Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Tribal Wars(Still accepting)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Tribal Wars(Still open to new players)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Race: Drakenfolk (Draken for short)

Body type: Warm-blooded, reptilian, humanoid. They possess wings and are capably of flight and are covered in fairly hard scale.

Size: Average adult height of seven foot, females slightly larger

Home: The mountain basin to the east of the trolls

Reproduction: Sexual, egg laying, each female is born with three eggs. One-year gestation, one-year incubation. Seven year period between egg laying.

Egg: The year after the egg is laid. The egg is fully aware of its surroundings, but is unable to respond or react. The egg’s earliest form of education occurs at this time with their family relating the oral history of their people to them. This is the most vulnerable stage of a Drakenfolk’s life.

Youth: hatching to 30

Adult: 30 to 100, this is breeding age as well.

Elder: 100 to ??, this is when a Draken devotes its self to it to it’s profession.

Ancient: Age unknown, the oldest of the Draken. Cannot remember their birth clearly.

Culture: The Draken are a race of warriors. They are driven by duty and honor. They are organized into clans. They consider the good of the clan to be the greatest priority, and will do anything for their clans. They live high in the mountains in large cities carved into the mountainsides. While they hunt in the mountains, they also venture into the surrounding forests, jungles, and plains for food as well. While a very warlike race craftsmen are a very honored and valued members of the community. There tends to be a fair amount of conflict between the clans.

Alliances: None at this time.

Strengths: Strong, their scales act as a natural armor. Flight. Easily defendable fortresses and cities that are hard to access.

Weaknesses: Isolated, Slow reproduction rate.

Champion:

Here's what I got, I'll change anything if needed.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Tribal Wars(Still open to new players)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:49 pm

Nope, looks nice to me, though can you be more specific on the map. I'd prefer not to squish you two so close together, though on the same range is fine. It's nice to have some flyer's to shake things up a bit. And you reminded me was going to have an Ancients category to.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Tribal Wars(Going once,)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:56 pm

The south-west or north-west corners would work for me, but I'm willing to be anywhere in those mountains. Maybe I'm what have made the Drath afraid of the mountains. :D

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:14 pm

You're starting half way between the Northern tip of the volcano range and the top of the mountain range, when we start you can spread out at will so if this is in the right general area then we're good. Help keep them in line.

P.S. To everyone involved. How big you think we should make this whole island? As in the maps a square, how wide do you think it should be in miles? 500, 100, 1000, stuff like that.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 pm

The Torian Confederation and Drath Legion vote 1,000 square miles.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lextori on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 pm

I think Master was thinking more like the mountian basin that the Drath are in. Like the northern corner of that box thing. In fact I'm pretty sure of it given that we live together and planned where we wanted to be in relation to one another :P I'm not sure I want a bunch of flying dragon men in MY mountian range anyhow ;)

Also what's the magic level of this place gonna be like?
Last edited by Lextori on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---OOC---
-Lextori
"Rules are empty in themselves, violent and unfinalized; they are
impersonal and can be bent to any purpose." -Michel Foucault

Lextori
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:30 pm

Like the technology it will advance with time. At the start it will be simple, minor personal augmentations and moving small things with your mind. By the time we got tanks you'll be able to summon lighting bolts (with the appropriate weather conditions and the right Champion or ritual) and turn yourself into hulking monsters.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:52 am

Ok, now it's going twice, anyone want to join before I clicky the big green button?

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Re: Tribal Wars(Going twice, any last joiners?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lextori on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:40 am

Master and I had a chat last night, and we'd like to avoid being in the same mountians, he'd like to move to the southeastern basin(he'll be back this evening to confirm on his post.)

While we're waiting for the biggreen clicky, is anyone up to chatting about some pre-game alliances/trade arrangements?

Lextori
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:52 pm

Yes, some cooperation in the storyline or in things like that could make the story more interesting, though at the very beginning our race just popped up and we don't know about anyone else, unless it's in our lore or myths, in which case it shouldn't be very specific.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm planning on making the Drath warm to the Trolls, however, big flying things scare the bejesus out of 'em. So they no likey Drakenfolk. They have had tribesmen captured and eaten by the creatures.

The Torians seem to be pretty isolated...Today the pond, tommorow the planet! Mwaha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Last edited by Ottoman on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:12 pm

And I seem to be infectious...

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Hehe... Humming Birds...

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Yeah, whoever's got the Draken, you got the ultimate body, and I've got living regenerative armor. Lets be freinds! And actually my champion's depending on you or the trolls.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:23 pm

The Draken would be more the willing to be friends with the Zacree, especially since they don't make the best of food :) I'm still confused at where I'm starting. As lextori said, I think that little basin on the southeastern edge would work, but we would prefer to not start off in the same mountain range.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Check the political map, it should be updated on my main post.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:16 pm

I'm not seeing the position of trolls or draken, just the other four races.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:28 pm

You just have to refresh the page. I had the same problem here.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:54 pm

Yeah, I delete the old file, and upload the updated version under the same name so I don't have to replace links. And if anyone has trouble reading things just tell me. Photobucket won't let me upload it any bigger. The original file was 16MB so if you want I can make the print bigger.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Re: Tribal Wars(Still accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:04 am

Ok, IC is up, and you can start. If you want to name where you're starting just tell me and I'm making a map with names and stuff on it.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!