Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Assassin's Pledge: Revolution

AP: Revolution - General Discussion Thread

a part of “Assassin's Pledge: Revolution”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

The Revolution in Veilbrand reaches new heights as the Red-Eyed Demon chooses a side and takes to the field. But can even this legendary Assassin turn the tide enough to change the course of history?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Assassin's Pledge: Revolution”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

AP: Revolution - General Discussion Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:33 am

While I won't be accepting requests to join, I will be more than happy to engage and chat with anyone who is curious about this story or just wants someone to shoot the breeze with.

Please be mindful that I am role-playing on other sites as well with friends, so I won't be here very often. Maybe a few times a week. But when I do stop by, I'll be happy to reply to any messages you leave me!

Happy role-playing everyone!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: AP: Revolution - General Discussion Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:21 pm

For those wondering, here's a bit of info about this story:

It started about ten years ago, now, in 2009 as only a casual biography for the main character of the Red-Eyed Demon. Within a few months I'd thought of enough to make a 72 chapter story out of it, and did so by March 2010. Since then I've been refining it and role-playing it to test out all the major weaknesses and strengths it has, and I think I've finally settled on where and how it works best!

I hope you enjoy reading this story!

Thanks!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CabbageAngel on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Dude, what the fuck.

I know, I know, you're just back and these are my first words to you, but I believe it's warranted!! Look, it's fine for you to do this. You seem to be enjoying it and have improved, but please, please don't use my name in this, especially in such a way. I don't know if this seducer-type character was just a one off or will be used more, but even if it's the former, I'd really appreciate it if you changed her name.

This is just petty, Kumori. Come on, just for once be bigger than that.

CabbageAngel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver Inspiration Arc Warden Storyteller

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:23 pm

CabbageAngel wrote:Dude, what the fuck.

I know, I know, you're just back and these are my first words to you, but I believe it's warranted!! Look, it's fine for you to do this. You seem to be enjoying it and have improved, but please, please don't use my name in this, especially in such a way. I don't know if this seducer-type character was just a one off or will be used more, but even if it's the former, I'd really appreciate it if you changed her name.

This is just petty, Kumori. Come on, just for once be bigger than that.

Contrary to what you may think, the name Cassandra just popped into my head, so I used it. I wasn't thinking of you or intending it to be offensive, nor to mean anything other than what was posted. The character was indeed a one-off NPC, never to appear again.

But if it bothers you that much that your name appeared, I'll change it.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 pm

For curiosity's sake, how exactly did you wiped the previous revolution RP? roleplay/assassins-pledge-devastation?start=550#activity

I closed RPs before, but they would just shut down, with the records of the story kept within the characters' profiles. In this case, however, I would presume you manually deleted each entry or something?

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:01 pm

CrossKnight35 wrote:For curiosity's sake, how exactly did you wiped the previous revolution RP? roleplay/assassins-pledge-devastation?start=550#activity

I closed RPs before, but they would just shut down, with the records of the story kept within the characters' profiles. In this case, however, I would presume you manually deleted each entry or something?

Yes.

The RP was flagged for closure the day I parted ways with all of you. But to this day it remains open for reasons I cannot fathom. Had it closed successfully, I would have left it at that. But as it didn't, I chose to erase the RP in my own way so that I could move on with a clear conscience and not suffer with the memories the RP brought me.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:08 pm

And you realise that the RP was bigger than you, that it also encompassed more than a year's worth of our collective hard work - CabbageAngel, ButterflyEffect, GamerTemplar, and myself? That you could've just moved on, left it well enough alone, and choose to just not visit the page? That some of us had fond memories of it all, despite the myriads of rocky bumps on the road?

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:36 pm

What's done is done Cross, and I won't be guilted by you about this.

You have your memories to look back fondly on. Let that be enough and leave me alone. I didn't come back to Gateway to be harassed about the past.

Thank you.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:43 pm

You didn't answer my question. Did you realise that or not? That's all I want to know.

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Of course I realize that, Cross.

I may have made a lot of mistakes and bad decisions during my time with all of you, but I'm not stupid.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CabbageAngel on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:12 am

Oh boy oh boy. OK sir. Look.

You deleted so much work and writing that we were proud of. Around 500 posts! You SHOULD feel guilty! When we contacted Rem about it, he called it vandalism! You can't ignore that it was a mean thing to do.

And then you come back to RPG, where you know we are, to post a roleplay just... For yourself, by yourself on a collaborative roleplay site, and one of the first things I see is my name being used for a character trying to seduce your Demon...? I'm trying not to interpret your actions as petty or mean-spirited, just ignorant of our feelings, but...

I know we didn't leave on the best of terms, and I know you believe that to be my fault, but the way you left WAS wrong an insensitive to us. You can have your own opinion on that, but that is just how we feel.

I think we are at least owed an apology for the erasure of our work, not a "what's done is done."

CabbageAngel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver Inspiration Arc Warden Storyteller

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:56 am

Ahh... That felt good.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:11 am

You could have just left the RP up as it was, but instead you consciously chose to wipe about a year's worth of writing from yourself and at least four other people. This being after several months of radio silence after you took off saying nothing but sending everyone a canned apology that never even touched upon the fact that you were ending the RP, and by extension the stories of quite a few characters we were fond of. Bonus points for said leaving being timed when everyone was offline and had zero chance to respond. Hell, I was the only one who was on at the time.

And now you come back to this particular site, with a roleplay set up for you and only you, attempting to replicate what we had done as a group? If you're that set on not having things around to remind you of the past, why do this? I'd like a proper explanation for this, not another evasive non-answer.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 pm

So, taking time to level out and relax, I need to say something:

To all who were a part of AP: Devastation, I'm sorry for erasing the contents.

I was mentally and emotionally in a bad place, and my rationalization skills took a nose dive as a result.To my thinking back then, erasing it was the best remedy to ridding myself of my own pain. I didn't think of you. I thought of myself. Even if my therapist said "it's okay to be selfish when you need to take time to heal," I took that too far. I made mistakes, and I made very, very bad choices. I hurt you all in more ways than one even before the RP closed. And although I know you'll never forgive me, I'm truly, truly sorry.

If it was as easy as hitting "Undo" or finding the data (as data is never truly destroyed fully) and finding a way to put it all back up one post at a time, I would do so in a heart beat. But I can't. And again, I'm so sorry. You heard it from me a lot as things neared the end, and I know it probably exasperates you to hear it again. But I'm only human, and this is sadly all I can do.

I'm sorry.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 pm

That's all I wanted to hear. Thank you.

And good luck on this new story.

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!