Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

World War III: Legacy to End Wars

a part of “World War III: Legacy to End Wars”, a fictional universe by Seraph.

The world is drastically different in 2030. Humanity has collapsed in on itself. Its no longer about politics or ethics--just survival.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “World War III: Legacy to End Wars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sat May 05, 2012 9:49 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "World War III: Legacy to End Wars"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

"When I see you lately I'm wondering on White roses, caskets Your name on a stone."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: World War III: Legacy to End Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sat May 05, 2012 11:06 pm

This looks really interesting, but how do you want the characters presented? Can I get a Character sheet?
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brock10 on Sun May 06, 2012 5:58 am

Aye, can we get a character sheet? And an idea on what sort of roles our characters will be playing?
"I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things"-Tyrion Lannister.

Brock10
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Sun May 06, 2012 6:54 am

Yeah this seems awesome, we'd deffinately need a character sheet and could you go into more detail about who we're rping as. I'm assuming soldiers and what the level of tech is for both sides? You mentioned that the Syndicate was more technologically advanced but how does that translate on the battlefield? Are we talking lazer guns and kinetic barrier shield tech?
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 am

Greetings and welcome. I have read many of your questions--and as of this moment I am creating--what I feel feel to be a sufficient character template. Bromander Shepard, your question about "lazer guns and kinetic shield tech" first. I feel, that even though the techno logical barrier has been breached in this timeline, I must also go with what is logical. In the same essence of why a "lightsaber" can not even be in theory, made of light nor a laser is due to the simple fact that that once that lasers, like light can not be stopped unless there were some in the way that absorbed or reflected it. It simply can not be wielded that way. I am going for technological breakthroughs that--today standards of equipment are the predecessors to. In other words, what you see today, what armament, vehicles, what have--in some cases-- been drastically altered to the point that today's tech could never compete with. As far as shielding tech, there is some what of a shielding tech for the Syndicate, I'll go over once I am more discreet and have a character template.

However, as far as the story goes, I am still unsure of rather to make it truly multifaceted by giving the players the choice of joining either Army. I've seen too many roleplays where, too many people have quit or lethargically stagnated the story because they have crippled in essence, a critically component. If there is enough support and well written posts, I might consider opening the Russians point of view but as it stand, majority will be on The Syndicate. Keep in mind, however, that even with these increasingly potent weapons that the Syndicate has, its still very much an up hill battle for them. If not for the description I gave for the Russian forces, then for the sheer fact that, The Confederation has swallowed up every country the world had signed over due to the oil crisis. That was a lot.

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brock10 on Sun May 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks for answering our questions, mate, but there be any chance of a character sheet?

Brock10
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sun May 06, 2012 7:57 pm

The character sheet is up. Its also bound to change as the roleplay progresses. Also, there is a lot of much needed information that details why this sets it apart from much of the other Rps.

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Love me Not on Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 am

I have a question, when it comes to your female characters do they have to be at least 5'7 or can they be shorter then that?
I've got five words that equal kick ass.
Anime schoolgirl -vs- Giant Samurai

Love me Not
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Love me Not on Tue May 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Okay I made a character I have no idea whether she's feasible or not but there she is. Let me know if she's alright or whether she sucks please, I'd really like to join.

Love me Not
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby W1LL1AM on Sat May 19, 2012 9:59 am

Submitted a character, fist time joineing, please inform me if i need to make changes :-)

W1LL1AM
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sun May 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Alright everyone, thank you for participating; W1LL1AM, could you be a bit more thorough with your bio, you don't need to go all kinds of crazy, but it should be detailed enough so that someone can really imagine him.

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sun May 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey Seraph, I was wondering if I could create a character to join?

Oh, and how does the bounty hunter thing work? I mean, were there bounty hunters before the war?
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Mon May 21, 2012 8:13 am

Salutations JackOfSpades. The word "Bounty Hunter" is a relative term--at least here it is. It can be the salvage of lost technology (A lot of weapons were lost or thought destroyed.) Or it could be someone who's paid to go after another person--To either arrest or kill them. As for their relative placement in the timeline--look to the world today. Of course there were bounty hunters, even in war, before the war had begun, and after it concluded.

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Mon May 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Okay sweet man, I thank you.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Tue May 22, 2012 2:29 am

Very interesting 'Spades.I have an interest in your character because of the similarities between Cain and Ryan.

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby W1LL1AM on Tue May 22, 2012 2:05 pm

I hope that there is more detail, as this is my first character i hope i can add more as we progress?

W1LL1AM
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Love me Not on Wed May 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Wanted to know if you were ready for us to start posting yet, or would you like us to hold off.

Love me Not
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Will post either today or tomorrow

Correction: Probably this afternoon..

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm

As you guys had probably noticed, my posts have been few and far between recently. The Reason is actually because exams are coming up for me, and my teachers are starting to crack down on all the major projects they want due at the same time. I will be still in this, but I just wanted to explain the reason for my inactivity.

Should be able to post soon though, as there should be a break in my cramming soon :D

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Love me Not on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Sorry the post is so short I've had Bronchitis for about a week and am just now getting to the point where I can think again.

Love me Not
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!