Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

We'll Meet Again, Some Sunny Day

We'll Meet Again, Some Sunny Day

a part of “We'll Meet Again, Some Sunny Day”, a fictional universe by Calvazara.

In the summer of 1941 romances are formed as friendships are tested and strengthened, yet no one knows what is just waiting round the corner for these friends as America is thrust into another world war. (Need 1 Males)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “We'll Meet Again, Some Sunny Day”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] We'll Meet Again, Some Sunny Day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:42 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "We'll Meet Again, Some Sunny Day"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Calvazara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] We'll Meet Again, Some Sunny Day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FalloutRomanae on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:00 pm

"Vera! Vera! What has become of you?" :)

I may be interested in this roleplay. Can you tell me a little bit more about the plot?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FalloutRomanae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horseygirl on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:02 pm

can i reserve femle two?
I was your cure, but you were my disease. I was saving you, while you were killing me.

Horseygirl
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snipergirl24 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Female 3 please
ImageImageImage

snipergirl24
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lux_Disraeli on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Could I get a hold on female 3 please?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
“I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth.”

Lux_Disraeli
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Very surprised at the response for this! Okay so since there's one place left then If you could send in your characters then I'll choose which one I like best but I may yet expand the character spots but first need to get some guy spots filled.

Calvazara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 pm

I noticed you make historical role plays, which I absolutely love...maybe I will reserve one of the male characters
There is a sacredness in tears....They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.

Washington Irving

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:05 am

History is my passion! And it would be great if you could!

Calvazara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snipergirl24 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:10 am

My character is done I hope she's alright.

snipergirl24
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hadespwr on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:23 am

An interesting concept. A couple of questions though before I'm convinced:

1) Can we get a map or geographical description Bedford Falls, SC? I've looked online and found no such town in SC so therefore I must assume it to be fictional and therefore its physical make up is up to the will of the GM.

2) Are there any factories, mines, shipyards, or any other industrial facilities in the area? Is Bedford Falls a farming town? What is the lifeblood of this place?

3) You mentioned swearing and violence are allowed but considering the nature of the time frame and the location, there is another issue that we should be exploring. Are we permitted to explore the nature of racism at the time?

4) Will this RP actually pursue the course of WWII post-American entry?
"There comes a time in the affairs of men when he must prepare to defend not only his home alone but the tenets of faith and humanity upon which his church, his government, his very civilization are founded."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1941

Hadespwr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:16 am

Thank you for your interest, I'll try and answer your question to the best of my ability,

1 and 2) Yes Bedford Falls is a fictional town, I am in the process of writing a detailed introduction to the town which will be up soon but I will say that it was once just a small farming town, however it has recently boomed when a ammo factory was opened on the outskirts bringing prosperity to the town.

3) Well romance and relationships are going to be one of the main focus of this RP and show how war devastates lives, however because I want this RP to be authentic as possible then the issue of racism will be a theme which will naturally occur through out due to the location and time. However I am going to ask if a post is heavily racially focused then I see a copy before you post as I want this topic to be sort of a lesson to readers, informing them what it was in the South back in those days.

4) Yes I would like this RP to follow the lives of the group through the war and highlight the effect it has on them and also ultimately the outcome, whether you survive or not is up to you.

Calvazara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hadespwr on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:44 am

Thank you for the information Calvazara. I would like to reserve one of the male character slots, please.

Hadespwr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrazyIrish on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Calva, I'd be interested in coming into this project. I'd gladly play a male role, since it seems we're in dire need to fill some of those spots :)
But indeed as Hadespwr already mentioned, some more info would be great. I'll probably wait a few to get my character sheet filled, maybe til after you get the info up, but probably not more than a day or so til I have that to you tops. Shall I inbox the character sheet to you? And is a picture a requirement? I prefer to use my words to describe a character but can do my best to find a pic and insert it.

CrazyIrish
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Okay, well I have what I'm going to say but just struggling to put it into words, what more information would you like to know about, maybe I could PM it to you, just because I would like to start this asap. And you can do if you like :) For the picture I would like it if you could provide one, or i wouldn't mind finding one based off your description, it's up to you and thank you for the interest!

Calvazara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Okay so I'm going to add two new characters for this RP, there will be no reservations on this for the woman characters but I will pick my favourite :)

Calvazara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 pm

As a reply to your pm...I am still going to play one of the male characters, going to go work on profile now

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:49 am

Right guys I'm going to post some more pictures on the info of characters houses, places of work and other facilities in town, if you would like me to include your home then send me a pic :)

Calvazara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:50 pm

lol...I can't seem to figure out whom I want for my character picture there are so many cute males out there.

girlwt
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Hahaha! So, so true!

Calvazara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bashie L. Craft on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 am

I'd like to reserve Female 4 please!

Bashie L. Craft
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!