Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

VIDEOGAMEMUSICGO!

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

VIDEOGAMEMUSICGO!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarskius on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Alright, kiddies....We're gonna have a nice friendly, nerdy, competitive, death-defying conversation on the intricacies of video game compositions. Or...If you'd prefer a more straightforward expression...Which game has the most kickass score of epic midi goodness. Hell you could even go with the new age stuff. Either way, I'm sure we'll all have fun here in this undoubtably soon to be petty and argument ridden little thread.

Alright....Here's my pics in the way of best video game music...
#1. Zelda: Link to the Past
#2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
#3. Chrono Cross

And, honestly, I'm gonna have to listen to some more video game music again; I'm a bit rusty on remembering all of it. I'll probably come back later with more changes. In the meantime get to discussing to jog this ol' memory of mine.
Last edited by Tarskius on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure?! No-way! I-taught-him-to-shake-hands!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tarskius
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: VIDEOGAMEMUSICGO!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Tarskius, I regret to inform you of this, but your choices FAIL.

Let's talk epic soundtracks, not 'decent' ones thrown together by some sound team over a couple of weeks, likely while they were wasted and/or circle-jerking. Yeah, I went there.

Anyways, I'm going top five, because that's how I roll.
5. Metal Gear Solid
4. Chrono Trigger
3. Guilty Gear X
2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
1. Final Fantasy Tactics

If necessary, I will give lengthy explanations as to why, but I'm trying to avoid that for now. Point is, if you haven't listened to any of the above OSTs, do so now, because they're likely better than any other video game soundtracks you've ever heard before. And the number one pick is so horribly underrated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:42 pm

Tsk Tsk Tsk....Phail

1. Halo Theme
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:38 pm

The entire Halo series is a drippingly awesome pile of epic musical goodness.

Also, while not the best, I believe Diablo (not the sequal), should be noted for its pure wierdness. Nowhere else have I heard screams, shrieks, and agonized moans used so effectively as musical instruments.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarskius on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:09 pm

Haha...Well, it's epic alright, but we're looking for the BEST and Zelda beats out Halo, sorry to say. And is Halo your number one Village Alchemist or just up there?
Last edited by Tarskius on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarskius
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:00 pm

You know what? I can't pick a top three, but in no particular order, I can pick out a top..

Katamary Damacy
Jet Set Radio Future
Chrono Cross (YES YASUNORI MITSUDA)
Mario Bros. (1, 2, and 3.)
Ocarina of Time
Halo - but just barely.

Smash Brothers brawl with the full orchestra and choir is going to be up there when it comes out, definitely.

And did we forget the Megaman opening themes? This is harder than it looks.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soulless on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:29 pm

Ahem, besides the obvious FFs and Zeldas...
MEGAMAN. (^^ You rock my socks)

Some YouTube vids:
The Wily Stages - http://youtube.com/watch?v=OHczaI8t7-4
Awakening Will - http://youtube.com/watch?v=t7bZp6tMUsQ (Skip to 3:20 for this one)

Bah, no one posted the remastered Awakening Will. But it's really, really good.

Soulless
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Anything from the Final Fantasy series rules.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:53 pm

Heh this might end up as a bloodbath

1-Super Smash Bros Brawl
2-Golden Sun (both)
3-Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors series

In tied 4th every piece of music done by Nobuo Uematsu and The Black Mages

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Tarskius wrote:Haha...Well, it's epic alright, but we're looking for the BEST and Zelda beats out Zelda, sorry to say. And is Halo your number one Village Alchemist or just up there?

Zelda beats out Zelda? What?

And no, it's not up there as my favorite. Just as a really, really good one.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarskius on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Oops. Yeah, that was a typo on my part. I'll go back and fix it right now. But...What is your favorite then? Or are you one of the people who can't quite decide? It gets hard when you're looking for the ABSOLUTE best of all the games you've played.

Tarskius
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:08 pm

Tarskius wrote:Oops. Yeah, that was a typo on my part. I'll go back and fix it right now. But...What is your favorite then? Or are you one of the people who can't quite decide? It gets hard when you're looking for the ABSOLUTE best of all the games you've played.

The best every is almost absolutely a game I haven't played.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!