Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Tale of Seven Children

A Tale of Seven Children

a part of “A Tale of Seven Children”, a fictional universe by zody.

You should click this, seriously!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Tale of Seven Children”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Tale of Seven Children

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:58 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Tale of Seven Children"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"Chillax Zody, Scheming Zody, Asshole Satori Zody, Srsbsns Zody, Gentleman Zody, GM Zody, TSUNTSUN Zody, Yandere Zody, Kuudere Zody, Immoral Zody, Zodiac, SCIENCE! Zody, Regular Zody, Seductive Zody, Kawaii Desu Neko Zody so far.

Why the hell are there so many Zody's?!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Completionist

Re: A Tale of Seven Children

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jigokunoshinzo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 am

Hello! I just wanted to show my interest in this roleplay. It seems very well thought out and I am thinking about making a character. But I think I will wait until you have everything posted on the front page.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jigokunoshinzo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 am

Hello! I just wanted to show my interest in this roleplay. It seems very well thought out and I am thinking about making a character. But I think I will wait until you have everything posted on the front page.

Hello! Forgive me if I am mistaken, but haven't you posted in the Interest Checks Post? If that was you, you can make a Character right away if you wish to do so!

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby black-as-night_oni on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:21 pm

I just wanted to let you know that this looks great!!! Unfortunately, I don't really know if I have the time to create a character, but I'll make time if I have to! If I'm too late to play one of the Seven, are there any other possible characters I could play?

Seriously, you did a good job!!!
"It is in the east, and Juliet is the sun!"

black-as-night_oni
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:55 pm

I just wanted to let you know that this looks great!!! Unfortunately, I don't really know if I have the time to create a character, but I'll make time if I have to! If I'm too late to play one of the Seven, are there any other possible characters I could play?

Seriously, you did a good job!!!

You're still able to create one of the Seven Children, so you can make one of them (although they're all evil so far -_-), so we'll need some good ones, or some Exorcists too. We have two Demon Kings for now so that should do us until one of them dies, I guess?

And then we have the random other people in the WDL and Hell, basically cannon fodder, but if you want to make a special Character that I haven't written about, then go ahead and PM me about it.

- zody

zody
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:15 am

Well, my character is not really evil...like he said, he's just Gray...not evil..and he's working with the Exorcists right now, ya know...

blackwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:16 am

Well, I submitted my character. I'm working on updating it as time goes along, and I figure I've got time seeing as the opening isn't even up yet. Got an exam in the next few days, but I'm pretty free after that to join in on the shenanigans.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:47 am

@Tanman: I liked how you've already decided how Ash is gonna work for the Exorcists, and your Past Bio is darn good. I'm also fine with you updating every now and then, since Deon isn't exactly finished either xD

Oh, and the Opining should be posted tonight.

zody
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am

In the rules, you said keep it at least PG-13. Does that mean we can do mature stuff in this roleplay?
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 am

In the rules, you said keep it at least PG-13. Does that mean we can do mature stuff in this roleplay?

Yes, but if it gets that far, take it to PM's, alright? No blinding.

zody
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 pm

@Zody: Just filling the gaps. Most people seemed pretty darn evil (Or at least, that's how it seemed to me. Maybe cause they're all demons?), and on top of that, a massive gender imbalance to the males. Looking forward to roleplaying with you all when the time comes.

Actually... On secondary inspection, they might be good. The demon characters I mean. Maybe we should indicate where we intend to go so we don't have things being too one sided? Then again, I guess there's always the potential for development through corruption/salvation...

And, since I feel like making a topic of conversation, anyone else noticed that practically everyone can mess the hell up with everyone elses minds? Telepathy, mind reading, lie detection, manipulation, memory alteration... and a guy that could technically copy all that. That's one psych-trip worse then Total Recall...
Last edited by Tanman on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac the Impaler on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Well... I was going for a guy who worked with, and had power over, the intangible. I was expecting everyone else to go down the elemental powers, summoning, shapeshifting, god powers route so I figured i'd try and change it up a bit, but apparently I got in too early and set a trend instead :p

Our core is madness. Our prime directive is murder. We came to rule the Earth not because we were the strongest or the smartest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Mac the Impaler
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Great Thundorz on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:18 pm

My guy is a demon? Pffff!!! And did you now? I thought I did that, but I guess not xD

The Great Thundorz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolf on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Tanman wrote:@Zody: Just filling the gaps. Most people seemed pretty darn evil (Or at least, that's how it seemed to me. Maybe cause they're all demons?), and on top of that, a massive gender imbalance to the males. Looking forward to roleplaying with you all when the time comes.

Actually... On secondary inspection, they might be good. The demon characters I mean. Maybe we should indicate where we intend to go so we don't have things being too one sided? Then again, I guess there's always the potential for development through corruption/salvation...

And, since I feel like making a topic of conversation, anyone else noticed that practically everyone can mess the hell up with everyone elses minds? Telepathy, mind reading, lie detection, manipulation, memory alteration, lie detection... and a guy that could technically copy all that. That's one psych-trip worse then Total Recall...

You're right...I think we seriously need some more 'good' exorcists. If this continues, there won't be a struggle between good and evil but a struggle between the two dark side (not that I don't think that kind of struggle is not interesting...I mean, how many roleplays or stories have you read that write about two opposite evil side fighting each other?)

And as for the 'Mindfuck' topic...well, I agree with you about that, too...our powers mostly use to fuck each other's mind though I read two Lie Dectection, was that your intention? Maybe we should only restrain a Major Mental power and a Minor one each character only? Or should we just go all the way and screw everyone's head? Because if we go with option number 2...it will be a hell of a roleplay but very very hard to do it 'cause I imagine there'll be many sub-plots, many lies, many fake memories and connections between two sides and seriously need a lot of co-operation in order for it to work out all right.

As for the rating part, if we can do the not-too-mature-but-still-be-mature stuffs here, would you mind adding the Mature tag in the roleplay, Zody?

blackwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:11 pm

@blackwolf: Two lie detections? I don't see two lie detections. Does anyone else see two lie detections? *Whistle*

Regardless of that uh, topic; Given I get through my exam/work in the next few days, I might throw together an exorcist that will, for the most part, work with my demon as sort of a leash to go with the metaphorical collar of the WDL. Makes for some nice, easy post material when you can have back and forth banter too. Even if we don't make proper characters up for them, we might just need to generally throw in some lackey people to help guide the WDL.

Back to the mind-manipulation, I think limiting the number of mental powers per-person is still going to create a headache for everyone (Ha, see what I did there?), so the latter option is probably better. I'd like to assume that alot of the minor manipulation powers either won't work at all on a demon child (Provided they're of reasonable mental acuity), or specifically immune in demon form - perhaps even reversing some of the manipulation done. Heck, maybe even the WDL have methods to detect and reverse demonic interference? Who knows? Either way, I'm all for keeping the powers as they are, and although I'll try to be aware of who and what each person could technically know/do with their mental powers, if there's anything that anyone wants to know while constructing a post to keep things in character (EG. Is my character lying? What's her childhood memory of carnivals? What is she thinking at this time?) I'm more than happy to respond here or in PM.

Personally, I think it'll be neat that everyone's getting deep into everyone's psyche (And I only just now noticed how many brackets I used in that last paragraph. Gotta stop doing that...).

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:59 am

Well, I'm planning on creating a Demon Queen, and Exorcist and another person who will be tied into the plot... sort of... I guess?

Anyways, Demons are more resistant to eachothers powers than Humans... too many mindscrewers in here guys.

It'll be like Higurashi but even harder to explain to somebody.

I... well, yeah. That's it xD

The WDL have been fighting Demons for ages now, so they're prepared. Shall we get this show on the Road, then?

zody
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 am

Probably should move the information from the Interest check to the Intro, for ease of the readers. And I'm cool with starting so long as this intro post from you is super special spectacular to give enough context and environment cues for everyone to seamlessly slip in and work out what's going on, where and what to do and such.

Or if we're supposed to wing it and just make up the setting as we go, well, I guess I'd be down with that.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby feral gale on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 am

My character doesn't have the ability to mess with anyone's mind...But well, I suppose his gender (or is it her?) is enough to make someone feel dizzy. And we can start if you guys want...I guess my character needs a little more time but well, I suppose I can try and finish him tonight or tomorrow depends on my writer blocks...

feral gale
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 am

Just so nobody Posts yet, I'm working on an Introductory Post as we speak.

@feral gale: Just call it.. erm... her? Uh, Him? It? *Shrug*

@Tanman: I intend on doing that soon enough, the Post is first though.

zody
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby feral gale on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:23 am

To Zody: Well...call Nathan...him since it is his original gender anyway.

feral gale
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!