Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Avolair Academy: School for the Supernatural

Avolair Academy: School for the Supernatural

a part of “Avolair Academy: School for the Supernatural”, a fictional universe by Fallen.

Avolair Academy houses students from age fourteen to twenty one, but they aren't your normal school. They house the supernatural, but little known to them, they are housing them from dangers that lurk too close to home. Chaos becomes catastrophe.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Avolair Academy: School for the Supernatural”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Avolair Academy: School for the Supernatural

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:23 am

Avolair Academy

Roleplay Tab - Profiles go here!

Avolair Academy appears to be your everyday, average boarding school. It looks as if the rich are housed here, pampered, and given the best treatment and education around. Okay, so perhaps some of that is true, however, Avolair Academy is a school for the supernatural. Not only the supernatural but anyone who possesses magic goes here. They are not allowed to apply, they are invited - there are some exceptions however. Here they are taught how to use their abilities, given the best education around, from teachers who have been around forever, and are able to participate in tournaments to test their abilities. The school can seem chaotic due to the mass amount of different types of students, and often times there are fights among different races, but now and then there are those moments where they co - exist peacefully. Outside of the academy, there are those known as hunters, whom the students have not been informed about. They are like bounty hunters whom are supposed to bring back the dead bodies (or body parts) of the supernatural for money. Though there are some that insist on purely torturing and toying with them. The school tries its best to keep said people away, but their number grows by the day.

While at the academy students do not hear from or see their loved ones, unless they are in the academy themselves. They are stripped of all personal electronics (though the school has its own electronics such as computers, lounge televisions) but things like cellphones and ipods and dvd players or game consoles are forbidden (with the exception of the game club - no one knows how that's there, everyone believes a teacher is behind it.) There is a large amount of land surrounding the academy, and students live in dorms having one or two dormmates. They do not choose their dorm mates and see them on the first day.

Many secrets lurk about this academy, but no one knows if they are true...

Vampires

Type A: Type A vampires are your basic sensitive to sunlight, garlic, die by the stake vampires. The need to drink blood every so often to even stay alive, and they are pale in complexion. They often have a great sense of smell and are very agile and quick on their feet.

Type B: Type B vampires are like type A vampires but have went so often without blood, that they have become emotionally unstable. They are violent when hungry, even if it is not in their nature, and they are stronger in physical strength when hungry than normal vampires. The downside is they are hungry way more often, and their bite is extremely painful. It is rumored that when on the brink of death, the males can poison with their fangs when they bite - regardless of if that was their intention.

Type C: Type C vampires are like backwards vampires. They are extremely rare as well. They are not sensitive to sun, they don't dislike garlic, and a stake is not their natural enemy. They are like that of humans except one thing. They need to bite - to give blood. They need to get rid of excess blood every so often or they fall ill and throw up blood or get extreme bloody noses. These vampires are able to read emotions of those they bite and their bite doesn't hurt, but rather feels good...

Werewolves

Type A: These werewolves are like shape shifters, they change at will into their werewolf or dog like form, and at will they change back. They have a great amount of endurance, stamina, are quick on their feet, and are always warm.

Type B: These werewolves only change during the full moon, however they are much stronger than type A when in their wolf form. They are natural lovers of the night, and also heal quickly in their wolf form.

Demons

Type A: The only type of demon, they do not have wings like some people think. They have a good amount of strength and heightened senses. They are good fighters when it comes to darkness and shadows. The night is often their friend. Most of the time they are cunning or deceitful.

Succubus/incubus

Type A: Type A is your stereotypical female (or male) that attracts the opposite sex and is often times able to get them to do things just by talking to them. They are alluring to anyone of the opposite sex, even if they don't want to be. They are always attractive, and they have heightened senses, voices like silk, and their touch is always warm.

Type B: It is extremely rare, but type b is somewhat like that of type A, except they attract the same sex, and REPEL the opposite sex.

Zombies

Type A: Type A zombies look like normal humans, however they cannot be in the light or they will slowly burn. They were people once human, who died and were brought back to life by a necromancer. Zombies are the walking dead and thus cannot die - ever. They never appear to age. They are physically strong though a little fragile. They do fail pain when injured, though the heal themselves over time even if decapitated.

Type B: Type B zombies are like zombies you see in horror movies. They ARE the dead, scary, creepy, slow and slow talkers as well. Hard to understand, not easy on the eyes.

Ghosts

Type A: Type A ghosts look like humans, humans that cannot be touched and cannot touch anything. They do not age, they are already dead, and have no special traits.

Type B: Type B ghosts cannot be seen, they are like spirits, you hear them, maybe you feel them, but you never see them.

Witch/Wizards

Type A: Type A wizards need some sort of item like a wand, pendant, or etc to use magic. Without it they are rendered useless. They know certain types of spells in which they must recite to cast - they are otherwise human.

Type B: Type B wizards do not need anything to cast their magic, but do recite spells just like type A wizards - they are otherwise human.

Type C: Type C wizards do not need to recite anything, nor do they need an item, their magic ranges from many things, but they are known to lose energy quickly due to their amount of power. They are your massive damagers, but constant fighting is not their forte.

Alchemists

Type A: Alchemists are your everyday humans who tamper with items, potions, your general alchemy to create misc magical like creatures or objects. They are otherwise human.

Necromancers

Type A: Type A necromancers are able to ressurect the dead. They are able to bring someone back to life thus making them a zombie, kill a zombie which they have ressurected (the only way to kill them.) Or, give a ghost a body. If someone has been long dead, they can temporarily control them. They are otherwise human.

Type B: Type B necromancers are able to kill any undead, and bring them back as their eternal slave. These are extremely rare.

Dark Magicians

Type A: Type A uses dark and forbidden magic which is often dangerous to not others but its caster. They work with magic regarding shadows, darkness, blood, and poison. It is not rare for them to die due to their magic.

Type B: Type B uses lost magic, overpowered single shot spells, some which have the power to even kill someone. Every time they cast one of these spells, their life span shortens and they become more and more emotionally and physically fragile.

Hunters

Perfectly human, hunters are haters of supernatural beings and humans who use and possess magic. Their sole purpose is to hunt and kill them, and often bring them back for an award. Depending on if they work alone, or for an organization, their rules and morals vary.

Extra Curricular/clubs/sports:

Basketball
Softball
Tennis
Volleyball
Raquetball
Water Polo
Kendo
Fencing
Dance (basic)
Dance Team (competitive)
Cheer
Swimming

Music Club
Choir
Art Club
Photography Club
Dance Club
For the World (volunteering club)
Fashion Club
Home Economics Club
Video Game Club

Student Body:

President:
Vice President:
Secretary:
Historian:
Financial Manager:

Groups

Naturally within the school walls, groups have been formed amongst the students. Most of them without staff or teachers knowing about it. Some are perfectly innocent while others are dangerous.

RAW: RAW is for people that believe those with natural given superior power should rule the school. They have a desire to over throw the head of the school and take over making it their own.

Misfits: The trouble makers of the school, though most of what they do involves petty crimes, bullying, and your everyday fight - they have the potential to be dangerous , though nothing compared to RAW.

Guardians: This grouped formed after hearing about RAW and Misfits. They make it their duty to protect anyone in harms way, and try to make sure the school stays unharmed. They don't have a good reputation, as many people think them stupid and childish.

The Covenant: A group formed by creatures of the night, they pose no threat, and are just looking for acceptance and comfort amongst their kind. Some people - usually humans, get the wrong impression.

Teach: A small group dedicated to teaching people how to better use their powers.

BLOOD: No one knows, but everyone wants to. Wherever these people go, they leave words written in HUMAN blood.

Rankings (do not apply to humans):

Pureblood: People born within a family of pure (insert creature) blood - does not apply to human types. They are often powerful, and usually feared. They posses the most money, usually have followers, and always a protector.
Nobles: Second after purebloods. They are strong as well but not as much so, they come from money but not as much as a pure blood.
Basic: Your everyday, average (insert creature here.)
Misfit: The bottom of the line, weakest, often tossed aside. Their kind usually hates them, as their blood is 'dirty.'

Guardians:

Every pureblood needs a guardian, often times nobles are their guardians, or very skilled humans. Guardians usually protect that of their own race - again, unless they are human or the person they guard is a hybrid.

Hybrids

You are only allowed to hybrid two races together, they may not be overpowered. I will only allow three hybrids, and they must have good character sheets and information.

High School

English
Math
Biology
Earth Science
Oceanography
Chemistry
History
US History
Social Studies
Physical Education

Self Control
Defensive Techniques
Power Amplification
Survival Training
Weapon Mastery
Runes
Potion Creation
Study of Magic Creatures
Metal & Woodshop: The creation of weapons
Magic Mastery
Adaptation: Controlling powers and your characteristics in different environments

Choir
Band
Photography
Art
Psychology
Writing
Cooking
Spanish
French
Japanese

College

College schedules are more lenient, and since you choose more major, you are going to get to make up your classes. Your schedule is not the same as high school students, and you pick the times and days you want to go to school.

Tournaments

There are different types of tournaments that take place different times of the year, every student is required to attend the tournaments even if they aren't in them, as guests. However, some tourneys are mandatory to test progress of students. As prizes students receive trophies and it is considered a high honor amongst the school.

Types of tournaments:

Singles:

Tourney A: Your basic by elimination singles tournament [Mandatory]
Tourney B: Survival, everyone against everyone, last man standing wins. [By choice (though must be in ONCE within their whole stay at the school.)]
Tourney C: Target practice- the students must hit targets that go further and further. Highest score wins. [By choice]
Tourney D: Usually the smallest tourney - Spotlight- students with magic appealing to the eye compete in a non violent way, showcasing their magic. Most skilled and attractive wins. [By Choice]
Tourney E: Obstacle course of sorts - changes every time. Can be physical obstacles, as well as monsters, creatures, or people in your way. Considered dangerous.[By selection of school committee.]

Teams:

Tourney A: Your basic elimination match, but in teams. Sometimes chosen at random, sometimes chosen by students. [Mandatory]
Tourney B: This is a teachers vs students match. An often favorite. [By choice]

Dorms:

Female:

100. Analea [Ai] Ismene & Voix de Rêves (Re`)
101. Jezebell Knox & Amelia Opal Triste

Male:

200. Nyx Narrus & Viktor Akunin
201. Kishin Okurimoro, Sasha Okurimoro, and Samuel Kolwalski

Profile Sheet
Student and teacher (tweak for teacher, tell me what you teach)

Name:
Grade: (Highschool freshman to college senior)
Race:
Type:
Weapon: (One only, used only for tourneys, though not required - think about your race, can they even handle a weapon?)
Abilities: (Also, rank your abilities with mastered, exceptional, great, good, average, below average, poor, and weak.)
Weaknesses: (Give me a couple, it's required.)
Signature ability:
Race characteristics:

Personality:
Fears:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Best character trait:

Schedule:
Extra curricular:
Group:
Label: (What do people know you as?)
Ranking:
Academic achievements:
Tournament awards: (I don't want everyone to have awards, I will decline if neccessary.)

Biography:
Family:
Guardian: (Purebloods only)
Relationship status:
Friends:
Foes:
Enemies and rivals:

Appearance: Anime only, picture and description please.

Hunter Sheet:

Name:
Orientation:

Personality:

Weapons:
Gear:
Misc pack items:

Biography:
Family:
Relationship status:
Friends:
Foes:
Enemies and rivals:

Years as a hunter:
Organization: (If any)

Appearance: Anime only, picture and description please.
Last edited by Fallen on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fallen
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Avolair Academy [School for the Supernatural] [Ope

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monochrome on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:01 am

I'd like to reserve a Female, I think I'm gonna make a... Oh god, so many choices. Okay, I'm gonna make something, but please reserve a female for me :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Monochrome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:00 pm

May I also reserve a female. I am going to make her a witch, been dying to. I can try to have one up tonight, but it will be late - doing some travelling....is that ok?

"I laugh at funny things. I laugh in the face of danger. Therefore, danger has a funny face." ~ME <3
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." ~Groucho Marx

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Alright as far as reserving goes, I'll not be reserving anything as I am going off who has a nice profile.
However we'll need a decent amount of people so it's not like we wont have room :).
And yeah that's fine XD.

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:03 pm

I've submitted a character. I put "To be edited" on his schedule because I don't really understand how the High school schedule works.

Other than that, I hope you like it! Also, you can expect me to be putting in the char sheet for his guardian soon. :)

X64
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Ah, sorry I didn't get to explaining highschool schedules.

For high school students, you choose five required classes, and two electives.
(Required are things like math, english, etc)

And these are your everyday classes. Don't get confused by college students whom choose their days and times.
Speaking of, high school classes are in the day, the exception is electives, which take place during the night.
(Reason being is some involve fighting and other things that require you to be outside, and that could kill some people in the day time.)

As far as college students are, as like real life, choose a major and base your classes around it. They no longer have fighting type classes or anything educational about the supernatural, as they went through that in high school.

Crybloodredtears: I don't really like your day walking ability, it defeats the whole purpose of the info I put on your vampire type. I'll let you keep it, but don't use it as a normal thing. Such as that, I don't want you using it everyday to walk in the daylight.

And I wan't people to keep in mind that with age comes stronger abilities, don't try and master EVERYTHING in your early highschool years xp.
Now then, I will only accept one more pureblood - and that person better have a godly profile.
I don't really like when everyone tries to go epically pureblood unless they can back up their character with good writing XP.

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Hey if my character sheet isn't up to par please let me know so I can change it.

X64
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Well for your history, I would like if you could put more information on your back history *family etc*
As well as academy history (that is assuming you didn't just start, if so it's not required.)

Crybloodredtears: Please edit in your biography when you can.

Also~ I will get to editing in an actual schedule for the school such as the days, weather, and time - nag at me if I don't keep up with it.
And people, if you are older it's most likely you have been in the school for a while, feel free to create friends and relationships. If you are older and have been there I have to say this, everyone is not a stranger to you unless they are new (or someone who is a loner and doesn't really get around.) I know a lot of school rps everyone acts like strangers and I don't understand it XD.

It doesn't mean you have to be friends with people, but if you have both been there, perhaps you have seen the face of, heard the name of, or talked to them before.

Also, we need leads of the clubs and extracurriculars~
And leads to the 'groups' on campus. Except BLOOD. That leader will be completely anonymous, message me about it.
The student body, as listed before will be chosen later in the roleplay.

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Thank you lots Fallen. Seriously, you have no idea how appreciative I am that you would take the time to tell us how we can improve our character profile, and why. I haven't seen anyone do that on this site. I'll edit my character when I can, but it may not be until tomorrow.

Anyway, Sasha could be head of the Music Club if you want. Also, is it okay if we wait for more characters to say whos friend with who?

X64
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:54 pm

No problem <3

It would be awesome if Sasha was head of music club. On that note, clubs are created on the first day (just so you know they don't randomly exist.) So he'll have to get to creating it. Basically it's talking to the office getting papers filling them out and then getting members. Which brings me to another thing. Club rush~ Highschools and even colleges have this, or at least from my experience. During lunch, clubs will have tables/areas in which they set up and put information for people to join.

(Days for clubs well settle when we get more people and more leaders :) )
And yes, when it comes to friends you can wait till there is more people, it's actually what I am doing dorm wise.
(Yes I'm not just randomly dorming people :X.)

I'll get to putting more information up later reguarding clubs and what not :).
As far as the 'groups' go as well, they already exist, and do not need to be created.
Lastly, if anyone wants to make a NEW group, knock yourself out, buuut tell me first.

EDIT: I've done some updates on tourneys, types of tourneys, and which are mandatory :).

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby psyduck on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Hellos (: If the kind Mod of the game accepts my character;; Is there anyone that would be interested in being my guardian? If Not, that is ohkie-dohkies, and I'll make my own. :D Thank you
With every breath that I am worth,
Here on
Earth.
I'm sending all my love to you.
So if you
dare to second guess,
You can rest
assured,
That all my love's for you.
-Last Night on Eath by Green Day.

psyduck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Fallen: Thank you for saying so but I do have to agree, it does defeat the purpose of my vampire type. I've deleted it and I may think of something else, or maybe not. Also, I have made a biography but am also currently fixing it up more now.
Winter is coming.

~ crybloodredtears..

crybloodredtears
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Right...anyone wanna be a friend/foe/rival of my character? D:

:Nagato:
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Hmm..

Ai could be your friend D:
I don't know I think it could be interesting if they were o_o..

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Sure, I reckon that'd be interesting XD

Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:41 pm

XD

Right then! How'd we meet and all that good stuff lol.

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Hmmm, good question 0_o

Maybe Ai was involved in that one Type B tourney that Viktor won...perhaps she was the last person he had to fight, and afterwards they got to talking and discussing the battle?

Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:06 pm

I was thinking tourneys too,
and then I was also thinking, and this is basing purely off Ais abilities, when it comes to her ability to compel, change moods, and give blood etc..
Because of the nature of your char she could have met him when he was in an extremely violent stage (you explained attacking people or objects.)
And temporarily mellowed you out by doing one of the above o_o.

Your idea works too though D=. Type b would have been..survival?
Then it would have made sense you won since she's mostly supportive and defensive.

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Hmmm, I actually like that first idea of yours more than mine XD

Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Awesome lol.
Alright then we need Annaky's character, aaand we need some more younger characters, and at least one hunter.
(A teacher would be nice ==)

Fallen
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!