Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Stargate SG-1: Mortal Revolution

Stargate SG-1: Mortal Revolution

a part of “Stargate SG-1: Mortal Revolution”, a fictional universe by Sami.

Based in an alternate SG lore powered Universe, a new versatile team is set out on their pilot mission when they discover a number of interesting possibilities.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Stargate SG-1: Mortal Revolution”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Stargate SG-1: Mortal Revolution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:11 pm

NB: The name is corny, I decided it sounded bad enough to try and lure people in. It's what you get after you play Mortal Kombat and then listen to T-Rex

I take this from a fellow RPer, with adjustments, as the last incarnation failed after a few posts. This world in which we will play in is an alternate reality from the main series. It is alternate simply because that would be the easiest way to explain any major differences from the original series; it gives us the chance to grow.

The year is 2017, twenty years since Stargate Command was instituted. Earth's citizens still have no idea about the Stargate and the various threats on their planet over the past two decades. Atlantis was removed from San Francisco harbour in mid-2009 when it was decided by the IOA that Atlantis's purpose was better served back in the Pegasus Galaxy- continuing to fend off what Wraith were leftover, exploring the planets there, and expanding the territory explored by Earth. Earth’s exploration of the three accessible galaxies: The galaxy of the Tau'ri, the galaxy previously known as the Ori Galaxy, and the Pegasus Galaxy, has increased nearly unhindered over the past eight years- limited only by the budgets set for the Stargate program.

As for technologies, the governments of Earth have begun to sneak technologies gathered over the years into the commercial markets used on earth, starting with defence technology and expanding into medical. Thankfully, it hasn’t been anything too powerful, at the moment it is only limited to theories and the odd glitch ridden prototype. Even so, we can hardly say we've explored the full extent of the Asgard knowledge planted on the Daedalus so many years ago, as well as the knowledge to be gathered from Atlantis. There are whole teams of researchers designated to study the Ancient databases scattered throughout the Milky Way and Pegasus.

Around 2012, General Hank Landry retired from his oversight of the SGC. From here, Colonel Samantha Carter was promoted to General, as Colonel Cameron Mitchell expressed little interest in having a 'desk job' whilst he was still perfectly capable of Gate-Travel, along with the fact that Carter had been diligently serving the SGC for several years longer than Mitchell. With the twentieth anniversary of the Stargate Program swiftly approaching, General Carter has shown no signs of wishing to resign.

As for Atlantis's command, Woolsey resigned three years ago in 2014. He was replaced by one Dr. Darren Michaels, a representative of the UK who gained prominence in the IOA over the years since Atlantis landed on Earth.

The Stargate program is creating new teams in commemoration of its twentieth anniversary. The SGC will create three new teams, making the total a sound thirty. The Atlantis expedition will create four new teams, giving it twelve

Our characters will make up SG-28, led by my own character. SG-28 will be a versatile team created with the best of the best from the United Nations Security Council’s permanent member states: China, France, Russia, United Kingdom and United States of America. They will not be the front leading team as was SG-1 but they will certainly be up to the standards, if not better, than any of the current teams to be found in Stargate Command.

I would very much prefer the idea of versatility in the team, so the idea of having more than one from the same country does not appeal to me at all. France I have never really thought of as being portrayed successfully in the series, which I find a shame as they have themselves the Foreign Legion. This would be the loophole I will allow for characters whose nationality is not one of the UNSC.

The Missions:

Will be delivered by the General Samantha Carter canon character in a mainly one sided briefing post, to be followed on with us all posting the deployment in the gate room into the ‘other world’.

This is a not a role play with an ultimate goal in mind, it is designed to be mission-modular that will develop as we go along.

Although there is a Free Jaffa Nation, and the main Goa’uld have been eliminated from the Milky Way, I do believe them to be the most versatile of enemies. However, the Ori were the more powerful and the more dangerous of the two. If you combine the two who do you get? Correct, Anubis.

Anubis’ limbo state of half ascension is an interesting form, I am gong to work on the premise that although Oma did stop him from destroying all known life across a galaxy, she did not stop him from existing. Instead I propose that he was struck back down to a mortal level. He is Khalek for all intents and purposes. He was descended and unfortunately for us, is using his steadily progressing psychic powers to take to the Ori galaxy and rule as an ascended being there. Sound complicated? Good. Because at the same time I don’t want any God-Modders. If you aren’t confused now then there must be something wrong with you.

In brief – Bad guy trying to take the role of God in the Ori galaxy for the cliché megalomania and power addiction, especially as the Jaffa no longer give a rat’s bum in serving anyone.

With that said we will therefore need someone to play a descended Anubis or a minor Goa’uld who is seeking ascension but in the Ori Galaxy. Hell, it could even be a Ba’al trying to make a new start in the Universe. I would be most happy if there are two people wanting to play the parts of the ‘bad guys’ as that would mean the interaction they receive whilst waiting on the ‘good guys’ would be existent, not just them talking to themselves over and over again.

Also in need of members of SG-28 as well as any others who might be interested to take part in other roles that I will happily discuss.

Please post any question you might have, but go easy, it's my first GMing since the days of D&D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sami
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Stargate SG-1: Mortal Revolution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Hmmm....looks good....

Side Note: Has anyone ever noticed that people rarely make RPs based on their favorite TV shows? Just a thought there....
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lilozzy on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Submitted a character... Had to slim down the profile cause it was from another site and full of other details...
<a href="http://www.avatarist.com">Avatars</a>

lilozzy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Questions: Will we have access to Atlantis and Puddle Jumpers?

Could we perhaps make a wraith apearence, like before the superhive came to earth they also took some other planets?

I was just wondering if you wanted to have your Charrie know mine?

Possible Mission Ideas: A simple scouting mission, however, my and someone elses charrie is accidentally ringed into a base with no power on the inside....or radio signal. The RIng controls on the outside are also busted. Oh, and one last problem....somewhere in the Ga'uld base is a contained with deactivated Replicator blocks.....that would reactivate as soon as the power comes on....

We all get stranded on a world with an underwater gate, and the only way off is on a Ga'uld Ha'tak.

Lucian Alliance manages to kidnap two of us, sending the others on a rescue mission.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:19 am

Sami wrote:I would very much prefer the idea of versatility in the team, so the idea of having more than one from the same country does not appeal to me at all. France I have never really thought of as being portrayed successfully in the series, which I find a shame as they have themselves the Foreign Legion. This would be the loophole I will allow for characters whose nationality is not one of the UNSC.

I have three characters pending approval; two of them distinctly American and another who I can only assume is. Also I am beginning to ponder on what the rules of the US military is regarding medical health is: anemia may not be as serious as other ailments but ADHD, I would imagine, would mean that even if you managed to gain entry into the USAF, would they allow someone whose attention and concentration is subject to change, to fly a fighter? Unfortunately I do not know how or what the test are for pilots in the USAF but I'd imagine they are similar to the RAF.
So, I am going to further investigate for those two characters eligibility: consider me the scrutiny committee of the IOA.

I might seem a little hard, but being the best of the best often comes with near perfect health, I know its habit to give your characters a flaw in the physical side to give them a 3rd dimension along side de-godding them. Sorry for seeming like a hard arse, I just don't want it to flop! I'm a nice guy, honest!

As for the input from Character, I have the intention of keeping us in the Milky Way in the first instance. We may have interaction with Pegasus but it'll be limited. As for your character, Character, there is something there that is niggling at me to reject him. I think iit has to do with the current RP post I have seen from you. If you could please go ahead and pm me a sample then I will happily read it over. Thanks everyone.

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lilozzy on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:07 am

Made a different character... something different but I like it

lilozzy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:52 am

lilozzy, I have approved your character, a nice addition to a versatile team.

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lilozzy on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks! I had to look up some stuff to make it seem right instead of just saying "She is italian, Momma Mia Pizza blah. blah...." :-)

This shall be a fun rp

lilozzy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterpicker on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:08 pm

I posted my character. Its my ancient character form the orginal one.

Waterpicker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:54 pm

I'd like to join if there is room, will post a cs up in a couple of hours if thats ok?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm

By all means Belynta.

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:46 pm

I send you a sample, enjoy! On a side note, if you want, i could make him part Russian, if that helps? Just note then i will be forced to include vodka xD

Anyways, thats why i asked! Its good to ask questions right? And the mission ideas are all in this Galaxy, whos to say the Wraith didn't take some planets before they came to earth? It makes sense to me :3

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Wraith are to stay in the Pegasus galaxy dag-nabbit!

We will see how the story develops to begin with.

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:10 pm

awwww, Kay....

It would give us another enemy tho.... :3

Anyways! To the Stargate mobile! *insert batman music here* xD

Cant wait to start! How many people do we have anyhow?

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Okay, character submitted.
Hope its ok

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Your issue is Raquel's ADHD? Wouldn't have been easier to PM to fix it and accept her anyways? I would have fixed it.
I honestly didn't think it'd be an issue- after all, I know several people who've had ADHD and have been able to succeed despite it. But then again, I haven't known military peeps who've done that. I don't know too many people right now who are in the military- though there's one who's training in the Air Force. XD

I'll cut it out. Anything else I need to fix?
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:11 pm

In my defence, apart from actually being a nice guy on the inside, I'm working on my Blackberry for the majority of this, whilst at work, I'm finding the PMs a struggle there never mind the character page!

Ok, so at time of typing I have accepted two characters into the SG-28 team, excluding myself.

That is: Celeste Marceu and Kate Harris.
The almighty main enemy is still to be cast.
Obviously that means that there is only one space left for the team itself but I am willing to accept other persons for other roles in the Role Play itself, so long as there is a legitimate or rather reasonable purpose for them I will happily review the character.

If it becomes a toss up for the last spot then I will promise to look at the profiles and judge the reasoning in an IC frame of mind as the IOA Scrutiny committee that for some reason I like to refer to when making decisions...

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:16 pm

It doesn't seem you are having any bias for your poor DGM. You really are using IOA scrutiny. XD

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterpicker on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Waterpicker gives Sami the evil eye.

Sami. How do you know what my literacy level? Last time I checked, we never roleplayed except in the original roleplay.

Waterpicker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 pm

1) Waterpicker, we don't need that debate on the forums. I'd appreciate it if you two kept that to the PMs.
2) Any member of RPG has access to another's posts- at least some of them. Not only can he see all of your characters (which clearly demonstrate literacy level in pretty much anyone), but he can see several of the posts you've made just by searching you.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!