Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Silhouette Institute

The Silhouette Institute

a part of “The Silhouette Institute”, a fictional universe by AmyGotScared.

An institution on the middle of France, unknown to the rest of the world theses students are being trained to understand and use in their defense their "Special" Powers. (All old members welcome!) (GM'S: AmyGotScared & XShishiox)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Silhouette Institute”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Silhouette Institute

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Retrovertigo on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:00 am

Hello Hello

I'd like to reserve a new blood girl, I'm thinking precognition...fun.
Oh so hard, so many. True Detective/Vikings/Bates Motel trifecta currently

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Retrovertigo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:08 am

*Edit

Nevermind.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 am

AmyGotScared & XShishiox : I just wanted to know if you guys have a CS for us? I just want to know what are the main things the two of you want to see in the character :)
Thanks!
ImageImage

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 am

welp i just submitted Jessie ^^

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Below is a modified version of the CS I plan on using. Obviously, you can dress it up or down to your liking, but this contains the basic information that I believe all characters should have. If you have a different CS that you like to use, that would be fine as well, however, it should contain the same basic information. Obviously unexplained/dictated uniformity is never the best idea, but I would like to be able to easily navigate your CS and be able to find everything I'm looking for. XP

Code: Select all
[center][img]http://static.guim.co.uk/static/a5270704203d991538c838995d0bce8f73628c75/common/images/icon_audio.gif[/img][size=80][url=YOUTUBE LINK HERE]SONG NAME HERE[/url][/size][img]http://static.guim.co.uk/static/a5270704203d991538c838995d0bce8f73628c75/common/images/icon_audio.gif[/img][/center] [hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=250][i]General Information[/i][/color][/font][/size][/center][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[left][img]Put%20Image%20Link%20Here.[/img][/left][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Name[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Insert Name Here[/font][/size]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Nicknames[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Insert Nickname Here[/size][/font]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Gender[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Insert Gender Here [/size][/font]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Age[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Insert Age Here[/size][/font]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Romantic Interest[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Insert Romantic Interest Here[/size][/font]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Sexuality[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Insert Sexuality Here.[/size][/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=250][i]Appearence[/i][/color][/font][/size][/center[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[center][img]Insert%20Image%20Here[/img][/center]

[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Hair[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Hair Description Here.[/size][/font]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Eye color[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Eye Color Here.[/size][/font]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Height & Weight[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Height and weight here..[/size][/font]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Ethnicity[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Ethnicity here.[/size][/font]

[color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Detailed[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Detailed Description here. (If you want to add it.)[/size][/font][/center]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=250][i]Inner Self[/i][/color][/font][/size][/center][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[right][img]Insert%20Image%20Here[/img][/right][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Personality[/size][/font][/color]
[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Personality here. [/size][/font]

[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Ability[/size][/font][/color]
[size=125][font=iskoola pota]Abilty here[/size][/font][/center]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[left][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Likes[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
[/size][/font][/left][right][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Dislikes[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
[/size][/font][/right]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=250][i]A Little More Facts[/i][/color][/font][/size][/center[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[left][img]IMAGE%20HERE[/img][/left][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]History [/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]Insert History Here [/size][/font]

[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Other[/size][/font][/color]

[size=125][font=Iskoola Pota]~
~
~
[/size][/font][/center]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=250][i]Face Claim[/i][/color][/font][/size][/center[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=200]Face Claim Here[/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][img]Insert%20Image%20Here[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][color=#43687A][font=Iskoola Pota][size=250][i]Theme Song[/i][/color][/font][/size][/center[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[center][img]http://static.guim.co.uk/static/a5270704203d991538c838995d0bce8f73628c75/common/images/icon_audio.gif[/img][size=200][url=YOUTUBE LINK HERE]SONG NAME HERE[/url][/size][img]http://static.guim.co.uk/static/a5270704203d991538c838995d0bce8f73628c75/common/images/icon_audio.gif[/img][/center]

[size=100][font=Iskoola Pota][center]Song Lyrics Here[/center][/font][/size]
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Whoops. I submitted a character before you sent out the character sheet. I'll redo it and have it back to you guys by the end of the day.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 pm

No worries. Your CS is probably fine.

If you'd like to use the CS I've supplied, that's fine. However, as long as you review the CS I've supplied and add any information you might have missed, that will be good enough.

We just want to be able to see the information that's listed, the way it looks doesn't matter. Below is a list of the stuff our CS asks for. As long as you've got the vast majority of the information we ask for, it'll be fine. Asterisks mark the information that isn't necessary. Everything else will need to be there.

Name:

*Nicknames:

Sexuality:

Face Claim: A real person please!

*Tattoos/Piercings/Scars/Distinctive markings: Be creative if you like!

Height:

Weight:

*Usual Clothing/Outfit:

Flaws/Weaknesses: Everyone's got at least 1, preferably 2.

Fears: Everyone's got at least 1.

Personality:

Ability/(ies): At any rank, a character can only have 1 power/ability. If your ability allows it, at higher levels, you can branch into other similar abilities, but they all must stem from the first. (E.G: A Hydro-kinetic character, who controls water, could also control ice or water vapor with enough practice.)

~Within your ability, you can list:
*Things you can do well.
*Things you can't do well and/or are working on.
*Things you can't do yet, but could be capable of with lots of practice.

Hisotry/Bio:

*Theme Song:

*Other: this can be anything not listed above. Things like close personal possessions/lucky charms, quirks/habits/etc.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Olive is all done! I changed her up a bit....starting with the FC....and a bit of her history....and probably her personality. Anywho! Hope everyone likes her!
Gir ♥

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyanSponge on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Hey, I'd like to reserve a female New Blood student please. My favorite tv show is Supernatural, and my favorite movie is Instructions not Included.

CyanSponge
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:02 pm

It's lookin' good guys! I'm just about to go ahead and review your characters, so far I have accepted mine and one of our old members profiles just so you can take a gander at reference.

EDIT: Also, we're starting to just tip over the edge of more females at this point, just remember the whole "Keep genders balanced" thing.
Where there is no imagination there is no horror. | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

My honey I know, with the dawn that you will be gone, but tonight you belong to me
Patience and Prudence

http://www.peacefullyreckless.tumblr.com/

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Thank you XShishioX for helping me with my CS! I resubmitted it, adding in the rest of the information that was required for it.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:08 am

Amy, if you wouldn't mind, would you reapply that picture that Scott was using in the first Silhouette once I submit my profile?
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 am

I wouldn't mind at all! I'll get right to it~

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:17 am

Thank you so much. I can't wait to get started. We really have a diverse group here.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:57 pm

A good idea might to keep and maintain a list of NPC's that are notable. It'll help especially at the start so we know who and what we're dealing with, especially for characters who have been here some time now.
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:42 pm

Oof da, finished!

It's not as good as I would have liked, but I can always make edits later. What incredible timing too, I can't wait to start! :)

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:16 am

Alright so I'm just typing up the first post, and I was thinking about setting it up on the Sunday night before the classes start. Last time we started it Sunday morning and everyone was itching to get to classes, so I think the night of Sunday would be best. We could have a chance for our characters to interact with each other 2-3 posts before classes. But, if you guys wanted we could start it on the Monday morning. Let me know what you guys think, just so I know what to type. ^^

PS. @Shi, you're character is as brilliant as always, It's perfect!

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:25 am

Oh pshaw, says the brilliant mind who conducted this entire symphony of excellence. I am but a single cello in the orchestra of your greatness.

Ooh... That was a good one... I might have to save that.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:30 am

Shi my brother, I already saved it and I can send it to you whenever you want

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:40 am

Tasty.

Neko~onii~sama, you are a true friend... (۶ꈨຶꎁꈨຶ)۶

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!