Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gunship: Freedom

Gunship: Freedom

a part of “Gunship: Freedom”, a fictional universe by Ark Reahver.

In a world that lives in the sky, turmoil and hardship arise. A new generation of freedom seekers may uncover a secret so big it will change the world as they know it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gunship: Freedom”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Gunship: Freedom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Gunship: Freedom"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ark Reahver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Gunship: Freedom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:40 am

I'd love to reserve a Mercenary spot, if you would.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:26 pm

There are currently two characters that have applied for the pilot job, and since a ship can't really be driven by more than one person one of them will have to be co-pilot, which means they are going to have to choose another job to fill.

Ark Reahver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Interesting... So who you gonna choose for pilot? I could settle for another role if it comes to it but *Cough*drunk pilot?*Cough* it's your call as GM in the end.

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm

You've got my attention, I think I'm gonna shoot for that third mercenary spot. Scratch that, I'm withdrawing. Have fun
Last edited by Artik on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Meh, I thought my drunk pilot would be more interesting for the role play than a sober one (also, I mentioned the fact that my character flew better drunk than sober). I'd love to use that character, but I'll certainly settle for something else if you think otherwise, Ark.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:43 am

I may have to go with chicken on this one, although its creative the thought of a drunk pilot doesn't make much sense.

Ark Reahver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Just throwing my two cents in, there are worse things he could be. Drunk and pilot is a choice. Of course, he could be drunk and the navigator.

"OI! Captain. Ships commin' in from tha' norf, norfwes', and norfeast!"
"Whot!? How many!?"
"T'ree or...four! No....T'ree!"
"Which is it lad?! Three or four?!"
"I-I dunno capt'in. They be so damn close ta'gef'er!"
"...Yer lookin' through a wine bottle, twit."
"Yer face is lookin' through a bottle. HAAAHAAAA!"

....Er. Yeah. My point being is there are worse things than than being a drunk and a pilot. Maybe you can convince him to stay off the bottle WHILE driving...but not before. Or some kind of technicality like that.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:41 pm

A fine point (And vivid example) but think of it this way: If you were in a car would you rather the guy giving directions be off his rocker or the driver? I'll stand aside for the purposes of creativity but I just don't see a binge drinker as making a great pilot... Chef, that could work. Mercenary, probably not great. Pilot? I'd rather flap my arms and pray.

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:21 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This point is taken and granted.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Yeah, so just before anyone says anything about the freakish similarities between Reuben and Sierus (jeez, even their name structure is the same. Consonant-vowel-vowel-consonant-vowel-consonant), I just want to make it clear that neither of us even saw the other's character profile until it was uploaded and accepted- I swear on my pride as an RPer (which may not be that huge, but still...). Character-copying is not something I do. And even if I did borrow some concepts, I think I would do it with better taste...I mean, eyepatch AND missing arm AND personality AND pirate background AND profile picture based on Rabi from Dr. Gray-man? Nobody is that stupid. Nobody borrows THAT much. Just think about how ridiculous that is.

So...

Yeah, maybe I went overboard trying to prove my innocence. Great minds think alike! :D

Jacopo
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:30 pm

To be perfectly honest, I didn't even notice. I think it's more that you both took a similar idea and went in two different directions with it.

RainbowCorridor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:42 pm

I adore this open, thought-out world! The plot, I shall come for thee, and my choice of weapon is... a character! That is, of course, if you will have me.
I see a little talk of the chef spot perhaps being called? I really want to change my pace and play a character that doesn't, you know, actively kill people. I could also alter the character currently brewing in my head and change him to a lookout.
Anyhoozles, I am going to grind out a profile and try not to get too wordy about it. I was polishing him a little bit in my head during work today. I may have over thought him some.
"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Ah, I've noticed both pilot characters have been accepted. I will not argue the fact that a drunken pilot is different than a drunken driver, nor will I argue for the pilot role. It is up to Ark and nobody else. I could see Fox as a co-pilot, mayhap, but moreso a chef. If all else fails, I have a very juicy doctor character I was thinking up before I decided on Fox. Just putting that out there if need be. I really want to take part in this role play.

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Well said, Jacopo! I just think it's funny, honestly! I was very shocked! But now, I'm glad we've worked something out!

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 am

So i've noticed the roleplay is very guy heavy on the characters and since i like to have gender-balanced roleplays i was windering if you guys could help me recruit some girls into the roleplay. If you got any friends in other roleplays who you think would be interested send them an invite so we can have a feminine touch in the Rp.

Ark Reahver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:37 am

Just as a possibility, considering the fact that my character is still up in airs at the moment. I can make a female character if need be, as I was going to have a female doctor character before I decided on Fox. Up to you, Ark. XP

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 am

I think a female doctor would be a good addition to the crew, that way we can get past the pilot dilemma.

Ark Reahver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ununseptium on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:58 am

Oh, bollocks. Does that mean I can't get in now?

Ununseptium
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:02 am

I'm taking that as a yes, that I should go ahead and do that. If not, then at least I made a new character. XP

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!