Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

o.<;; Urm.. Hello everyone!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

o.<;; Urm.. Hello everyone!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThisBeautifulTragedy on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Nyah.. Well, from what I've noticed through browsing of this site this looks like the place for introductions! So I'll keep this short, simple, and sweet! My name is Justina, and I'm very excited to have stumbled upon this website! I've been looking for a website that was up to date and had a decent community that tried to post everyday! I've been roleplaying for quite awhile, but recently just got back to it. I'm hoping to find a few new friend to roleplay with and I'm always open to new and creative ideas! At first it may take me awhile to post, because believe it or not I'm quite shy but as soon as I start feeling comfortable I'll be posting a bunch I'm sure. Never-the-less, I don't doubt that you'll make me feel very at home here, and I thank you all in advance for your great work. I hope to find others to roleplay with very soon! Thanks again!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ThisBeautifulTragedy
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: o.<;; Urm.. Hello everyone!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey there, ThisBeautifulTragedy! Nice to see a new face around here... well... new blank avatar, in this case. But still, nice to meet you. Judging by your first post, you'll fit right in! Still, I've given you some links below for your reading. Anyway, don't worry, we've got a mix of fast and slow posters, so you'll fall somewhere between those lines. Anyway, I'm hoping to see you around some! If you ever need help, call me up or talk to another staff member. :)
Help
Guide to Roleplay: Read this, please. It's just some nice basics of roleplaying.
Chat Roleplaying Tutorial: We've got a pretty interesting take on roleplaying in chat. This is a simple guide to it.
Role Play Academy: Just some nice tips for brushing up on your skills.
Are you looking for a roleplay? You can always one of mine! Mortalitas and Arcane Armageddon are both open for all!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:24 pm

... How'd you get your text so small!?

Besides that, Welcome. I am slightly new as well. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have.
- Xero the prodigy.
Bรกs Saoire

NumberXero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Howdy-hey, ThisBeautifulTragedy! :D Looks like you've already met one of our awesome users, and another of my fellow designers.

Anyways, I'm Sato (ViceVersus) and I'm pleased as punch to have you dropping by RolePlayGateway! It's awesome that you found the Welcome Desk here, because trufax? I didn't stumble across it until almost a year after I first joined up.

It's great to see you returning to roleplaying, as well. I think you'll find it's like riding a bike -- once you learn, you can't really quite forget. And as for feeling comfortable, you can't have picked a better community! There's a whole lot of us here at RPGateway, but we're all pretty friendly, for the most part. I think you'll find yourself welcomed with open arms if you go poking around for some roleplays.

So yeah! I'm a long-running member here, so if you have any questions about anything at all, please don't hesitate to let me know! I'm usually around.

Hope to talk to you later!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:36 pm

"Pleased as punch"... Really Sato? Wtf is that even supposed to mean...

NumberXero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Punch is generally the most amiable of regularly consumed liquids. Leave me alone.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 pm

O_o I've never consumed a liquid under the alias of 'punch'...

NumberXero
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daimayo on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Well, I see you've already met a couple members of our design team (Not to mention Xero, who apparently managed to grow up without punch. Nobody said that everyone here is normal!), So I'd like to say hello from the GM's as well! Draconic's already hit you with most of the links, but if you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask anyone who's around! We're a very friendly group, and we're all very happy to see you in our little corner of the internet!

I can't wait to see your stuff! ^^

- Dai

Daimayo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThisBeautifulTragedy on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks for all the help and support everyone! I can't wait to get started!

ThisBeautifulTragedy
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:33 am

No problem. BTW Is your Username a reference to the song 'Beautiful Tragedy' by In This Moment? Cause, uh... I saw them live.

NumberXero
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Hello (:

Welcome to RPG.

And Merry Christmas C:

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cretetts on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:39 pm

^ well this is pretty much what I was going to say... But I'll match that and add, hope you enjoy your time with us and HAPPY NEW YEAR

cretetts
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!