Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Corrupted Soil

Does this stuff make sense to you?

a part of “Corrupted Soil”, a fictional universe by Epik_B0mber.

A different universe than you're used to. Alien races roam space, wars rage on planets, and Earth is quite in a predicament from time to time...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Corrupted Soil”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Does this stuff make sense to you?

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Epik_B0mber on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:12 am

Does it?
Does it?
I hope so, I'm trying my best.
Please tell me if you are understanding what the basic storyline is here.
Also, if you're here early, I wouldn't blame you, since I'm still writing and all...
Epik Berm

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Epik_B0mber
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Promethean World Builder Group Theory Author Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Person of Interest Conversationalist Builder Lifegiver

Re: Does this stuff make sense to you?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DAOMR on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 am

It makes sense for the most part. The most trouble I have is with understanding how to participate in it - I guess that's something I talk about with you, the author.
Listing my assumptions might help. Hopefully I'm correct in saying it's a humorous, modern-day sci-fi kind of deal. The general impression I get is like a webcomic transformed into writing, and in a way it reminds me of what I used to do though I like your execution of it better. Maybe I only know this because I've been passively engaged with it for the past two days, though. You should settle for a variety of feedback and not just me.

P.S Sorry if this is cringe but your character Xaviar reminds me of a comic I drew in my naiive adolescence. I think it's a really good graphical style (see attached).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DAOMR
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean World Builder Author Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Epik_B0mber on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:38 am

DAOMR wrote:P.S Sorry if this is cringe but your character Xaviar reminds me of a comic I drew in my naiive adolescence. I think it's a really good graphical style (see attached).

Grade A comic. Reminds me of him too.
Yeah well, I'm quite new to the website, I legit woke up yesterday and thought 'I'm bored, lets do this' and I made what I have now. I'm not well acquainted with the rules of the website and all. But as far as I'm concerned, right now, basically all you have to do is.. well. Create a character
I don't care if you're a flying unicorn, if you want to join, you can! I did write out a small draft for what I'm looking for in the rules section, but that's basically all for now. Thanks for reaching out, please aid me if there's a certain way I have to make it in order for people to join.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Epik_B0mber
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Promethean World Builder Group Theory Author Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Person of Interest Conversationalist Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DAOMR on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm new here as well so I haven't got a clue how this would work. It's possible that the best thing to do seen as this is your first RP on this site and you don't know what really compels people here is to deploy every marketing strategy humanly possible:

1. On the menu: hover over Forum>click Out of Character>make a thread on the Roleplayers Wanted forum
  2. Tag the hell out of your RP
  3. Look for some popular RPs and look at their method of formatting the Introduction; then try to emulate it using BBCode in your work
  4. Talk to people in the main Chat channel about it (next to Forum, you probably know this)

My guess is that a significant percentage of planning for RP occurs on off-site Media to be brought here, rendering it successful amongst a small group of friends. I've sifted through a lot of RPs that are 1x1 but it doesn't seem to have been discussed beforehand in the forums. Maybe there was a discussion through chat, but it's more likely it was off-site, think Discord maybe

DAOMR
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean World Builder Author Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Epik_B0mber on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:25 pm

DAOMR wrote:deploy every marketing strategy humanly possible:

1. On the menu: hover over Forum>click Out of Character>make a thread on the Roleplayers Wanted forum
  2. Tag the hell out of your RP
  3. Look for some popular RPs and look at their method of formatting the Introduction; then try to emulate it using BBCode in your work
  4. Talk to people in the main Chat channel about it (next to Forum, you probably know this)

*Quickly clicks off of your roleplay* OH uh-
Yeah well, I- for some reason, like to keep mine private, and await for those daring enough to come find their way here and invite their friends. I think I'll try out the first marketing scheme, and maybe the others later.
(Totally wasn't using the third one.. at ALL)

Epik_B0mber
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!