Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Akita's Seasons Return

Questions and Answers

a part of “Akita's Seasons Return”, a fictional universe by Kura Ravengade.

Four odd teenagers arrive in town, stirring summer vacation up for for normal teenagers. Will the Star Guardians be able to control the teenagers - the Seasons?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Akita's Seasons Return”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Questions and Answers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:08 am

Please post any and all questions in this forum. Refer to the Little Facts forum for possible answers before posting. Thank you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Re: Questions and Answers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ililumi. on Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:21 am

alright, just a few! these are more just curiosity and clearing up some small things i couldnā€™t find while searching through the threads and main page; if any of these are answered in those spaces, i may have missed them; iā€™m sorry if that happens to be the case! anyway,

- is this rp plot driven? is there a written, planned out plot? or is it more sandbox/semi-sandbox with several plot points?

- in terms of the profile skeleton, are we allowed to edit the aesthetics/formats of that at all, as long as we keep all of the prompts and the like (name, age, etc)? or do we have to stick entirely to the layout provided?

- the npc characters thread, what sort of characters are supposed to go there? family members of the player characters? notable friends?

- are there any specific pieces of information that should be included in a seasonā€™s history, etc? it seems like, in my skimming through velonix and kazumiā€™s profile, that there are parts of a premade backstory for the siblings, and i want to make sure i donā€™t clash with anything already laid out when i work on winter.

thanks for your time!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ililumi.
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:47 am

@sunnelore

1. The plot does have some major plans that do drive the story, but they are most definitely not plot driven if that makes sense. Just more or less something to give yā€™all to work with, like how the seasons go to earth because of Autumn and the Stars follow them, and there will be plans for entry of villains eventually but nothing concrete so definitely a do as you will type of thing with a few plot points thrown in there to keep the story going.

2. You can do whatever you want with the character sheets so long as you keep the information provided. You have full creative control.

3. You hit the nail on the head there. Just any notable, repeatable NPCs that will be playing a key role in your characters lives. Parents, siblings, bosses, teachers, friends - as many as you want, if theyā€™re going to make repeat appearances.

4. The only premade history for any of the seasons is the fact that Velonix was the only one allowed to go to Earth as a child with their parents due to her ability with international languages. This is what led to them completely banning their children altogether from going to earth, as you can see from what happened in her past. I am going to be editing her CS to update it as itā€™s a bit out of date since I pulled her CS from past run of this RP and I wanna tweak it but the events will remain relatively the same. The only notable thing worth mentioning is that their mother and father both have a room that the children were not allowed into growing up that they used as an almost looking glass to see the happenings on Earth. Itā€™s almost like the floor opens up into a big circular pool but itā€™s like a galaxy pool and when activated they can view any part of Earth that they wish to at any given time in the timeline, past, present or future. They cannot, however, influence the humans future as it is set in stone and are simply there as more of a guide so that if anything severely catastrophic were to threaten to take place they could step in (such as a nuclear war, an incoming asteroid, etc). They wanted to shield the seasons from the wars and hardships and evils of mankind but really had the opposite effect, instead only further piquing their interests in the taboo subject of the mortals that they were tasked in overseeing yet unable to actually see if that makes sense. There are other beings out there that are in charge of other aspects of Earth, not just the Seasons, Sun, Moon and Stars, and those are something that Iā€™m planning to implement later on into the storyline, so while all of these characters have great abilities and powers, they are definitely not all powerful or omnipotent. There are limits to their abilities, and they can also be mortally wounded given the right type of injury/weapon, but it must be a special kind. They canā€™t die simply from a gunshot wound to the chest or from illness, and they stop physically aging once theyā€™re somewhere in their 20s.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! Sorry that turned into a bit of a ramble but I hope it helps :)

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ililumi. on Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:31 pm

- this makes sense! sometimes i worry a bit about sandbox but if you've got direct story plot points to keep things going in your arsenal then that eases those! i'm looking forward to seeing the villains and other things coming in the future too omg-

- perfect! thanks for allowing that, i really enjoy messing with profiles and prettying them up so that'll be fun!

- sounds good, i'll get those together as needed as i work my characters then!

- this all looks good, ty for explaining and lowkey indulging me in some of these pieces of lore lol- i'll be sure to be careful about those and try and include them in winter's history as seen fit. thank you for this!

ililumi.
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby npc.energy on Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:12 pm

Hey! It's not exactly listed in the town's main locations but would it be okay to say that my Summer boy is some sort of lifeguard at a local pool? No worries if not.
"i'm sorry about your face" - rpg user, phosphene

npc.energy
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean Author Giver World Builder Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:44 pm

LOL, I see no problems with that, NPC.

Oh NPC and Sunnelore, there's a Discord group for this RPG too. Kura, did you link that to the Main page?

Also, in case you 2 weren't aware (NPC and Sunnelore), the Seasons are pretending to be certain ages- my char girl Kazumi is pretending to be 21 and Velonix is pretending to be 18. So something to keep in mind when creating your seasonal boy profiles lol. The idea was for the High School and College to be in the same space, which is one of the reasons why the Seasons go to Akita so they can easily keep tabs on each other.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ililumi. on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:23 pm

i have questions again- (ĖŠĢ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„ Ā³ Ė‹Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„)

as this is taking place in japan, with their names, it is family name, given name order? given that's how it's written normally, i've normally put character's with japanese names for both in that order. (i.e. hanazawa mafuyu, where mafuyu is his first name, and hanazawa is the family name.) or are we having them in our own more local format, of first, last?
to try and simplify, because i always ramble, are we using:
written japanese order = hanazawa mafuyu. (last, first)
localized order = mafuyu hanazawa. (first, last)
does this make sense?

also, will we be using honorifics at all in writing (-san, -kun, -chan), or will we just be using translated/english versions instead? (none, mr., mrs.)

ililumi.
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Well, for your char sheet, do stick with the First name/Last Name.

And when it comes to addressing the chars, I at least have been sticking with the traditional Japanese method of address . . . for the most part. Kazumi will definitely be quick to to start using more informal honorifics with people, at least with her 'peers' and call them by their first name. For those who are her 'superior' she will stick with the more formal honorifics.

But I don't think we're being too strict when it comes how their pronounce their names though. I think in the past we just stuck with the first name/last name format.

What do you think, Kura?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!