Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The art of ruling - Historical - Political

a part of “The art of ruling - Historical - Political”, a fictional universe by Alator.

This is a roleplay that takes place in the late 1600s, starting at 1689. We will assume the roles of kings, emperors, councillors and/or powerful nobles in a nation. We would govern it and strive to better our own positions in the RP. Wars, to avoid heat

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The art of ruling - Historical - Political”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:02 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The art of ruling - Historical - Political"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alator
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The art of ruling - Historical - Political

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:31 am

The Republic of the Netherlands has been submitted! Once you have approved it I will submit individual characters to go with it! This is going to be great fun, I lived in Holland for some time and studied this stuff pretty extensively!
"No sacrifice is greater than someone elses'." - Skipper

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:10 am

Hmm... I'm interested in either England or Austria.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:22 pm

So, question. What other people/councilors can I play in Spain? Given that its current King is quite mad and all.

There is no War in Ba Sing Se

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Ragnarök wrote:The Republic of the Netherlands has been submitted! Once you have approved it I will submit individual characters to go with it! This is going to be great fun, I lived in Holland for some time and studied this stuff pretty extensively!

Ragnarök, wait, I said that "We will wait until everyone has created their characters"

And the Glorious revolution has not even started yet, William was not especially enthustiatic to begin with, he needs to gather support first, as he did in history. So please remove your post, or edit it into something not involving that at the moment.

I will be handling the time passing aswell, it will stand on the top of all my IC posts. (That did not conern you alone but I wanted to inform everyone about that)
Last edited by Alator on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alator
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:18 pm

almostinsane wrote:Hmm... I'm interested in either England or Austria.

Nice, once you have picked a nation please go ahead and submit a character. But beware that England within a few months, wich Ragnarök was a bit eager with attempting, will be trying to take the Power from you.

Alator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Magus1108 wrote:So, question. What other people/councilors can I play in Spain? Given that its current King is quite mad and all.

I am a bit unsure, I guess you can create a character if you want to. Otherwise you could play as his regent and mother: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_of_Austria

Alator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Okay. So, I'm trying to figure this out... Are we revising history or are we playing along with events as they actually unfolded?
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Fear of a Female Planet wrote:Okay. So, I'm trying to figure this out... Are we revising history or are we playing along with events as they actually unfolded?

I would like to know this as well. Because if you just want me to re-play history exactly as it worked out, I'll just post some wikipedia articles and call it a day.

I don't feel like being corrected every single post

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:20 am

Fear of a Female Planet wrote:Okay. So, I'm trying to figure this out... Are we revising history or are we playing along with events as they actually unfolded?

We are revising it, but at the start I wanted us to be as it was in history for example: France does not become best buddies with the Habsburgs a few Days after this.

I just wanted to get everything on the right track as it was in history, and it could change from there. In a realistic way, not like my example above. Historically realistic simply.

And Ragnarök I am sorry if I came out a little hard on you yesterday, I was quite tired and had said that we would wait in the interest check thread. And I wanted to tell you that it would be the best if William gathered support in England first. As he did in history, or got outside support. Seeing as William was not enthustiatic with outright conquering England without knowing that he had a great deal of support for doing so. I really loved the ammount of work you put into this, however I just thought that you became a Little too eager ;)

It's easy to want to get things done fast. Just wait a Little while for the rest to get their characters done, and you will soon be on your merry way to England with a fleet at your back :P

Alator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Hmm... How much of history can I tweek from the start? For example, I'm thinking of an original Anglican character as Chancellor and James declaring an edict of tolerance that included the Presbyterians completely if I choose England. And is this before or after James had that one edict of his read in every church?

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:48 pm

almostinsane wrote:Hmm... How much of history can I tweek from the start? For example, I'm thinking of an original Anglican character as Chancellor and James declaring an edict of tolerance that included the Presbyterians completely if I choose England. And is this before or after James had that one edict of his read in every church?

This is a little after the latest edict was read in every church, and he started with creating edicts to help Catholicism in 1686. Wich means that you have a great deal of your own people against you. So I see little you can do in terms of tweaking from the start... However you might tweak a great deal after getting overthrown. Or if you play as a chancellor, you might even help William take Control an rule England alongside him, or try to get rid of him. You have plenty of options, afterwards. But sadly not so much in the beginning.

Alator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:13 pm

I do not recall asking if we could expedite timelines and make the impossible happen ;) I certainly wasn't suggesting that major power deals occur in an obscenely short amount of time. I'm just trying to determine how much leeway we have in character creation, alliances, plot lines, etc...

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Fear of a Female Planet wrote:I do not recall asking if we could expedite timelines and make the impossible happen ;) I certainly wasn't suggesting that major power deals occur in an obscenely short amount of time. I'm just trying to determine how much leeway we have in character creation, alliances, plot lines, etc...

Aslong as it is realistic (An absolute monarchy cannot get controlled by a noble etc) you can do whatever you feel like. Aslong as they are not your enemies, you can ally them, and as for plots, well no unrealistic things like forging a few documents that says that you are really the rightful ruler of Austria etc.

Alator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Thank you for clarifying, Alator!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:07 pm

When everyone has created their characters we will start this up, unless everyone still isn't done for the next weekend, in that case we'll start it up then.

Alator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Is it one character slot per nation? Do original characters get their own entries? If so, is there a template you'd prefer?

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:23 am

An overview and a link to wikipedia would be great, if you character is an historical one that is.

I did it like this: roleplay/the-art-of-ruling-historical-political/characters/karl-xi-von-wittelsbach-of-sweden

And you will also be able to control diplomats etc, seeing as the leader of the nation hardly has to go himself to get things said.

Alator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:36 pm

I'm afraid I will have to quit this. I just don't think I'm that good with history to play this. Plus, things are picking up in real life.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alator on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:39 am

almostinsane wrote:I'm afraid I will have to quit this. I just don't think I'm that good with history to play this. Plus, things are picking up in real life.

Well problems with the history part should not be a problem, I could help you get on the right track.

But IRL things go first, so I wish you good luck. Hopefully you'll be able to get back to us.

Alator
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!