Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Merc's of Demortris 2

Merc's of Demortris 2

a part of “Merc's of Demortris 2”, a fictional universe by InfernoXX.

Caught between two opposing forces, a princess must accompany a group of mercenaries in hopes of retaking her kingdom.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Merc's of Demortris 2”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Merc's of Demortris 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:26 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Merc's of Demortris"

The Merc's of Demortris begins again!

For the past 700 years Demortris has stood as both a symbol of freedom, and a trade center for rare metals such as gold, silver and other jewels. the first 200 was strife with war after war as the new country fought both Nevorgi and Triands in their attempts of claiming for themselves. Eventually the Wars slowed as Demortris grew in military might, and after signing an alliance pact with Genova, regarded to be the most elite of them all, the Kingdom finally found peace. The once mighty rulers that directed Demortris's armies adapted well, ruling justly for the next 500 years. Many began to believe that their country was finally free.

King Jornas, like his family before him, was a popular figure widely supported for his use of low taxes and evenhanded approach towards any race or gender. Widely supported by both commoners and nobles, The king was expected to pass on his kingdom to his eldest son within the next fifty years. That was until he was struck down by a mysterious ailment. Leaving healers baffled, the King's illness was kept secret from the rest of his kingdom in fear of outside countries learning of it. Almost immediately after the disappearance of the King, the Cult of Grovel rose and began branching from their position at the edge of the border.

Promising great riches to all, and displaying mysterious powers granted by their "god" Grovel, they took much of the countryside by storm. The royal council seized upon this opportunity and placed the King's son as temporary ruler until the king grew better. King Jornas's son, a weak figure, soon became a puppet allowing the council to do as they please. In the next three years they would seize nearly all of the mining camps for themselves leaving the surrounding villages to bandits and the ever extending reach of the cult.

Realizing the inevitable fall of his country, the now dying king called for an old friend to help him in his time of need. They gathered together at his beside, and the king explained his emergency. The king's friend was eager to help, but refused to unless proper payment was made. Saddened the king agreed, and called for his only daughter to enter. With his last few breath, the king wrote down his will, Clarifying the princess as Demortris's next ruler. He then order the Princess and Mercenaries to travel to Genova and ask for assistance in retaking Demortris, and with it the princesses rightful position as queen.

The council, realizing the threat the princess held, quickly spread word of her murder of the king and theft of the Royal will, Ordering all soldiers to kill and retrieve the Will immediately. The Cult of Grovel realized their chance and are now hunting to capture the Princess, and using her as a puppet, seize control of the country.

Guarded by only Mercs, and hunted from both sides, the Princess must make her way through her own country, and towards the unknown future.
What we call Life, they call Hell

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Merc's of Demortris (Reboot)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Wlecome one and welcome all, i would like to extend my thanks out to those who have joined this RP and to those who are returning. The original Mercs of Demortris had potential, but suffered due to having to more players then i could handle and to many different story lines going on at the same time.

I am here to clarify that i would like to hear any advice to help better my RP from creative plot twists to management and NPC management. I'm not the best and nor will i ever be. I will focus on one storyline and strictly one unless i feel confident enough for the party to split up.

Kudos to Traitorshand for diving off the deep end and becoming a splendid villain.

I will give this RP another day in hopes of gathering more RPer's (And hopefully a princess) before officially starting this story. Bear with it please.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:05 pm

hey Inferno, if we don't get a princess, I'll kill off Sorana and make one. Princess is more important than random bird girl.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Hello, everyone!

So I might be able to help. I went ahead and made a character sheet for a princess; hopefully it at least resembles something that might work. If it needs tweaks, let me know. This idea seems quite interesting, so I'd love to join. =)

-Machina
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Thats awesome Machina, you did a much better job than I could hope to do and I'm glad to have you aboard!

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Indeed, a splendid job, and i must confess i never expected the princess to be half-human, i dropped my jaw in surprise when i first saw it.

But Machina your character needs on additional thing, and that is the scroll on which the will was written on. Other then that i have no problems with anything of your character.

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:00 pm

To be honest, I'm loving the look of all the characters so far. Really looking forward to seeing them interact, and seeing this whole thing kicked off!
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm

That's awesome, I'm so pleased you like it! I will be sure to add the scroll into her equipment section. I love everyone else's characters, too; there seems to be a good mix of personalities and ability types.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Alrighty then!

The time for the story to begin is almost upon us (I wrote the last post at 9 pm yesterday, it's currently 8:30 at my place.) and i must get to writing the first, and quite possibly the most difficult (I find it to be) post yet. I can't promise anything so don't stay up all night eagerly waiting for a post.

PS. I sent a players wanted notice out in hopes of gathering more players, so wish me the best of luck.

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falconpaaawnch on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Silverclawedmouse told me about the RP, and I found it really interesting so I wanted to hop on the bandwagon. :< Uhm! Please let me know if my character needs tweaks, I'm open to suggestions.

falconpaaawnch
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Hmm thank you for the Kudos XD, I am usually a bad guy as someone needs to do it, although I extremely extremely despise the Rambo good guys.

Falcon, so if your a merc but in the army (due to the recommendations) does that mean you will be taking part in Luther's company or on a free reign?
Heresy you say? That brother is a matter of perception.

Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falconpaaawnch on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Initially I really wanted to make a Merc, but then thought that there weren't any other soldiers. I thought that maybe in that regard it'd be slow on the roleplay, so I wanted to keep my Merc but join you? But yeah, my Merc would be in Luther's company.

falconpaaawnch
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Oh I see, yea thats fine with me, not sure what the GM thinks, but Id be happy to have you.. even if you are a spy and a traitor ^_-. Since Luthers company consist of heavy infantry, you can take whatever rank you wish from lieutenant to regular halbiders man, I dont mind.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 am

A rebellious noble who finds solace with the Steel Wolves while determined to keep his dual identity. He takes it upon himself to spy on the army in hopes of protecting the princess from the inside.

I've seen plenty of interesting characters when i last held this RP, but quite frankly Falcon, you have simply provided me with perhaps the most interesting of them all. I welcome you to the story with open arms, and eagerly await what you will do with your character.

And a big thank you to Silver, for rejoining and sharing this RP with her friends.

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:24 am

The first post is up for all you RPers looking to start weaving your side of the story. Enjoy to your hearts content.

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:31 am

Sounds awesome! I'll put up a character later if that's cool?
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:02 am

Thats fine with me redraine

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 am

Remember kids, Uncle Inferno allows multiple characters if you feel you can handle it. (Asst GM's and myself can control three following the rule set on the introduction page.) Players can control up to two, no matter the side, characters.

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 am

Is that you dropping a hint you want us to create more, Inferno? :D

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfernoXX on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:40 am

Not really, i just understand that some players might have skipped over the character parts (God knows i've done it plenty of times) and that some might actually be interested in controlling more then one. XD

InfernoXX
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!