Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Silhouette Institute

The Silhouette Institute

a part of “The Silhouette Institute”, a fictional universe by AmyGotScared.

An institution on the middle of France, unknown to the rest of the world theses students are being trained to understand and use in their defense their "Special" Powers. (All old members welcome!) (GM'S: AmyGotScared & XShishiox)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Silhouette Institute”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Silhouette Institute

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Hello this is where you make your character reservations! ^^ (Remember to read the rules pass code! ^^)

Feel free to contact me or Shi-bang with anything! c: (member/XShishioX/)
Last edited by AmyGotScared on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where there is no imagination there is no horror. | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

My honey I know, with the dawn that you will be gone, but tonight you belong to me
Patience and Prudence

http://www.peacefullyreckless.tumblr.com/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: The Silhouette Institute

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:09 pm

May I have a Medial Female student please! And I have this new love for Supernatural. It could be because of Jesen Ackles. xD
Gir ♥

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:20 pm

I would be interested in bringing Scott back for Silhouette. However, I will avoid submitting the character and making the full commitment until I see how many are going to join/join back up and whether this is going to last this time or fall to pieces again. I am glad to see it back up and running, though.

Also, my favorite show is Yu Yu Hakusho.
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:41 pm

I would love the role of the rebel. Call it a desire to stick to what I do best. And has anyone else here seen Engaged to the Unidentified? Because even though it's not my favorite show(gotta stick to the classic Firefly/Red Green Show/TengenToppa Gurren Lagaan holy trinity), I love the characters and how well they bounce off of one another. Not to mention a certain character's... Bouncing in the opening.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi! I would love to reserve a medial male character! (If you guys don't mind)
Currently, Sherlock, though it's so...well, short. I'm still thinking of a power but it might be related to gravity or weapons...
ImageImage

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HetaGamer on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi again! Can I reserve a New Blood male?

My favorite TV show is probably Sherlock.

Also his power would be fire manipulation.
Last edited by HetaGamer on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HetaGamer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Can I reserve a spot for a male new blood? [I just finished all the Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel episodes (not in one sitting :l) so I'm probably going to move onto another tv show. But for I right now I suppose those two would be my favorite.] I was planning on having my character be able to phase out of his material body and into his spiritual one which consequently lets him walk around in his spiritual body undetected by the human eye, communicate with other spirits, and at his highest skill level possess other people. (possession is more of the dark side of his power which could become an interesting arc in his character)

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:06 pm

woo ima bring back my character to Silhouette~ may i reserve a Medial Female. My favorite tv show is...well im currently fangirling over teen wolf soo ya xD and Jessie's power will be what she already has which is bone manipulation~

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:26 pm

Hey-o everybody! As I'm sure you an see, I'm Shishio, your Co-GM in this delightful little gem of an RP. Thanks in advance to all of you who've shown interest, and the part you've decided to play in making this RP a success. I'm glad to see it hasn't been long and we've already got a good number of people lining up to get playing!

Ahh! Right, before I forget, my favorite show! It depends. I have a favorite show of just about each genre of anime, but if you're not into that sort of thing, I still watch your standard Spongebob, Adventure Time, and the Amazing World of Gumball. If you're STILL not into that kind of thing... for starters, wow, no cartoons? Like ever? Not judging or anything, it's your own preference, and I'm just as weird for loving cartoons and anime as much as I do. Seriously though, like never? In that case, I'm a fan of Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, and Supernatural. The latter is somewhat dwindling, SPOILER ALERT, as I can only take so many times the boys have literally gone to hell and back. END SPOILER ALERT!

So, that takes care of that. So, let's check my list here. 1) Introduction/Thank You. Check. 2) Favorite Shows. Check. 3). Checking my list. 4) You double checking to see that I actually have checked off checking my list. I haven't by the way. Possible Check. Ahh, 5) PM's!

Amy's already beat me to the punch, but I'll go ahead and say my next piece anyway. Do feel free to send me a PM in regards to questions you've got, if you'd like a helpful suggestion/proof-reading on something you're working on, if you're aspiring to be a world renowned contender in Pokémon eSports and you'd like me to teach you my knowledges, if you're interested in having character relationships, if you've run out of good anime and you'd like me to suggest something for you (I am a pretty knowledgeable repository of such information), or if you're lonely and you'd like to chat. I'm pretty much always on, and I get bored easily. I also tend to type too much. Sorry in advance. XP

Lastly, and arguably most importantly:

Squee.

That's all for now. See you inside! :D
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Hmmm favorite show...Dr.Who definitely Dr.Who

I'm willing to take a crack at a Male Medial (temperature based power)...or well anything really I'm flexible. Also I'm not ashamed of asking for a CS frame when offered.

Lastly: Shishio!!!! MISS YOU BRO, CALL ME SOMETIME!!!
Last edited by Nekohina on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:53 pm

@Miss dreamer, certainly, she's reserved for you. ^^ (And oh my, that's my best friends favourite show as well and she positively fan girls by even the mention of Jensen!)

@True Grave, alright awesome! Whatever you decide~

@Thundergod, the rebel is reserved for you! ^^ Also If you have any questions regarding him, just ask me as I'm sure it might be a slight confusing.

@Aaron, I will most certainly reserve any spot for a fellow Sherlock fan~!

@Heta, Hello :3 And yup got him all reserved for you. Also, more Sherlock fans, this is wonderful and my fan girl is slipping out ;-; (Also side note, Veiled has all its characters soon so the first post should be up in little to no time at all~)

@Ansreth, He's all yours! And can't wait to see it, the ability sounds cool!

@Grims, all reserved for you! c: (All the people in teen wolf are so attractive, holy.)

and @Shi, this is all I am going to say to you. (Or show actually.) Image

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:53 pm

I accidently submitted my character (pressed enter instead of shift) which I barely started. Is there a way to edit it or do I just submit another one in its stead?

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:03 am

We're definitely off to a good start. I think I'll resubmit Scott tomorrow, give it time for other returning members like me to come back. I especially want to see Xavier come back, since he was Scott's roomie. I think third time will be the charm for this roleplay, and we can get an awesome story going.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:27 am

Thanks AmyGotScared. I was going to resubmit my other character, but I'm going to make someone else. You guys should still like her. She is amazing and really pretty.FC:is Amber Heard.Umm..I have to decided whether or not I want to change my ability.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saerith on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:06 am

I'd like to reserve one of the New Blood girls, if that's ok. I'm thinking of giving her the ability to interfere in other people senses, for instance, inflicting temporary blindness of mutism. My favorite show is definitely American Horror Story even though the last season wasn't great :(
Inside of us there is a thing with no name. That thing is what we are.

Saerith
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:29 am

@Ansreth Maern, if you go to your profile page (hint: click the link in your name) or if you select profile in the upper right corner of your screen (hint: it should be a black bar with turquoise writing.) you can navigate to the list containing every character you've ever made. There you can edit, abandon, or delete any character you possess. Does that help?

@Amy, I still love you and think you're amazing. Stop being so good to me. Seriously.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:04 am

@XShishioX Yes! Thank you! I submitted my character. FC is Avan Jogia from twisted.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:29 am

Just reiterating my interest in a Male Medial since my original expression didn't get a clarification.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 am

Glad to help!

Everyone's a newbie at some point. All the little stuff gets hard to keep track of all at once for the first couple of months. You get used to it as time goes on. Man, back in the day we didn't even have the chat bar. It was so nice when they added that... Jeez, I sound like a geezer, eh? XP

Man though, that brings me back.

I remember submitting not one, not two, but, like, five or six character sheets to a Roleplay I wanted to be in. All of them were exactly the same, except for the names (cause RPGWay won't let two characters have the same name in the same game). I thought that they hadn't saved any of my corrections/character edits, and I was upset 'cause I'd worked super hard on them, ya know?

I just kept redoing the whole sheet, all the way from the character submission on the intro page, only to have the GM point out to me that I'd made some half a dozen CS's. That was super embarrassing. Sure I deleted the ones I didn't need, but I remember that I was so embarrassed I was blushing at something I had READ from the SCREEN. I couldn't stop for hours... XP

Long story short, you can says ask for help. It makes you look smarter too. :D

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Not that awesome on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:54 am

Just letting everyone know that I'm raising Flynn from the dead :p My favourite TV show is The Killing [Danish version. Scandinavian crime is great.]

[we're fated to pretend.]

Not that awesome
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!