Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate

a part of “Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate”, a fictional universe by Sylwyn.

After nearly three thousand years, a crumbling empire faces devastation when it uncovers an ancient secret that may very well alter the course of the world itself.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 am

NEWSFLASH!

12/21/2012: If you're all still alive- and you'd better be, because as your humble Captain, I never gave you permission to die- All characters have been approved that are currently involved in Blood Fang Caves. Don't make me start poking people, cause I won't poke you, I'll poke your friends, your family, your favorite childhood toy. everything you love! Just kidding... or am I? xD. Catch you soon! And, toasties notwithstanding (because those are DELICIOUS), no, you don't get to use the apocalypse as an excuse. I already sat and mulled over the rest of the world's "plan b" (there was a headline last year about the mad prophet who had no plan b if the world didn't end then) this morning over a cup of coffee. Here's to another baktun, guys. Cheers!
Last edited by Sylwyn on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:51 am

I...am...interested. I'll check back when I can for more info.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 am

Awesome, the remake's up! I'll hopefully have my characters done by the end of the week.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:27 am

Okay, still making a few tweaks and twigs on the profile and adding some major outlines. Still figured I'd submit Trevan anyway for simplicity's sake. I should have him fully written and revamped at the end of the week. Tops.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:30 am

Still waiting to hear from Red, but I'm still working on the next part of the first chapter in the meantime. I added some links to the External Links, editing the same post for ease of reading, and updated the site to humans being discovered over ten thousand years ago, though they didn't actually form an empire until 3,000 years predating the story, and updated the Codex with Dresmouth, city in Wendyr, former home of the Aleanraheal line. Haven't gotten around to updating everything yet, but getting there.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Uhm...where might I find a map of the world, or at least of the Empire? I'm trying to plot my character's history out now, but it's difficult.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:43 am

The list of available locations is on the Codex. I have yet to make an official map, but if you PM me with the character race you are working with, I will answer back with the details if the description I will be posting up in the OOC categories for Locations doesn't help you. I'm still updating the site with fine details, so maps aren't exactly on my priority list. Open for design if anyone wants to give it a shot! ;) Otherwise, I'm adding and updating stuff now, again, so keep checking up on the external links for updates to the post with new, important links!

P.S. You may check out http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/ruyn-the-winds-of-fate/ under Places for all the places that were previously up to see what all is in the city, and a few other locations in Zamil.

Added timeline to External Links, so check it out. You may be missing vital info!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:29 am

Neko would love to join!!!!!

Even better, I can ask questions and speak in terms of D&D and be understood. So this makes questions easier.

What would be our approx starting ECL? In terms of class functions do you want exactly as in book or is approximation ok. (ex: a Warblade having Devoted Spirit instead of Iron Heart as one of their core disciplines).

Aside from humans, dwarves, elves and halflings, what other races would be available (checked out everything you didn't reserve for GM but the more info the better).

Correct me in I'm wrong but it seems to be that the humans of this world, at least in lifespan sound more similar to Tolkien's Numenor than your average human.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Uh... sorry pal, this isn't one of those D&D type roleplays. Classes are mostly a minor detail rather than something with levels and XP and all that jazz.

To sum it up in my own words, this game would be "more about plot and less about tanking for the DPS". =P

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks, GT >^.^<

And, no, the humans only have about a modern-day lifespan. If you read up on the timeline, you will see their lifespan was shortened. Hope this clears up any understanding.

Edit: Naming the Wendyr elves as our fourth race of elves based upon Norse mythology, and called the Light Elves. Still have yet to update the prologue to include their goddess, and have to create a codex entry.
Last edited by Sylwyn on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

yeah it clears stuff up. I just like asking questions using D&D as a kind of translation medium.

You know like a measuring stick so it's like "It'd be about this level" so we stay speaking the same language.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Updated codex with a name for the final elven types. I have been asked a few times what kind of elves the Aleanraheal were born from, and I have been on the fence. Finally found the Light Elves in Norse Mythology and decided to create my own version. Their codex entry is available for reading under "Elves," as the last paragraph, with a very simple explanation as to why their god was not mentioned in the prologue. Again, this might seem like a sudden change, but I have been planning this awhile now.

I am not adding the Ruri as a playable race, because there is currently only one known in the story, and that belongs to our other GM. They are practically folklore anyway, and so belong in literature, in my opinion. And mine's the only one that matters xD (kidding).

The last entry is one I have to skim and trim down before inputting. I'll do that when I get off work tonight, and then we have one literature entry along with it awaiting drafting. That is it. No more will be added after this, no exceptions.

If you haven't yet checked out our timeline link, or any other links for that matter, NOW is a good time to familiarize yourself with them. There are minor things not entirely crucial to the story I have to chronologically categorize, but for now, goal is to get first chapter done so we can all start. I will keep working on it, and if I have to for now finish it this part on my own while waiting for Red. Everyone works or has school, however, so bear with us and use the extra time to get your proverbial dung together. :D

Captain Syl,
Over and Out!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:21 am

Man, this is normally the type of thing I'd absolutely jump at but this site has made me leery of anything requiring effort. Almost always sinks which keeps me cautious. So tempting though..

That and it's got so many markers it's begging for an Old Man Henderson...

Oh, and sup Gamer~

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:40 am

Hope you do join. The lore really is just a guideline, you know, except for knowing the races, for anyone who wants in depth details and/or total immersion and understanding of why things are the way they are, such as Why the Heck is thee a Sci-Fi tag in your Fantasy World? Crap like that. Hence my "read the fine print." Plus, having a basis for the story helps keep things running more smoothly, and a general idea of where to go with the plot so there's a better chance of succeeding, as letting everyone go off on their own tangent all the time, I've seen, has been the downfall of too many RPs.

In a nutshell, the whole site would be a GM Bible and Player Entertainment.

Most importants for the player are probably the codex and maybe last half of the timeline. I already offered more details than I'd ever intended. xD Anyone who wants to know all can read all. Planning on turning it into novel, saga, trilogy, dunno just yet. We will see.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:57 am

Oh I am indeed debating joining but I have a penchant for three things.

Chaotic Evil/Chaotic Neutral Halfling bards/rouges that usually end up derailing things/backstabbing for kicks/Incredibly hostile towards NPCs.

Paladins! Who usually fall for having to much common sense then go all "NOTHEGODSHAVEAPLANSMITEVERYONE".

And Barbarians with Wisdom and Intelligence as...Well. They don't exist. Somehow I have a feeling my antics may leave me at odds with plot progress.

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:07 am

Then I think you'll fit right in. xD

Just about done with first chapter.. mainly copy and pasting crap and editing with my GMs. Still having trouble adding my other one though. Damn "username not found" again, though tried everything. The rest is a cakewalk. So tired right now I'm pondering on a literal cakewalk... everyone should be hunky dory to go come chapter two, however.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 am

Huh. I guess I have a lot of reading to do to see if I can work in my bard idea~

Starting with if the ability to enchant instruments exists..

Blazezon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:21 am

You can invent/enchant virtually whatever the bloody hell you want!

Within reason, I mean... You seem an intelligent sort. If it is creative and can make sense in a respectable fantasy setting, be my guest. I'll likely accept. The worst I can say is "go take your enchanted instrument shove it up..." *snicker*

Seriously, though.

The site isn't to tell you what to do or even how to do it, just express the creation that is our world and give players something to work with rather than just say "here, play!" :P and leave them scratching their heads. I do that well enough to most people when they just try to psychoanalyze me. Even I haven't figured out how my brain works. xD Off to sleep, now. Or something like it.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:02 am

Arg. To braindead to finish him right now. ;_; Submitted as a WIP, and I hope that's okay. Especially considering you aren't accepting yet, but still. Never hurts to disclaim actions~

Edit: Re-reading him is stirking me like he's a Mary Sue. I may need to take a flamethrower to him tomorrow. Yey reworded personality!

Blazezon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 am

I think I can say that Trevan is... Completed. Roughly. Because I'll never be satisfied with how my characters turn out in the end. Feel like I managed to make a Superwizard, so I'll be tweaking and twigging bits in that section still. In due time, of course.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!