just one of those things where I probably don't like it because I've heard it all my life. *shrugs* And yeah, I'll always be too used to calling you Poetic and "Black" Tabby-cat. Lessee... Well, uh, the first and last one is Rei and the second one is Kyler, right? Or am I wrong on the first one? I'm so unoriginal, a lot of my characters are arrogant big-heads. xD No, the video worked perfectly fine for me.. Question, does your state go through daylight savings? I know the northern states have started doing it recently, but I'm not sure if everyone is. We started today. It's only 6p and it looks like midnight. And it's pouring. Again.

@Caz: *blink* Nice philosophical commentary. But I agree. Humans are too overly complicated sometimes, even the simple ones. Which is why I like to contradict poetic and pull an Aoba instead of an Izaya and say "I hate humans." Maybe an unpopular opinion, though. None of you take this the wrong way! Dx Goodnight!

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:00 pm

@Spec: you have a unique name too *high fives* yeah man. i love/hate my name. Its not that hard to SAY. Spell, sure theres like 1329 ways to spell it. but say it? really? >.< i envy ppl with easy names. like...Jessica, or Jessie...or Shelly. Amber. Cassandra. Jack. Jill for god's sake! mine's retarded. though i've met no one else with my name. (though i have HEARD stories that my old history teacher's boyfriend has a daughter with the same name. Problem: shes like...Indian. I'm not. (does that mean im a black girl with an Indian name :O))

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:05 pm

@Freak: xD My name's not that hard to pronounce, it's just because of the spelling, everyone pronounces it wrong. I hate the mispronunciation of it, too. My English teacher has pronounced it wrong every single day I've had her class since school started--over 9 weeks ago. *pats* I understand. ^^;; I've met people with my name before, just not the way it's spelled. There's a bunch of ways to spell my name, too. *high-five for weird names* xD A black girl with an Indian name? I'm a white girl with a black name. xD

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:16 pm

@Spec: i dont know. her name was spelled differently then mine. with a G not a J. which doesnt make sense...hn...i really wonder where my name came from. *stops doing her research paper thats due twm to look it up* hehe it dates back to the Medival times. *happy* i love that time period. so...no clear idea where mine is from. *shrug* OH WELL. if i could i would legally change my name to Freak. cuz that just sounds cool. and ppl couldnt call me a FREAK (they dont, im too awesome for them), cuz it would be ma NAME. stick THAT in your juice box n suck it. hehe. :3

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:49 pm

@Spec: Haha ^^ I'm just awesome like that. -shot- No, -ahem-, I sometimes just screw around and just do whatever I feel like. I enjoy spamming my friends on fb, for example. I do so as much as possible, just to annoy the crap outta them. And yeah... My name is ok. It could be better, but at least no one mispronounces it. And yeah, you have so many big-headed characters it's hard to keep them straight... ^^" Well, let's see. Which one says the opposite of what they mean, and which one oozes acid out of their skin? ^^ Haha, I think you know who I'm talking about. And ok. My computer just hates me, then. And no, my state is literally the only one that doesn't do daylight savings time. It's weird, but yeah. It already gets dark here ridiculously quickly-- it's, like, six o'clock right now and it looks like midnight too. Cheers...

Edit: @Freak: To answer your question above, yes, I listen to music, but I actually listen to music whenever I'm on the computer so I'm not sure you could say it really affects me... Certainly I will listen to music accordingly, if I want to (that is, music that fits what I'm trying to watch), but I've written some very depressing stuff while listening to Matryoshka... So yeah, it doesn't really affect me unless I want it to. ^^ I do take inspiration from music, though.

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:19 pm

@Freak: I think mine's Hebrew or Arabian. I looked it up and that's what came up for it, anyway. *shrug* It doesn't sound that odd, though.. *shrugs* Maybe it does and I just don't realize it 'cause I'm used to it. xD Changing your name legally to Freak? That'd be a little odd. "Hello, I'd like to file for a job application."
"Alright, what's your name again?"
"Freak."
"Oh. Uh. I'm sorry what?" xD

@Poetic: That's fun to do--just screwing with people for the fun of it. xD And, well, I got those two--acid: Rei, opposite-talk: Kyler--but you mentioned another one and I wasn't sure who it was. It doesn't really matter though. Ohh, really? I know where you live now *shot* I'm not a stalker! I swear! Sorry! I just saw literately today on tumblr a picture of the US and it showed all the states that didn't have do the daylight savings and then there was one that wasn't... I won't say it, though. ^^; Anyway, it's past 9 here now. But I only have 25 minutes left before I get kicked because I ran down my time for the day ><

*edit*
I changed my icon. Did nobody get who I changed it to? Dx

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:24 pm

@Spec: *glomps* you distracted me from the horrors of my paper! thankies. yeah, wouldnt that just be a KICK ASS name? it...just...is awesome. Or going by my middle name. Dymond (said like Diamond). Dymond Freak. OMG THAT IS SO COOL. anyways, im sorry, i dont understand your icon. D:

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Dymond? That's pretty! Mine's some dumb old lady name. Renee. Ooh, exciting. I hate it. Almost as much as I hate my last name, but I hate my last name even more. It's boring and common, bleh. Oh and my icon is Invader Zim! Haven't any of you ever watched that show? I've seen every episode a thousand times! I'm obsessed! Zim is so awesome! Dib, too! And Gir! <3 There is yaoi for this cartoon. But an-y-waay. Well, it's his anime-looking form.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:46 pm

OHHH. you see...i dont watch that show. i USED TO. *dont kill me* i have a friend who loves it to death. ugh...just....ugh. yeah, my last name is boring as HELL. BUT, no one can screw THAT up at least. until you get into my fathers name and blah blah blah *hasnt seen him ever* ANYWAYS, thats the only thing i really dont like about my name...

I HERE DINNER. and i smell it too. be back on in like...30 mins. if THAT. so...hungry. >.<

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 pm

I finished my post in Timeless for you Specs. It's not that good since I am really tired. But I had to post, so we can finally finish it. :D But yes, it's up. Feel free to control the clones of Statix.

Now i'm off for the night sadly, I am way too tired. I had to rig lights fifty feet in the air for a show on Wednesday. Tomorrow I have to set up all the stage and sound system. Thank god I am not actually working on the show. >.< But apparently, we're working on the next one at the end of November. Damnit, kill me now. I am so nervous about it.

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:56 pm

@Freak: Aw, well, that's fine too. I haven't actually watched it in forever since it's not on tv anymore. It's a 90's thing. xD I use some of the phrases Zim uses all the time though, like "disgusting hyuuuman beings" and stuff (mostly whenever someone tries touching me). But lately I've been favoring a different phrase. "Diseased parasitic germ baby." ...don't ask.

@Tabby-cat: I read your Timeless post! I loved it! Cyrus just makes me smile so much whenever I read your posts, even if he's crying (which, well, he usually is). He's too adorable~ <3 But yes, I'll post soon--here too. I need to get stuff done, buuut...Meh. I really want to go buy a new book, but my dad's being lazy... Fifty feet in the air? Holy crud, I'd pee my pants if I had to do that. Probably not, I'm not really scared of heights, but still. The other day I had to get down two drums from the top shelf in the drum room and I had to climb all the way up there--it was only like 8 feet off the ground--but the stupid freshman brats kept throwing crap at me when I wanted to get down and that managed to freak me out a bit. -_- I wish I could see your guys' show! What's it called again? Sorry if you told me, ^^;; I might of forgot. I'm sure it'll all blow over well, though. *pats*

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!