Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Colors of the Rainbow

Colors of the Rainbow

a part of “Colors of the Rainbow”, a fictional universe by forgivingSufferer.

When the old ruler of this world is finally succeeded by the heir, the test of their power now lies within the chance of them either handling the uprising lowers, holding tightly onto power, or maybe even showing a change of heart? No one knows yet.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Colors of the Rainbow”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Colors of the Rainbow

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 pm

The first post is an example of how to actually format a paragraph roleplay, but you dont have to make it that long, it should be at a max of 500 unless you feel the need to try and go to 3100 as i remember i specified. Personally, I find i have more fun when people attempt to use proper grammar and sentence structure to at least the point of how they would in real life it they were talking, you know?

If you want to start roleplaying its also kinda fun to try and target a certain roleplayer you wish to try and rp with's character. you should definitely talk to the admin too if you wanna roleplay with someone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hrh gwen on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:48 pm

I am so sorry for posting out of order, if I could move or delete it I would. I'll try my hardest to keep my grammar good, though my posts are going to be a bit short. Any character who wants to can respond to that post, me and cephalopawed just thought it would be a good way to introduce Hattie and Josephine. I swear I will get better at this with experience

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hrh gwen
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:29 pm

well you technically can delete it

and yeah you should try and find a specific character though with someone to introduce josephine and hattie if you want. if anything hemoro would appear at night and help if needed

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Yay it's starting! Super pumped right now!
You're doing so well GM, super proud of you. -sheds a proud tear of joy-
Okay enough of the dramatics. I'll make a post now! I finished making a character for that Necromantic spot. I hope he is acceptable.

Also @hrh
I know how confusing this site can be at first. It used to be much simpler but, it's grown into a more pro RPing site. But that doesn't mean it won't be easy for you once you're taught all the tricks! :D

Step 1: When you type in the obvious place to make a post right at the bottom, it'll tell you how many words you have type so far. Some things to consider to make your post longer or more interesting/helpful to others is describing your character's emotions, actions, facial expressions even gestures. Explaining what clothing they might be wearing or if they are thinking of anything you can note that too. You don't need to have all of this but it is helpful for making things longer and taking in every detail the other RPer might post about their own character. If someone describes something all character's can see, it is pretty nice to mention that your character noticed it (or didn't notice it) in your post.

Step 2: You'll notice there's a drop down bar next to the word "Where?" Here is where you select where your character is for you to post. Sometimes there aren't any places, but in this case our lovely GM has made many places. If your character would be at the cafe right now, then select that as the place so people know they can't interact with your character unless they select that place too.

Step 3: You probably already notice the Tag a character bar. You must type in the name, then select that character, for any character your character is interacting with. The GM's first post usually tags everyone to start the RP as an initiation but after that everyone for now will probably only have their own character tagged and that's it. Yes what ever character you mention in your post, tag them.

And that's all you really need to know! You can do other things like make your post look pretty and stuff but it's not necessary. Simply making your speech bold is good enough. Then submit! If you need any help let me know hrh, I've been on this site for a looooooong time. Haha.

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Streamwatcher Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:57 pm

Applesauce you are more like an apple pie because pies are fuckin CUTE and you are very helpful and great like one too. thank you for properly explaining how the roleplaying works (I suck at explaining things im so sorry)

and yes the 17 paragraph starter is done thank god. it is to introduce characters and i will remind you that it is of the time being now NIGHTTIME in the roleplay. Night and day cycles will go by: Night at 5pm west coast/8pm east coast and Day at 6am west coast/9am east coast. I dont know if anyone in the roleplay is in central america or out of the USA but if they need me to i shall also post central time and out of the US time if really neccesary

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Oh my you make my kokoro go doki doki~ c//: Haha you're sweet, thank you. And it's no problemo!

Yes very nice post GM! Thanks for clarifying the time; I live in Australia so it'll be difficult for me to keep up with the times. If it's not a bother, perhaps we could mention at the top of our posts whether it's morning, afternoon or night? Or should I just assume whenever it's day here it's night in America/RP? XD Right now it's 1pm haha.

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Streamwatcher Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:43 pm

Okay just finished reading the long post.
Just to clarify that I took in all that info properly.
The new ruler Haku went for a walk around town to greet everyone being the new ruler and all, briefly? And now is back home asleep?
Suzuki is currently patrolling, getting further Intel and stuff around town.
Hemoro is on graveyard duty patrolling also, and the current time right now is right time yes?
I hope I got that right. It was a lot to take in and remember but I enjoyed reading it immensely! I just want to make sure I got all that right before I post. c:

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Haku is most likely asleep at this point, Hemoro is working out on patrol, and Suzuki kinda does what he wants and appears when he wants. hes the kind of person who is pretty much a shadow(since no one likes him), so.....

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:43 am

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying!
I think Suzuki wouldn't have too much trouble with Yuu. Yuu doesn't pay attention to politics so he'd have no idea who he is. Then again, Yuu hates everyone, or so he says anyway. So. That would be interesting. At some point I hope to have Yuu attempt to rob Suzuki. Actually I hope he tried to rob everyone at some point haha.

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:06 pm

thats a pretty great goal, just gotta be careful tryin to rob Haku XD you should definitely try to do that man

(back of my mind i see
Spoiler: show
erisolnessinprogressinthatides
idk why but thats just me seeing it from my trash point of view X'D team glasses though am i right)

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:36 pm

So I actually feel kinda bad now because Mistress Haku has a super shitty background now and it makes me kinda sad cause ow feelings no.

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:56 am

Oh yes, you are so right. c;
Spoiler: show

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been going to bed between 6-7pm.
Work has been so tiring I've just been passing out as soon as I get home. <:D

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:36 pm

aww poor thing, dont worry ive been sewing in my spare time recently a now coat for a pirate spider bitch cosplay so ive been pretty drained myself as well. ive been going to bed late and waking up late so...

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks for understanding <3
Oh how wonderful!! Good luck with your cosplay! I have a Kurloz cosplay laying around somewhere.
Also sorry my posts may be a little late with the long Easter weekend on I have so much going on at the moment.

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Ah i can relate so hard to that man dont even worry. im over at a friends plus the cosplay so im just like
ehhhh
fuck

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hrh gwen on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:29 pm

so... does anybody have any plans, especially for the people at the cafe, cuz I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point. I mean I can try to think of something, but we need to get these people talking to eachother

hrh gwen
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:44 pm

i can do more but the other people at the cafe are kinda just
there
yknow

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:51 pm

theyre in a sort of limbo

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hrh gwen on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:50 pm

okay I accidentally tagged too many peeps in my last post so just ignore that?

hrh gwen
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgivingSufferer on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:59 pm

okay thats fine haha XD

forgivingSufferer
Member for 8 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!