Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life--Or Something Like It--After Hogwarts

Life--Or Something Like It--After Hogwarts

a part of “Life--Or Something Like It--After Hogwarts”, a fictional universe by Kenzi.

One year after the defeat of Voldemort, a new threat begins to appear... (AU).

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life--Or Something Like It--After Hogwarts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Life--Or Something Like It--After Hogwarts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Life (or something like it) after Hogwarts"

Hello everyone! Sorry this took me a little longer than expected to get going, but it's up and ready to go now! I know some of you had wanted to play specific characters, so just write up your characters and send them in and then I can accept them. We won't get going until the majority of us are signed up. I'm really really really looking forward to this, guys! I'm going to play an original female character and Harry Potter (unless anyone else would like to play him).

RULES:::
* You can play a maximum of FOUR characters.
* Please try and keep the gender ratio even.
* Keep the sexual content PG 13, please!
* Original characters are welcome as long as you give a decent character description/biography. Try and keep it related to the plot, thanks.
* Canon characters are simply a must, of course! If you are going to play one, please keep them true to their character... Draco shouldn't be picking wildflowers or anything like that.
* This roleplay takes place in AU, meaning that those who died in the final battle are still alive in this universe (Fred, Snape, Tonks, Lupin, etc). So, if you want to play one of those characters, go for it!
* Please strive for a decent length post. One sentence posts aren't necessary and it's really annoying to come back to an RP after a few hours and have to read through 10 pages of one sentence posts. So... please try and at least write a decent sized paragraph, thanks. :)
* Plot twists are WELCOMED. If you have an idea you think would be fun to add to the story, send me a PM and we can discuss. I'm really open minded, so don't be scared!

CANON CHARACTERS:::
Harry Potter
Ron Weasley
Hermione Granger
Draco Malfoy
Luna Lovegood
Fred Weasley
George Weasley
Ginny Weasley
Fleur Delacour
Neville Longbottom
Last edited by Kenzi on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kenzi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Life (or something like it) after Hogwarts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:52 pm

I think this looks quite wonderful. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see where it goes!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Monroe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Interesting. I might submit one or both of my characters...

I just have a couple of questions, though. Is there any particular limit as to how many we can have? I don't plan on bringing in any more than two--three at absolute maximum, including any canon characters I assume.

My second question is...well...I had an idea for a character, but his background describes him as a half-dragon due to an irreversible magical mishap that happened earlier in his youth. The incident has left him with an complete inability to control his magic (while he CAN cast spells the result and effects are erratic and are often completely unpredictable) however all of his PHYSICAL attributes (strength, agility, endurance) are much higher than that of a normal human's...and I still didn't really know if this was truly acceptable.

If he is, and nobody has any real qualms about it, I'll be submitting him along with my other original character--both them having distinct specializations but collectively working as a team all on their own. I can provide more information in the character submission form.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:42 pm

I did write a bunch of rules, but for some reason they didn't post? I'm saying 4 is the maximum amount of characters you can have.

I love your idea for the half-dragon character. I'm totally open to that! I only ask that you work out why he would be asked to join in on the mission. Or perhaps he simply hears about it and decides to sneak along and join in? Your call, I'm sure you can figure something out. In any case, I'm perfectly fine with it :)

Kenzi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Could i be say, Hermione, or an original character that is part of the threat but in the experts helping to uncover it.... you know to try to cover its tracks? i don't know if that will make sense...
a sort of undercover or double agent so to speak :)
{insert witty signature here}

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raijn on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey, I submitted a character now, hope she's okay. If not, just PM me and tell me what I need to change :)
Overconfidence: "There's only seven sharp sides to that thing! We're three! It can't possibly maim more than one of us before we manage to kill it!"

Raijn
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Pandorabox: Please be Hermione! I would love to get some of the main canon characters in there :) Your idea for a original character is a good one! It sounds like it would add some interest.

Raijn: Your character sounds great :) Love the back story on her.

Just as a side note:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Please put in your character's expertise if it is relative. If your character is a spy/werewolf/not one of the individuals who got the letter then don't worry about it but think of a way to get involved ;)

Kenzi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:34 pm

so could Hermione be the spy or should i be her and an original character?

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Can I please play Luna? I will get the sheet up soon I promise!

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Hmmm, I don't think Hermione should be the spy... unless she has been brain washed or something. It;d be better if it was another character. your call though!

Sure, first come first take for characters! Go ahead and make up a character sheet. Doesn't have to be elaborate!

Kenzi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Well, that certainly took longer than expected, but character info on Drake's been submitted.

I can change anything you need me to, if there's something you don't like.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:48 pm

its aright for me to submit two character then, right?

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 pm

I just realized I didn't submit Drake's age. That's since been fixed.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Yes, I wrote out the rules but for some reason it wouldn't let me post rules :( You can have up to FOUR characters. Try and help keep the genders balanced though! :)

Drake, the profile is wonderful. You don't need to change a thing! Just one question, is he the same age as the rest of them (19/20)?

Kenzi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Nevermind! Haha. :P

Kenzi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Awesome. Wasn't sure about that. Alrighty then!

I might make/submit a couple extra people a little later, but Drake's took me a bit to type out. I'm sure I have one of my other character's around here on my hard drive somewhere...

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Metsumi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I submitted a character. She's a half-vampire wizard. I hope you don't mind.

Metsumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Sounds good to me! Yeah, the character sheets take longer than you think to type out. I'm making an original character too and may just do it tomorrow/in a few hours.

Kenzi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey Metsumi. The character profile is good enough for me :) If anyone would like to create a second/third character it would be wonderful if it was a boy as I'm guessing everyone is going to make girls haha. I'll see how it goes with everyone else joining and will likely take on another male character.

Kenzi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:21 pm

alrighty, i submitted my Hermione character and am starting my original character who will be the spy :)

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!