Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Secret Heroes of the Imperium

Secret Heroes of the Imperium

a part of “Secret Heroes of the Imperium”, a fictional universe by cha-kun.

A Roleplay of Grim Proportions. Take on the role of an Inquisitor's retainer, and assist him as he battles the enemies of Humanity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Secret Heroes of the Imperium”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Secret Heroes of the Imperium

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Gaunt and Cain are the best commissars ever written, beyond any argument. If they had lived in the same time period, their combined abilities would banish every bit of GRIMDARK from the setting and turn it into an action series with a happy ending.

Also, Terry Pratchett is the greatest author ever, possibly.
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:10 pm

@Breeze: That's fair enough, I'll stick with Guant and his ghosts either way. It's a tough call, sure as sure. Have to agree with Hydrall though, they are both Commissars of a most excellent variety. It's men like them who make me such a major supporter of the Imperial Guard.

@Hydrall: Agreed on Terry Pratchett, so many colorful characters, let alone a colorful world for em to have all degrees of shenanigans. Add in a good sense of humor and its a perfect set up.
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:36 pm

I just had a good idea for Inquisitor Volsk... Volsk always wears a mask to protect his identity, and it's not like a superhero mask. No, it's more like a full face mask, kind of like Army of Two. He has a very badass design on it. When I send you all your final posts i will change them accordingly so that he has the mask on.
"Serve the Emperor today. Tomorrow you may be dead." - Thought for the day

cha-kun
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Uh, nevermind... The whole mask thing isn't as good of an idea as I thought... Forget I mentioned it

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:06 am

Uhm, has everyone been receiving my PM replies?

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 am

Breeze wrote:@Arch: Aww :) Thanks. None of us are totally insane in the membrane. Mm Saxious probably has the most mentally unstable character (Lovely character by the way. Really interesting, and I can't wait to see how you play him IC.)

Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate it. I might warn you that my character hasn't seen a woman in years so don't break his jaw for suddenly saying something.

I'm not going to play my character like a lunatic, he just thinks that everything is a flashback and that he will survive because he believes his body is on the prison world Sheol XVI and his mind is out in the universe fighting as a Legionnaire. Therefore, he is sort of heedless for the danger that is ahead of him cuz he "knows" that he'll live (but that doesn't mean that he can't feel fear when there's danger around). Sorry, I'm not sure how else I can put it.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Archereon on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:56 am

^^ If you replied to my most recent PM, I haven't seen it.
I am infamous for my attempt to embarrass TheGroxinator with a jar of mayonnaise!
- One of the many golden quotes of Neonus.

Archereon
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Archereon on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Yeah, I have an idea...I think we should probably all establish the times and days on which we'll be available to RP so as to maximize this awkward waiting around for people to be on/RE to PMs.

Archereon
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm on most days, I randomly check while playing video games, so yea.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Breeze on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Same as Eisen.

Breeze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Archereon on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Any particular times that are better than others? The best times for me to be contacted is on Fridays or Saturdays since I'm doing the least most of those days.

Btw breeze/Eisenhorn/Saxious, I'm wondering if you'd care to have our characters (any of them really) meet mine in line to see Inquisitor Osbourne, Cha-kun said I could probably add some stuff to my first post before the "So who do we have here?" line, and I really can't think of anything besides interacting with other perspective retainers.

Archereon
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:23 pm

I'd be up for doing something like that, so by all means we could work something out if you wanted. And there is no real time in specific, I'm just randomly on and off.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:53 am

Those of you who have not sent me your interview intro please do... I don't want to keep the other players waiting.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Archereon on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:55 pm

So how far is everyone else with their PM interviews? I think I'm pretty much done.

Archereon
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:32 pm

I think that I'm done, I've pretty much accepted my fate.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Plantium on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 pm

I've had to build up enough posts to PM, so I'll probably be able to start mine a little later tonight, or early tomorrow, if possible.

I promise I won't be as slow when things get going though.

Plantium
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:32 pm

I have responded. :D Also, yo Plantium, glad to see you here.

Also: Space Marine versus Ogryn, arm wrestling contest of the year?

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Plantium on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:42 am

My intro has been sent.

Also, @Hydrall: one question, does the Space Marine get to wear his power armor? Regardless I would probably pay good money to see that.

Plantium
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:16 pm

I think my character will be armed with a badass chemical gun ... Well, something similar at least XD

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PreachingLegionary on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:45 pm

I hate to admit it but an Astartes would take an Ogryn in arm wrestling anyday ^^

PreachingLegionary
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!