Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fate/Heaven and Earth

Fate/Heaven and Earth

a part of “Fate/Heaven and Earth”, a fictional universe by RomanesqueMarionette.

~CANCELLED~ Please just forget about this, I'm sorry but I can no longer have anything to do with Fate/stay night.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fate/Heaven and Earth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Fate/Heaven and Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:23 am

This is the fresh start OOC discussion thread for the re-opening of this game. Please do not make any further use of the old OOC thread.

If you're new here, please note that the 'Holy Grail' location you may see in the Places section here is a mistake I made, and that Ciel-Etoile should be our main IC thread.

Link back to the actual RPG here: roleplay/fateheaven-and-earth/
Last edited by RomanesqueMarionette on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
You are walking down the street minding your own business when:
"Whoooo. I am a scary man in a mask and I have just made you kill your own Grandfather at some point in the future so you will have never existed... whooo"
"Er, why?"
"Because it's so amazingly paradoxical... whooo"
"Right"
"Ah yes, but how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
- DIY Sheep on Faction Paradox

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Fate/Heaven and Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:44 am

Hey, just posting to say that I'm interested in joining in this, and almost have a Saber servant done (Fleshing out the appearance a little), and will gladly work on making a Master. Not that I'd want the two to be paired up - That'd be boring. Likely will at least have the servant profile up by tomorrow. I hope that it will be to a good enough standard. So yeah, consider this an attempt at a reservation, as I'd hate to put all this work into a Servant and then some picks out the class to use.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digs on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 pm

I want to post to express interest as well. I'm currently formulating a berserker servant profile, as well as a master profile, and in the same way as Tanman, I want to make sure that the former position is open. I should be able to submit it sometime soon, in the next day or so. Thanks. ^^;
ImageUnleash the beast!

digs
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lodnir on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:29 pm

While I know it would be my third character before a lot of people submit their first, I've completed a Greek mythos Avenger class and am planning to submit it within next next day or so unless a objection is raised. Note that since it is a Greek mythos character with no significant friends or foes, it would bar most if not all other Greek heroes from being created due to the "region rule." Again, please pm me within the next 24 hours if you wish to submit an Avenger or Greek mythos hero to discuss.

Lodnir
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xylaph on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

I see this has started up again and as before I intend to participate. I intend to redesign Laurette Barton and enter as a master, but I probably won't finish the editing until next week due to exams. I'll try to get at least something up by this weekend, but don't hold your breath.

Xylaph
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:02 am

Posting to let anyone thinking of making a character know that Caster, while still accepted, was submitted in an earlier stage of this RPG and does need a bit of updating to fit the now revised roleplay. I'm saying this just so everyone can be aware of why some parts of him don't match up with some of the new rules here.

Also, I was thinking of submitting another character, but I'm still having trouble deciding who exactly. I was definitely thinking Beatrice Portinari as Saviour, but that might go against the whole 'no one purely good or evil' rule. Are there any particular Heroic Spirits any of you would possibly like to see?

Lastly, I've submitted this RPG to the Roleplay Review Request Thread, so please be aware of that.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xylaph on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:07 pm

I think the idea of Beatrice as Saviour is a great one myself and one I certainly would have never thought of. As for other Servants, though it's a strange idea, I would really like to see Mata Hari. Most likely as an Assassin, though to be honest the (taken)Avenger class would have suited her best.

Xylaph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lodnir on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:37 pm

Like Xylaph, I have no objections to being Beatrice as a saviour-class and am looking forward to how you will represent her in-game. While the "no purely good or evil" clause may apply, it also depends on the circumstance on how you represent her. If the gate of heaven is actually a malicious force in the story then I could see Beatrice still wanting to protect it, thus subverting her "purely sympathetic" character-type. As for ideas for any further servants I haven't been doing any researching myself. And though I might sound hypocritical for saying this, though servant classes are quite appealing they generally have less bearing on the story as masters, which we seem to not be getting many prospective applications. But this is all just my opinion.

Lodnir
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:14 pm

I should say that right now it's possible I may drop/change the 'Heaven's Gate' idea, since that was really more suited to the first draft of this RPG.

But anyway, if my idea of Beatrice Portinari seems to be generally well-liked, then I may start writing up a sheet for her. I already have a clear idea who I want to use as her Face Claim.

Also, it may be a bit too early to ask this, but right now does anyone have any feelings about which Servant/Master they'd like to be paired with (though the decision is at the end mine to make)? I Charlotte with Faust in mind for a while now, though I think Armel may work better with a darker, more tragic Servant (though probably not Pandora, as I may not want someone who'd only encourage him), but what are your thoughts?

Finally, I do have a rough draft of a sheet for a second Master character, just posting it here to ask what you think, as I'm not quite certain about him:

Full Name: Emmett Ian Falterbridge.

Appearance: Currently... a pack of tarot cards: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=pos ... &id=126225

Face Claim: Tarot representations of the Tsukihime cast.

Personality: Emmett holds humanity in very low regard. Believing his magical powers grant him superiority above the rest of them yet also very analytical about human nature (as per his initial fascination with tarot cards), Emmett mainly enjoys manipulating and deceiving them just so he can watch the creatures he cares so little for trip themselves up, because of him pushing them in the wrong direction.

That said, Emmett will rarely try to directly confront anyone. When he was a human his physical capabilities were very low, and with his spirit now trapped within a pack of tarot cards he's even more vulnerable.

Emmett enjoys turning situations to his own advantage, however in this Holy Grail War he is slowly becoming aware that if anyone's pulling all the strings here, it may very well not be him.

Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Definitely chaotic, but while he does enjoy mainipulating others there is a limit to the things he will do, shying away from anything truly unforgivable. Plus, right now he's too motivated by self-interest to be activately evil)

Motivation: A rather straightforward case, Emmett simply wants to use the Grail to restore himself back to human form, regardless of any greater good that could be accomplished with it.

Magic Element: Aether - considered a very rare element to be naturally born with, though also a rather specific one.

Spells: Emmett's abilities are primarily based around souls, whether the art of manipulating and dividing them as he did with his own, or the art of reading them and seeing their path, telepathy and divination in layman's terms.
However, due to the difficulty of keeping himself composed in his new form, he has either lost access to or proficiency in several of his abilities, for example his ability to read minds has been reduced to merely reading emotions.

As per his abilities of fortune-telling, Emmett also has interest in the magical properties of things such as stars and crystal balls. He also has the power conjure minor illusions and deceptive images.

Equipment: He literally is his equipment, a set of tarot cards. But also around his current abode he does keep many other magical objects, such as various spellbooks and divinatory items.

Magic Level: Very high even when he was originally a human, only boosted upon transferring his consciousness into a magical artifact set.

This is a good thing, because in his current condition Emmett practically needs this magic capability to survive. As a human consciousness trapped inside and spread over a pack of cards, Emmett is forced to constantly expend his magical energy to protect himself (cards surprisingly don't have high endurance), move around from place to place or even talk, along with the usual Master role of providing energy to his Servant. This can leave very little room for even the simplest of spellcasting.

History: Emmett was born in the poorer district of London, to a family that wasn't even aware they had magical ability. As a person growing up in bad conditions, Emmett lost almost all respect for humanity at a very early age, seeing them as both stupid and violent.

He very slowly came upon his magical powers, as he gradually began to be able to suspiciously hear and feel the thoughts and feelings of anyone nearby. This only made his disdian for humanity worse, as now he felt for certain that humans' hearts were truly filled with darkness or ignorance. Yet priding himself once he discovered the full extent of his supernatural powers, Emmett started searching for any information he could find on the occult, and eventually began to use his manipulative powers to get his revenge on people, leading them down the paths of deception, tragedy and ultimately ruin.

Emmett never stayed in one place for long, always scurrying about so that his trickery wouldn't catch up with him. However, just after arriving in Ciel-Etoile, Emmett was finally conronted by a mages who had been following him, believing that his activities were skirting the boundary between the magic and mundane worlds. Emmett was killed in the resulting dilemma, or at least his human form was...

Just before that incident Emmett had achieved what for many mages would be impossible, in separating his own soul and placing it in another object, allowing his consciousness to continue in this world even after being killed. But existing as a pack of tarot cards is proving very difficult for him, now desperately needing the Grail to return to a more suitable form.

Starting Location: His current base of operations, a small fortune teller's shop in Ciel-Etoile, closed to the public at the moment.
Last edited by RomanesqueMarionette on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lodnir on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Hmmm, Emmett. A unique character in concept, having his consciousness split into 22 (Tsukihime) tarot cards would possibly grant him a fairly large ability to gather intelligence, and/or manipulate non-magic NPCs and regular characters. And while lacking in sympathetic points, he doesn't seem profoundly evil either. A "wild card" if you will, sorry I've been dying to make that pun. And though I can understand and appreciate his current motivation or wanting another body, I feel that might seem a bit too petty for him. Based on his personality and history I expected an "infidel-melting laser" or something along those lines; though would plunge him onto the evil side of the spectrum with only a "he started with good intentions, but took them to the logical extreme" factor in terms of his morality. Though taking my opinion into matter would also add cliche to your character in drastic amounts. That being said I can see quite terrific interactions between him and other characters as is, due to his ideologies and his ability to manipulate the soul (which I can see most notably influencing Charlotte, due to his opinionated insights on the human soul.)

As for character pairings I'm quite a fan of pairing character foils myself. Armel could do with a straight-lace character such as Jehanne or Tomoe to increase his sense of responsibility or duty, making him leave behind his "meaningless" life. Or a character who lacks any pessimism in the slightest, encouraging him to work for the sakes of others rather than just purely for himself. I could see Charlotte being paired with anyone who can make her question her faith in the church such as Faust (as you said) who can show her the darker side of the result of morality/magic/magic-science, or another servant who although denies the church, is still a being of upstanding morals and convictions (though probably not Tomoe as she's not likely to assert herself as much as show faint distain.)

However this all just my opinion with my limited knowledge of characters which are not mine.

Lodnir
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Personally, I think Emmett was really always small-scale, before the Grail War he was only ever a streetside con artist. Also, the cards being from Tsukihime doesn't really mean anything, I just wanted to use an anime picture of a full set of Tarot cards that featured characters I knew wouldn't be used for any original applications.

Again, just me, but I'd rather see Armel with a Servant who'd have a negative influence on him, though not in a tempter or 'devil on the shoulder' way like Pandora could offer. More a dark and tragic/scary figure who by being associated with alone would push Armel into a sort of 'unintentional anti-villain' territory. It would tie in nicely with the whole 'meaningless life' issue, since it would force him to realise the consequences of getting involved in all this, of what he's been doing.
I did have the idea of the Wendigo as Berserker for his Servant (based on how their powers can both unnaturally alter themselves), but now I'm working on Emmett and Beatrice it looks like that option's out for me.

I could see your point about Charlotte if she were a more religious person, but as she's just grateful to the Church for helping her control her powers and isn't too obsessed with the actual faith I don't think it works out that much.
While Servants and Masters shouldn't be too similar because that'd just be redundant, I still think there should be some sort of link there that connects them, whether through their personalities, pasts or motivation. Speaking of which, would you mind if I paired Lancer up wth Emmett, as both characters have the similar motivation of recovering something, Emmett wanting his human form back and Tomoe seeking to restore her samurai status?

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lodnir on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Ah, I see. Apparently I didn't read your character sheets as throughly as I thought I had before answering, sorry.

For the Armel issue, I have no problems with him becoming a "villain" in the story depending on the servant that he is paired with, my preference being having him believing in the Servant's cause, more rather than being manipulated/intimidated into doing so. For the Emmett issue I'd be fine with him and Tomoe as it might end up in the interesting direction for her as well. Possibly having her question the scale of grandeur she seeks to accomplish.

Lodnir
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:20 am

For the most part, I'm not fussed at all with who I end up paired up with. I'd like to think I'd adapt to the situation regardless. Skipping back a few posts, a couple of Servant ideas I had was something like the 'Headless Horseman' for Rider or a Jekyll/Hyde combination for Berserker. The latter however is clearly fiction, while the former could be considered a folklore. Still, worth tossing thoughts around.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grantgreatsword on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:28 pm

I have updated Caster. And as for master and servant pairs, I believe Faust would be good with almost anyone.
Armel would be good if he is a villian, because that is what Faust is.
Emmett would be good because, like Faust, he doesn't hold humaity in the highest regard.
Charlotte would be interesting because Faust could shake her belief in the church.
Im believe I could pair with anyone so the choice is up to everyone esle, who wants to be paired with who.

Grantgreatsword
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:34 pm

@Grantgreatsword: As I said before about Charlotte and Faust:

@Lodnir: I could see your point about Charlotte if she was a more religious person, but as she's just grateful to the Church for helping her control her powers and isn't too obsessed with the actual faith I don't think the idea works out that much.

The reason I suggested Charlotte and Faust be paired together was because they're both similar in that neither of them have complete control over their powers, which can lead to disastrous consequences.

I'm not saying this to be mean or anything, but a few issues keep Faust's character sheet from being quite up to date with the rules of the game. Just letting everyone else know so there's no misunderstandings.

Edit: Faust's sheet should be about fine now, problem all over.

Edit2: Went ahead and posted Beatrice's character sheet anyway, slighly altering the rules to accomodate her. It may still be very well in its rough stages, but what do you all think?

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xylaph on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:51 am

Sorry to say this, but I think I'll be dropping out of this RP. I just can't seem to get motivated recently and it just doesn't feel right to participate halfheartedly.

Xylaph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Alright, I find that understandable, though please edit Laurette's sheet to let everyone know she won't be in the game (I actually had Laurette in mind for Saber's Master, but oh well).

To everyone else, you are aware that, unless you're a Servant player, you're free to start posting IC at any time?

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digs on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Just need a bit of a muse to get started. ^^;

digs
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 am

While I've accepted Loki for nown to get him all sorted, keep in mind that I've told his player to increase his Mana Cost to better suit his powers and offered an alternate picture more in line with the established rules for Face Claims.

However, Loki is still acceptable as a Servant as a jotunn and not a god, plus I imagine the breaking of his 'blood-botherhood' with Odin served only to further lower any divinity of his.
I was thinking of pairing him up with Kaleb, as both could provide a good foil and balance for each other's characters, but also because they're both similar in that, while in their younger years they were well-intentioned if only slightly questionable, as time has gone on their flaws have gradually become larger and larger and their methods a lot less admirable. Would this be alright?

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digs on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm perfectly fine with that if Ghaarme is. Seems like a novel idea that'd work out quite well. I'll just have to make sure to read up a little more on my Norse mythology in the meantime.

digs
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!