Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mass Effect: The Hydra Initiative

Mass Effect: Thye Hydra Initiative

a part of “Mass Effect: The Hydra Initiative”, a fictional universe by Eisenhorn.

When Cerberus discovers a new weapon, a team of N7 Special Operatives is deployed to support a Spectre in reclaiming the weapon, but not all is as it seems...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mass Effect: The Hydra Initiative”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Mass Effect: Thye Hydra Initiative

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:55 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Mass Effect: Thye Hydra Initiative"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Mass Effect: Thye Hydra Initiative

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 am

heyyyyyyyyyyyy this looks right up my alley ;] I'll have a character app posted in a bit
I should go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 am

I have a question. The turians in this, are they the cannon ones listed in the wiki, which were said to be extremely fast and could jump like the raptors they were suppose to be? Or the ME3 ones, which were slow, awkward, clunky, and completely under powered in comparison to the krogans in almost every way?
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:12 pm

@Raidose: I wouldn't call them underpowered compared to the Krogans in ME3, but to each his own. While in full combat armor, a Turian would be too weighed down to actually do the raptor esq maneuvering your suggesting. If you want a Turian character who has access to good mobility, I would suggest taking a gander at the Turian Havoc and seeing if that sparks any ideas (Link). But beyond that, your average Turians are not jumping like raptors.

@Bromander: Your good to go, glad to see interest quickly.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Aw damn it. And yeah, trust me. Compared to ANY KROGAN CLASS, the turians had little to no point. ME3 tried to make them tanks, but gave them less health and shields than the krogan, but they weren't any faster. This meant they were like Krogan lite, same slowness, less awesome. And this made no sense to me, seeing as in ME1 you could have light armor. Also, This wiki page reinforces my statement that they should have been a lot faster than the sluggish and clumsy bastards in ME3.

And yeah, I've seen the havoc trooper. Sounding like a rocket taking off every time I want to jump does not befit someone who was hoping to be an ex member of the turian blackwatch. So I may have to pass here.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Well, I never played the Turian as a tank, speaking from experience both from the ME3 multiplayer demo (Turian Sentinal then) and currently as a Turian soldier (Basic, not the Havoc) they can take decent hits, as well as dish out some serious ranged damage (M-99 Saber + Marksman, or many sniper rifles) on par with other classes. They were not meant to be tanks compared to Krogan, more ranged support (Especially when playing Sentinal) while a Krogan could get up close and personal with just about any foe, and take a good beating. That just happens to be my opinion, though.

Apologies that things don't seem to fit the way you'd like, but just because they can't pull off a jump rivaling a raptor when in full armor doesn't mean they couldn't dive for cover, throw themselves out of the way of oncoming attack, ect ect. I never was too impressed with the lack of being able to dive out of the way of, say, an oncoming missile or Banshee attack (Perhaps taking a bit longer to get up then a standard roll dodge would have worked well). But if you are passing, thanks for taking a look and considering joining in!

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, what about having lightened armor? I mean, if I'm more of spec ops (Blackwatch), then I'd have lighter armor. Maybe I wouldn't be raptor-jumping, but I should still be able to get some air like a drell..... minus the flips and cartwheels.

And as far as the dodge, I don't understand why they couldn't do the side-step slide thing salarians, quarians, and geth do.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:06 pm

You will find no disagreement on the fact Turians lacking a dodge makes no real sense, at least in my opinion. No offense to Bioware, they were looking to keep classes balanced, but having something in that regard would be real nice when Banshee's and other instant kill enemies charge. Even if it was just a desperate sideways dive or throwing oneself backwards.

A combination of lighter armor and the training and skill from Blackwatch, I can see having more maneuverability than normal Turians. I'll just have to ask that its not overdone or abused, and to keep in mind that lighter armor, less able to stop heavy hits, all that. But yea, summary, light armor + training would explain being able to get some more maneuverability then your run of the mill Turian, but not as much as the more naturally agile races.

And a general statement, thanks in part to the discussion with Raidose so far! Don't feel that, if a multiplayer class doesn't have something, or a race doesn't have a certain class, it can't be done. I have no intentions of simply being that kind of person who shuts down a fairly good idea because "Its not in the multiplayer word for word!" kind of thing. If your unsure, ask, I'll be glad to work with an idea to make it work so folks can have fun with their characters.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Sweet! And don't worry, I won't. Max jump height is only about 8 ft, with length being only like 24ft. Both are only just above human records, which to me makes sense considering this is a freaking alien avian. Again, he's not agile, he just has what the wiki says turians have: very powerful legs. Basically, he can sprint fast and jump pretty high, but he can't do the acrobatic crap that drell can. I'll start making my little saboteur.... and soon there will be chaos.

Btw, hey Shepard!

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Glad to see the Rp has grown bigger then I thought, I didn't think we'd get much attention; did you Eisen?

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:08 am

THis has....interested me. Would you perhaps have room for a Turian and another Human?
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:11 am

I think we can make room, certainly.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am

HAI RAIDOSE! ;]

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 am

Spirits, that took a while to put together. Anyway, sorry for the wait but my Turian is done.

Though his page may need a little arranging. Damn it.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:18 am

Both Characters Submitted. Tried to make them as unique and interesting as possible!

Enjoy!

@Raidrose: Sabataur? Turian? As in the new one that has yet to be released? I want that character. Also my Turian is a Ghost Infiltrator, in case anyone is wondering.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:47 am

No, it's more of the Turian Rebel class, which Garrus was, but based more around the infiltrator class than the soldier class. Again, the multiplayer classes were pretty limiting. I mean, not every drell is a biotic, and salarians, geth, and asari have soldiers. I'm kinda going by "unless it's specifically stated that the species can't, or in unlikely to select that class, then why not?"

And Turians do have Spec Ops, the elites of which being Blackwatch.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Well, there is a Drell Infiltrator comming soon. As well as a Geth Soldier. The Asari are getting an Infiltrator and something else as well. ANd there are Volus.

....now I kind of am Tempted to make a VOlus character, just so we have one xD

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Eisen, won't be on most of today, just to let you guys know; If things look good, this rp will most likely start tomorrow. Other then that I guess there's really no need for any other announcements o-o, I personally am kinda looking forward to the Drell Infiltrator, I think it'd be fun zipping around with a Drell pulling off headshots and what not.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:58 pm

You know what'd be awesome to play as? An armored Elcor. Giant guns strapped to my back and armored like a tank, hell yeah! It'd be pretty balanced, considering how huge and slow they are, but give them low recoil and quick reloads (the weapons being turned into mini turrets) along with high health and shields. Essentially they could act like mobile weapons platforms, which would be great against a damn reaper rush.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Dont forget Homing Grenades :D AND Recon Mine. <3

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!