Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Secret Heroes of the Imperium

a part of “Secret Heroes of the Imperium”, a fictional universe by cha-kun.

A Roleplay of Grim Proportions. Take on the role of an Inquisitor's retainer, and assist him as he battles the enemies of Humanity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Secret Heroes of the Imperium”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:54 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Secret Heroes of the Imperium"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"Serve the Emperor today. Tomorrow you may be dead." - Thought for the day

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Secret Heroes of the Imperium

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PreachingLegionary on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:17 am

Now this.. This is awesome. That's a very detailed character skeleton too. Going to take some time ^^. By the way are we allowed to play subhumans like Ogryns or ratlings?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PreachingLegionary
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 am

I was thinking about that and, yes you may. But no xenos filth... Yet.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:44 am

Oh and the first few posts will actually be the interviews to determine whether or not you will be accepted, these interviews will be conducted through PMs once your character is complete. Oh, and to be an Ogryn you have to be an absolute prodigy, as far as Ogryn are concerned, with at least the intelligence of an 8 year old human child. I would also prefer the Ogryn to come with a partner

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:55 am

I wanna join! I wanna join! I wanna join!

Obviously I'm ecstatic that such an RP has come to light, and looking from the introduction, it appears that you're allowed to be practically any type of Imperium servant... Am I allowed to test the waters by being a heretic that has been allowed to repent from his sins by going on this mission?
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:09 am

Perhaps... If your Character's dossier proves convincing enough... Otherwise you can be a Penal legion trooper for sure, but if you truly must be a repentant heretic, and you must be truly repentant, I will allow it on a probationary basis.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:35 am

And Obviously your character's interview would be well... slightly different, considering your character would be a traitor to the Imprium. That goes for Heretic and Penal legionairre.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:37 am

I was thinking the same idea, though I'm basing the character from a personal Imperial Guard Penal Legion squad that I've made. I'll finish the CS and send you the idea via PM, if you don't approve I'll send you a second one (a different character from the same squad but different behavior and such).

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twisty on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:52 am

This is really awesome and I´m definitely going to make a character ^^
There is only one problem though, I´m going on vacation this Saturday and will be away for two weeks. Do you have any ideas on how we could have my character be gone for that long before actually joining in on the action?

The strength of your force may be calculated by multiplying its weight by its velocity. Strive always to maximize both and victory shall be yours.
- Commander Puretide

Twisty
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:37 am

Well depending on his background, I could have your character be discovered by Inquisitor Osbourne as an exceptional individual while he is out in the field. You would have to tweak your character a bit once you got back but it should work. n.n I would give you some info now but I don't realy have the main storyline down yet. ^.^''

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:38 am

Ermahgerd, Werhermer Ferter Thersernd!

I -must- join this. But what to be, hm... Part of me wants to play a Psyker, but a character who spazzes out and drools on the floor at the slightest hint of trouble just doesn't appeal so much to me. I shall think on this. Maybe a pilot for their ship? But then I'd sorta be left out whenever ground stuff happens...

... A SPACE MA*shot by a thousand lasguns*

But seriously, though I have no interest in playing one of the frakkers, would a space marine be allowed in?
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:51 am

Well you would be a little overpowered but I wouldn't say no. Oh, and a psyker does'nt have to spazz out and drool on the floor every time something happens. Just look at Inquisitor Ravenor, or any sanctioned psyker for that matter. You could be an astropath. You would probably still stay on the ship unless I needed you on the ground, but an astropath is important to any Imperial agent.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:08 am

True, I could be an Astropath. Hell, it'd probably be fun, since I'd get the Imperial Tarot and such to play with. Only question is, what would I do while everyone else is fighting on the ground?

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 am

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

I shall begin work on an Adeptus Arbites Detective right away. It would be that, or an Imperial Stormtrooper. Can't decide now, but I do have a question! Are you familiar with the psychic blanks (Pariah and Untouchable being two other names they go by), by any chance? If I made a Guardsmen (Or even the detective, would help his ability to downright unnerve and disturb suspects, and everyone else around him granted.) I would be really tempted to make him a blank. I digress, would it be a problem if he were an Untouchable?
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 am

Oh, BTW guys this is an explanation of the mental ability tests.

Uh, Neural Wavelength Frequency relates to how Psychic ally active a person is, the higher the number the more latentally psychic that person is. However, that does not mean that they are neccesarilly psychically powerful, only that they have latent abilities that they cannot access yet. A normal human will have around 10-100 as their score with one hundred being relatively high, a normal Ogryn would have between one and ten, and an average sanctioned psyker can have anywhere from 100 and beyond. Blanks always have a score of zero, however. It is represented simply by a number ex. 135

Spacial reasoning score simply applies a score to your ability to reason and use critical thinking skills. It is obviously more complicated than that, but that is the gist of it. It is represented by a percentage ex. 38%

And your linguistic aptitude score states how good you are with languages, including you first language. It includes proper use of grammar, as well as written language, penmanship doesn't count on the test. n.n It is again represented by a percentage. ex. 154%. as you can see the number can be higher than one hundred for those with a high apptitude for linguistics. These people are rare, however.

BTW they were all made up, based off of real intelligence tests but made up all the same.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:31 am

I would not have a problem with you being a blank but any psykers might, Inquisitor Osbourne, however, sees the usefulness of having a blank in his retinue and therefore allows them, despite the fact that he is an incredibly powerful psyker, and therefore would be in extreme pain should you touch him.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:54 am

I said I would join -salute- and I always keep my word, so Sister of Battle here I come.

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Okay, I've posted my profile. Not sure if it has everything you wanted, or if it's good enough. D:

Hydrall
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Anyone else struggling with the time system? Or is it just me?

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:10 pm

The time system is actually fairly simple if you're very careful. It's time-consuming, but it'll make sense. What part of it exactly are you having trouble with? If you're totally stumped, you could PM me and I can help you with it.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!