Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Tale of Seven Children

A Tale of Seven Children

a part of “A Tale of Seven Children”, a fictional universe by zody.

You should click this, seriously!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Tale of Seven Children”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A Tale of Seven Children

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Dayamn, that's quite the list. I watch anime where I can, but now I feel kinda inadequate in my viewing habits. I don't even know if I can think of any anime not listed there that contains any of the above specifications... Anywho, I don't know if it's the best series or counts, but I'd consider some things like S-CRY-ed, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World and maybe even Steel Angel Kurumi Season 1 (Which is a bit of a stretch, but as I said, my knowledge is pretty limited). I probably do know more, but thinking of them after you cut out a few from my list is pretty hard. Hmm... Maybe .hack//sign or .hack//roots?
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 pm

I will try them...Anyway, how long have you been watching anime or reading manga, Tanman-san? I have started reading/watching them since I was 6 or 7 or so...I find them kinda fascinating.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blackwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Hmm, good question. I was fairly young when I saw some anime, but I had no idea what it was - to me it was another cartoon, basically. I would've been in my primary school or younger years, about 9 or 10. Back then, it was Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z and the like, which were entertaining in there own way. I think the first series I really watched was Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 after my dad told me there was a 'cartoon' on SBS. It was probably a bit too graphicy and dark for a kid my age, but damn was that cool back then. Anywho, once I started working out what Anime was I started watching more whenever I got the chance - which wasn't very often. On pay tv they briefly had an anime section, where I got to watch all of Full Metal Alchemist along with Gundam Seed. After that, a rental store nearby started stocking random animes that had come out, so I started renting the odd old series from them, going through things like Cowboy Bebop, Chrono Crusade and Kiddy Grade, amongst plenty of others. Unfortunately, Manga is way expensive here, and I don't really make the time to read it, so anime is enough of a quick fix for me. Giant Robots have by far, dominated my list of favourite anime, likely because of the first few things I got into. I'm a pretty lazy fan though, since I actually own very little anime and, though many people find it atrocious, prefer to watch alot of things dubbed.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 pm

hmm...I can't listen to English that well so I prefer the subbed version....I dislike renting things so I watch anime and read manga online...At first, it's a little hard to watch and things like that but after a while, I get used to it and stuffs. When I was younger, I liked light-hearted stuffs like Card Captor Sakura or Doraemon but I grew out of it sometime later and I currently like to watch anime/manga that is serious, dark and has some comedy in it like Trigun for example or Gokudo (seriously, that Gokudo guy is a d*ck. He steals, cheats, lies, sells his friends, sells others' souls to the devil...etc ya get the idea) At least you own something, Tanman-san...I own absolutely nothing...I heard that Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is quite good. Have you watched it?

blackwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Oh yes. Definitely near the top of my list, if not on top. It's mindblowingly better then the original Full Metal Alchemist, and I think it'd be a favourite of yours, based on what you described for your tastes. I wholeheartedly reccommend it, even if you've seen the original. This version basically follows the manga to the letter, and that is apparently phenomenal as well. Go now. Get it. Watch. Enjoy.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:12 pm

To the letter? Now that's interesting...I rarely hear of any animes that follow the mangas to the letter...XD Yep...I will definitely watch it! Thanks...So, what kinds of genres do you like? I like shounen maybe fantasy, demon but I rarely like echi or graphic stuffs...or romance...XD

blackwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm pretty open to most anything. Romance, depending on whether it's comedy or serious determines if I find it interesting. Sappy love stories that take ages for the two to come together are just... blegh. I much prefer one with a bickering couple or a love triangle, something like that. But yeah, action, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi - anything works for me, particularly when it's at least somewhat pretty. I'm very superficial when it comes to anime, and like how they look. But yeah, my tastes are pretty diverse. I've gone into most all anime with an open mind, and usually take at least something away that I like. Generally though, I like any genre so long as there's a slight mix of half-decent comedy thrown in there. Anywho, I got work again in about 40 minutes, leaving in about 20, but in the 3 hours after that, I'm totally hoping things have moved along. Then again, the flashback I've been working on in my spare time isn't finished...

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Great Thundorz on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

Whoa, when did this turn into anime, and then there was a gigantic wall post I just saw. I will say that if I have to post again, I will to keep things moving along. So uh yeah, what are your guy's favorite animes? I have a few depending on genre, but I'll let you guys post your opinions first.

The Great Thundorz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:25 am

hmm...I really don't have a favorite one...I like too many to decide XD. I just have animes that I dislike and animes that I like. Animes like err Kyou Kara Maou is a no-no. I have watched it and I dislike it a lot. The main character is supposed to be a king and stuff but he's too much of a pussy to lead properly and too frightened to do anything useful. He gest better as time goes on but still...I dislike him from the very start. If he doesn't want to be a king then just lets someone else does it *sneers in distaste* Anyway, I like a lot of animes and some of them are like...well, in serious stuff (deaths and sad and all like that), I have Death Note, Ao No Exorcist, Black Butler, D.gray man, Phantom: Requiem of Phantom, Black Lagoon and maybe Hellsing. In lighter animes (like it is still dark but mixed up with some comedy) I will have...err...Durarara!, Baccono!, Beelzebub, Naruto, Bleach...In a much more lighter animes, I think Saiyuki and Gokudo, maybe Trigun, too. And in animes where the protagonists are heroes (you know, the usual stuffs?) I like...uhmm...Katekyo Hitman no Reborn, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi...Overall, I think I like quite a lot so there's no point in finding out a favorite one.

On a side note, I never like romance animes...ever.

blackwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac the Impaler on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Another Dark/Demonic Anime would be Berserk. The Manga is far better than the Anime, and there is more of it, but the Anime is worth watching all the same. Guts is one of my all time favourite anime characters.

Also, Hellsing is epic. Real vampires don't sparkle :D

Our core is madness. Our prime directive is murder. We came to rule the Earth not because we were the strongest or the smartest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Mac the Impaler
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Gundam Seed/00,Martian Successor Nadesico and Steel Angel Kurumi (Only season 1) are all anime that top my charts. As you can see, I tend to like Mecha a bunch.

@Blackwolf: Oh! I haven't seen it, but I've been recommended Soul Eater alot. Not sure if it's dark, but yeah, thought I might mention it.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:40 am

Berserk is my will-watch list, after Pumpkin Scissors and Casshern Sins. And Tanman-san, I really love Soul Eater. Madness is contagious, ya know *winks* XD XD

blackwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:28 am

Now I feel like crap for not watching much Anime anymore >=O

Thanks a ton guys, ya just ruined my day(s).

LOLJKS.

Anyways, I'm not gonna go into details about the Anime and Manga I've watched/ read, so don't whine at me about it. On another note, Borderlands is fun as hell.

---

I've been at a friends house for the past few days, and they have shitty internet so I haven't been able to even check up on T7C or anything online at all. I'll start working on a post asap to get things moving along again x3

EDIT: Also, me and a few others have decided that after the reply posts to the Hall events and the Council meeting, we'll be skipping until that Sunday. Or something like that. xD
"Chillax Zody, Scheming Zody, Asshole Satori Zody, Srsbsns Zody, Gentleman Zody, GM Zody, TSUNTSUN Zody, Yandere Zody, Kuudere Zody, Immoral Zody, Zodiac, SCIENCE! Zody, Regular Zody, Seductive Zody, Kawaii Desu Neko Zody so far.

Why the hell are there so many Zody's?!"

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:01 am

Just letting people know I edited my last post to add in some content for Kane. Figured it made more sense then posting after Zody again, so uh, go check that out if you want. It's not too much. Incidently, how's everyone going? Looking forward to the coming battle?

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:26 am

just come by to tell you guys that you probably won't see me until Saturday...I have a personal business I need to attend...

Ja~

blackwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:22 am

Sorry for not posting or anything, but just in case Mac forgot to notify you all, I'm busy moving to a new house. And if you're curious as to how I'm writing this, my phone internet is awesome.

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:09 am

I was told nothing. NOTHING. But, I'm glad to hear all is well. I'll continue chilling out til things start up again, Ayup.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Great Thundorz on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Same here, although I am looking forward to us starting things up again. Can't wait.

I have no idea where Mac has been either, so.... Yeah, what Tanman said.

The Great Thundorz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:57 am

So it looks like my Internet'll be up early! =D

Anyways, the Internet here's been connected but we need to get a long cable to actually connect it from our Laptops to the thingy. Lol.

Anyways, I'll edit this when my Internet's fully operational and then I'll work on my post. =D

EDIT: Internet was put up today, which is two days after they told us they'd be setting it up. >_< Anyways, I've finished the first part of my Post, and I'll be working on Asmodeus' part asap.

zody
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:23 am

I'm so very sorry for not saying anything to you... the business takes much longer than I have previously thought and I still HAVEN'T finished it yet DX DX DX...I'll try to post tomorrow but I can't promise anything. I'm sorry... It just... my real life is not very peaceful lately...

blackwolf
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!