Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Skyguard: Rising

a part of “Skyguard: Rising”, a fictional universe by Elrith Eldwind.

A High Fantasy game set in an original universe. You are one of the Skyguard, an ancient and respected order that transcends the races and nations, Dragon riders and Dragons alike join their ranks and soar the skies, ensuring the peace of the world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Skyguard: Rising”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Welcome, one and all, to the roleplay "Skyguard: Rising"!

I am aware of the Coding issues on the front page and that some of the links do not work for all people, I am attempting to fix this and I am currently working on getting the finalized full history up, please give me some time for these issues and take the game for what it is, a good opportunity.
Last edited by Elrith Eldwind on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Skyguard: Rising

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:57 pm

This looks super-awesome, just saying. Looking for any roles (aside from the low-ranking member of Skyguard thing) in particular, or should I just find myself a character concept and run with it?

EDIT: Also, are the procedures of pair-matching with the Vanguards and the Sentinels conducted in any particular way? Based on personality or ability or suchlike? Which is to say, should we be coordinating with another player to make a matched team, or just doing what we want and lining them all up later?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Insomniatic on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:14 pm

This sounds like a lot of fun :) I'd be up for creating a Sentinel. I'll be happy to pair up with anyone for a Vanguard/Sentinel duo.

Insomniatic
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arabella13 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 pm

This looks wicked awesome! I am gonna make a sentinel! :D

Arabella13
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neverland on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Sounds fascinating - mind if I give it a shot? I'm thinking about creating a Vanguard, and I'd be delighted to accept Insomniatic's offer if it's still on the table.
- Neverland -
"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it." ~ J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Neverland
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Insomniatic on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Sure! That sounds great.

Insomniatic
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neverland on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Thank you! Should we work out the details through private messaging when the time comes?

Neverland
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:28 pm

The rules got removed i see so you guys didn't see the major catch for this game, You MUST play BOTH a Sentinel and a Vanguard in this Game.

I was going to make it so that you could not play your own partner however that seems counter productive now.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Insomnia and Neverland, i will grant you two a chance to make your duo if you so desire still.

As for the partner picking in the game it happens as the Sentinels and Vanguard are placed together at random at first in a large room for two days ,the Sentinels and Vanguards either find a new partner who they agree with or they remain with the initial selection and deal with it, who knows how it happens but it is exceedingly rare for a partnership to fall apart while the two still operate in the Skyguard.

PS: I know people like us are often fans of Japanese and Chinese themes but please don't everyone be from Gal Nim, it's supposed to be obscure and two characters on reserve are already form it so please look at the other nations first.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:40 pm

I for one am completely fine playing both. I've got a Vanguard almost done and will gladly make a Sentinel afterwards. :)

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ivisbo on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:51 pm

In the process of making a Vanguard from Zepher and a Sentinel from Kalium, though I'd rather match up a partnership with someone else if any one is up for it.

Ivisbo
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 pm

I'd gladly match my vanguard with your sentinel if you like, Ivisbo (assuming acceptance of both, that is).

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ivisbo on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:18 pm

@White Rock- sounds good to me!

Ivisbo
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:29 am

All right, both my characters have been submitted!

Mr. GM boss-person, I'm happy to change anything that doesn't fly with you for whatever reason, so if something's wrong, let me know. I assumed a Skyguard Seal was a sort of tattoo or something, since I didn't see anything about it specifically, but if I'm off there, please do say so. I'm open to changing details to better fit the world and all that.

Ivisbo, if you wanna get in touch about team stuff, Eshe is the Vanguard in question (she's in my profile since apparently, the site won't let me post links). I figure that we should probably work out a few things about our characters before everything gets underway, since they have to have some form of history, even if it's short.

Also, Salazar needs a partner, so whomever wants their character to be the poor, unlucky person who has to deal with him is welcome to shoot me a message also. Call me Rook; I'm a friendly person, I swear! ^_^

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ivisbo on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:02 am

@Rook Great! My Sentinel is done and in my profile as well, his name is Kirill. I'll PM you so we can go over things once I have read over Eshe's profile.

I also wasn't sure about the Seal, I sort of wrote it as a badge (like a police officers). I can easily change it to a tattoo if thats what it is supposed to be.

I'll have my Vanguard done hopefully tomorrow, also still looking for a partner for him.

Ivisbo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:54 am

The Seal, right, that's a piece of artwork i still have to make up along with the map for the game/ It's a golden crests, a badge of sorts, that the members wear that has an inlay of a silver knights helm facing one way ,and merged with that a platinum dragons head facing the other with a single precious stone above them radiating lines of light. The reason for the expensive metal is that even the Sentinels can use such metallic objects and wear them without any potential harm to themselves.

also the map has yet to be done because honestly i can't draw well by hand and the only program i have is paint. but the continent is circular, actually a bit more elliptical but you get the picture, with a single great mountain range rising at it's very core, and the Five nations radiating form that range, like the slices of a pie. Zepher is set due west form the center, after that the other four in clockwise order are Kalium, Gal Nim, Lorthus, and Eirea. there is a great lake between Zepher and Eirea and a large strip of desert in Lorthus. at Gal Nim's borders are several sudden impassible mountains that sprout up erratically, these are connected by huge wall segments forming the nations legendary wall.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mathew Littlepaw on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Eldwind, you play GW2 don't you? o3o I can tell. Anyways, I would love to make a Vanguard character for this RP :D If you will have me, Knight Commander.

Mathew Littlepaw
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 pm

No, i don't play GW2, and remember people you make TWO Charas, one Sentinel and one Vanguad, i am no longer accepting charas until both are posted. you CAN post both of them in the same character portfolio.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaquelRae on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 pm

- My character 'Silveria' is a sentinel awaiting to partnered with a vanguard.
EDIT: She has a partner.
Out of the night that covers me black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms,
the menace of the years finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

RaquelRae
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:50 pm

it is important to note that there are no more sentient races in the world than the remaining three of the original four; those being Human, Mermin, and Daemon(no one should be this last one). However, these races do take many forms. Elves are Human Mermin hybrids, born of a Mermin man and a human woman, they are the rarest Tribe in the world, having three tiny villages along the banks of the Great Lake, two in Eirea and one in Zepher.

Dryads are Humans who are members of a small tribe in the valley between the Five Peaks left by Skyguard Rock ascending. They are born looking like regular humans, however as they grow up they are exposed to many traditional rituals that fuse their bodies with nature to help them survive the harsh environment. They are the second rarest Tribe in the world. It should be noted that two characters come form this Tribe already so please don't make anymore.

We will be beginning soon with the start of day one, at about seven AM. then breakfast and finally the players will be summoned by the Masters. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE GAME IS CLOSED. New charas WILL be accepted (providing they are within the rules and such) even after posting begins.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!