Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mass Effect: Dug In Too Deep

Mass Effect- Dug In Too Deep

a part of “Mass Effect: Dug In Too Deep”, a fictional universe by SlayerofYaks.

A Science team is hired to dig up what may be a valuable Prothean artifact and find it's far more than they bargained for while outside forces attempt to obtain it for their own use. Wish this was wittier, but you get what you get.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mass Effect: Dug In Too Deep”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Mass Effect- Dug In Too Deep

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:30 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Mass Effect- Dug In Too Deep"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Are you dead or are you sleepin'?
God, I sure hope you are dead.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Mass Effect- Dug In Too Deep

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:09 am

Hey, this looks really cool. I just submitted a character for your approval. I set him up to be the second in command of Roz's team.
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am

This seems just up my alley lol Mind if I reserve a spot on Roz's squad?
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am

Sneakyrio- Very nice! It's obvious that a lot of effort went into creating him. I'm sorry that I wasn't finished putting up the character sheet. ^^; -got tired and went to bed- Bad Slayer! Although, you've got much more details than required anyway, so blammo! Accepted. He'll be an interesting addition to the team. X3

Bromander Shepard- Of course you can. ^^

Note: I should have Roz's profile up in a few hours. I've only delayed because I'm redrawing her picture. The old one is well... old.

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:57 am

Bromander Shepard? As... "interesting" as that sounds, I think I'm out; an eight-person RP (or even an eight-character RP in which one character ((slayer of yacks, I believe)) has 3 characters) isn't going to work out for three reasons:
1) A player who controls three characters, while others have one or two, is like playing a game of chess in which one character moves three pieces per turn, while others move the standard once.
2) If there is no posting order, the most adamant player (even worse if they have multiple characters) is free to run havoc, haverdashing about and just generally filling an RP with long walls (or useless lines) of text that no one actually wants to read four-five times everytime they log in, or get yelled at for simply skimming/skipping.
3) If there is a posting order, then 8 characters (if three are assigned to one character, then I would assume 6 players) are going to have to be relied upon to post regularly-when their turn to post comes around. This can be murder on an rp; the wheels of government grind slowly; the wheels of a posting-order are almost ground to a complete stop.

I just wanted to bring this everyone's attention; be prepared to deal with either one or two of these problems. It isn't great, but it is how things work. I wish you all luck with your RP; everyone needs it.
If you kill Callen, I'm going to kill you, and then Quinn. My penguin army shall rise from the crumbles of the great Cookie war of Elderon IV, and rue the day you ever did displease me you will!
-psalm 3:5; Book of Nevermore

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:04 pm

I submitted a character, if there's anything wrong with her just lemme know! ;)

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Nevermore- I frankly have no idea what you are talking about. I'm only playing two characters because as a Co-GM, it would be easier to help direct the plot if I had one character on the science team along with Roz. He doesn't have a lead role, but he can help input ideas for the Science team. No one has three characters and I happen to be fond of longer, more detailed posts. It's a show of effort and interest.
This is really the first time I've run a roleplay on this particular site, so it's vastly trial and error for me, however, I've been in plenty of roleplays where characters are needed, but the slot isn't filled, so someone has to step in and play three, four, or more characters. This especially happens with NPCs. I'm guilty of creating vast casts of characters to flesh out a universe.
Frankly, if you had concerns about how I chose to run the roleplay, you could have PMed me instead of posting here. We are only here to have fun and if the roleplay collapses beneath our feet, then we will learn and rebuild from the wreckage.

Thank you, and have a lovely day.
--Slayer

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Cortez- She's adorable and I really like her story. I'm accepting her.

To All-- I can't seem to figure out how to forward messages on this site, but Brock10 also has a say on our cast. ^^ I'll keep you all updated on changes that may need to be made.

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Thank you very much! ^_^

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Ok so my character is up and ready, hope ya like! I looked for a while but pics of non main character krogan are kinda slim lol Don't worry though, he wont be a carbon copy of grunt or wrex

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Bromander Shepard- Bah, I understand. I've had to draw all my pictures and I really can't draw a Krogan to save my life. I can hardly manage a Turian. -headdesk- Roz is taking far too long to doodle. I should already be working on Karin. Regardless, I think he's good, even with the adorable Grunt face.

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:10 pm

its alright lol we all know Grunt's adorable

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brock10 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Hey everyone, I'm the other C)-GM! This is my first time doing an RP ever, so bear with me! I'm an avid Mass Effect, Star Wars, Dragon Age, Game of Thrones(a song of fire and ice) and general RPG fan! Feel free to PM me or Slayer with any questions, concerns, ideas for the plot, etc. Impressed with the characters we have got so far, and I'm looking forward to a great RP! Me and Slayer are thinking of this planet for the RP, let us know what you think! (We are starting the RP on Omega, if you didn't guess!)
Planet-http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Carcosa
"I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things"-Tyrion Lannister.

Brock10
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:43 pm

So cuuuute! -fangirlish squeal- Krogan are amazing.

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brock10 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Hey everyone who's a merc, can I just ask a question? How did you all meet Roz? Why? And to my partner, Slayer, why did you agree to partner with this group of a Krogan, a Reaper-Man and a vengeful Turian Engineer? What do you like about them? Sorry, this'll just give me a better feel for your characters(they're already amazing, just curious). Thanks again,
Brock10.

Brock10
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:00 pm

It'll be easier for you guys when I have Roz's profile up. ><;; Sorry! I'm doin' the background and then she'll be up! /slowcoloringfail

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brock10 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Hey, if it were me in your position Slayer, the picture would probably look more like a Reaper than a Turian!

Brock10
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby APeculiarDuck on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Soooo guys, what do you think of my charicter? Can you give me any feedback? Cheers.

APeculiarDuck
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:34 pm

HA! Finally! Jeezus.... -headdesk- Now to do Karin. Roz's story/personality looks weak. May rewrite it at some point... if I'm not overly lazy. ><;; Should probably explain the whole 'Scarlet Rose' thing. Probably the darkest--and most interesting--aspect about my dear Roz...
Roz: -rolls eyes- I've gotten over the whole 'temporary insanity' thing. I'm fine with humans now.
Shush, you.

Duck-I quite like Ranek. He feels very Turian.
Roz: What is that supposed to mean?
^^;;; I mean he's a very believable Turian. I can't wait until he's developed more.
Roz: Uh-huh.

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:54 pm

@ Brock, did you want us to add in how we met Roz into our bio/history?

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!