Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight

Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight

a part of “Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight”, a fictional universe by Shi-chan.

On the side of a mountain lies the Van Helsing Academy, a school created to keep mankind safe from the night, and all the creatures who call darkness their home.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Van Helsing Academy: Warriors of Daylight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 am

THAT'S SO UNREALISTIC.

Cat allergy is exactly like peanut allergy. It can kill you. If you eat cats. Which is strange if you live 'round these parts.

No, I'll tone it down. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 am

What's unrealistic about it? IT ISN'T A FATAL ALLERGY! Gosh! It doesn't just insta-murder your face because you're allergic to something >.>
If you kill Callen, I'm going to kill you, and then Quinn. My penguin army shall rise from the crumbles of the great Cookie war of Elderon IV, and rue the day you ever did displease me you will!
-psalm 3:5; Book of Nevermore

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 am

I was kidding. Gosh! X3

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Don't be "Kidding" in an RP post, Shi; that's downright confusing!

Also: I just signed into RPG, and this was the first thing I saw. Forget~Me~Not can't give up. I really want to go fuck with it. I'm not going to, sure, but it's tempting...

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Plagiarism on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Nevermore! As much as I've agreed SO far, STOP SPEAKING FOR ME! I HAVE A KEYBOARD! XD
I don't steal good ideas; I replicate them.

Plagiarism
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 am

It's fair that she's made a Van Helsing rp I think, after all, the original concept belongs to her still. I asked for her permission to use the name. And it looks much more organised than the first ones, so she's improved. Please don't go and mess with it, it would only cause problems. ^^

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Your post, Shi?

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 pm

*You're

That's all I've got to say, Templar. Though I guess it's lost on you, since OOC is never checked.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 am

Hey guys!

I just wanted to give you a heads up, my boyfriend's family is coming to visit for a few days, so I can't guarantee that I'll be able to post every day as usual. But they're going to visit his other relatives for pre-xmas, so up to the big day, I'll have lots of time. So, just to sum it up, I'm not sure how much I can be around the next two or three days, but after that I'll have more time than you can shake a stick at.

:3

I hope you all are having a splendid time!

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, lass. Enjoy your time with your boyfriend and have fun. :)

(But if you're gone for more than a week I'm going to shank Plagiarism out of boredom. This is the only forum-RP I've got running on RPG...)

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 pm

I FINALLY got to make a post this RP deserves.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 pm

So, weapons!

I didn't want to have this in my post in case one of you three compatriots might have contradictions/something useful to say.
Shi, I want you to actually read this one-it is seriously important to upcoming events. :)

So assault rifles are out of the question, almost entirely, aren't they? They're big, they're loud, their ammo takes up space...
That leaves us with SMGs and pistols, no? None of our characters are old enough for a cross/bow and say it's for "Hunting." Seriously!; take a Remington 700 down the street full of silver bullets. When you tell the cop you're hunting werewolves, you'll be in the crazy slammer before you know it. We need guns we can hide in reasonably-sized backpacks, but won't leave us dead...

NUMERO UNO! (Or numbero une, for my French-speaking fellows)

Vektor .45 by Kriss industries. The Vektor is a SMG that shoots .45 caliber Image You can see the size difference. It might not look very big, but it is a HUGE advantage to bring .45 into a fight. The Vektor holds upwards 40 rounds/clip. It uses really, really long versions of magazines for the Glock 17, a .45 pistol. Double-stacked, the handle is still small and has 60-80 rounds/clip. It is full auto, burst, or semi-auto. A suppressor nets onto the gun very easily. Its recoil is next to nothing, meaning Theo and Callen could use them with almost no problem. With the 45, stopping power isn't an issue. Image The stock folds, so it could fit into a backpack with several magazines. There's a reason it is called the "SUPER V" !

I've held a model one, and can speak from experience-it's pretty light on the hands when you grip the handle/forward handle (foregrip or barrel), although the weight being in the middle makes it a little awkward to handle. The iron sights (using it without a scope/optics) are wide, which means it can shoot at targets at range.

As for pistols? Still going for stealth, there's a few options...
First, there is the M9 SD. Viktor already dislikes the M9 because it jammed while fighting that zombie and he's a bit more superstitious than he might admit. There's also the glock17 so you could share ammo with the vektor, but glock pistols are almost all plastic (security isn't an issue) so you can't modify them/they break/they jam.
I've already mentioned the FN Five-SeVen several times. It's an amazing pistol. Put a silencer on, you're golden.
But if you want firepower? Put a silencer on a M1911. It fires .45 Only problem is, a silencer on a gun that wasn't invented for one looks fucking ugly and awkward. Bulky suppressors will block the iron sights.
[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3583/3325313572_35f54f01ab.jpg[/url] I'm thinking the USP 45 for this. It's got the same aforementioned 45 stopping power + it was designed for a silencer attachment. Add an IR-strobe (basically a mini rave-light instead of a flashlight) to the gun and you've got a vampire with a headache and a bullet in its head.

IF we can drop with sniper rifles, that's a whole new debate entirely... XD

So Templar, Plag... I don't know how good you guys are with guns, but I'm open to suggestions.

And Shi: What did we decide on as far as who controls the Sorcerer? If it's me, I'm planning to delegate control of subordinates/his little birdie friends to Plag.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:10 am

So far I hadn't decided who should control the sorcerer, I actually hadn't thought about it, so it's good you asked. I had a basic plan for the guy, so if you'd like to control him, I'd be more than happy to assign him to you and shoot you a pm about what his role in the story is.

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:47 pm

I was watching Princess Bride earlier (one of the greatest movies EVER) and a thought occurred to me. I really want to play the sorcerer because I have a lot of fake plot twists, jokes, and references in mind. :)

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm

I never really liked that film to be honest. I never understood why so many people thought it's good. I've been told I just don't "get" it.

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm sure you probably don't "Get" it. There's a reason it's a cult-classic, like the Goonies; it doesn't appeal to everyone, but people with the right sense of humor really like it. There's either "It isn't funny" or "It's fucking hilarious," no in-between. A lot of RPG games I've played have hidden references to it, which is why it's never far from thought.

Did you like Monte Python's "The Holy Grail" ? I haven't met any women that find it funny, and I honestly think 98% of Monte Python's other skits are stupid as fuck-but I'm also an American and unconcerned with British every-day crap.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 am

This is where it gets weird.

I fuckin' adore Monty Python. Everything they've done. My personal favourite is The Life of Brian, which has the best explanation for why religion is such a bad, bad idea. I think I remember something about you having played Fallout, right? In New Vegas, there's a reference to that film in that Caesar's Legion camp where you have to go to get boated up to their main hub.

I guess it's the same "love it or hate it" feel with both things.

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:03 am

HOnestly, I wasn't a big fan of Life of Brian because it started really slow. It was funny, but I was young when I first watched it and that ruined it forever. :)

In F NV there's a reference to Holy Grail. Under the church in the irradiated whatever place, Camp Ghostlight or something, there's a box that says "1...2...5 I mean three!" And it has 3 Holy Hand Grenades inside.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:57 am

I remember that! XD

I have a friend who can't watch The Nightmare Before Christmas because he was ill the first time he saw it as a kid. Every time he's seen it since, he feels sick. Then again, he very much dislikes song films, so no harm done.

I was very young when I saw The Life Of Brian the first time, too, and honestly I didn't understand much of it. My dad kept watching it every two years or so, and since I've always liked watching films (even the bad ones), I always wanted to join. I begun to get it all gradually, probably because my English skills got better with time.

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:29 pm

LoB was fun once I was able to understand it. Seen Holy Grail 3 times... :)

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!