Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Sacred Realm

The Sacred Realm

a part of “The Sacred Realm”, a fictional universe by HadoukenLSD.

Seven races on earth have been at war for centuries. The Old God's are furious and have demanded the eighth race to instigate peace, or else the entire earth mat be destroyed. How can seven chosen beings, born to hate each other, create peace? [OPEN]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Sacred Realm”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Sacred Realm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Sacred Realm"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
It's only after we've lost everything... That we're free to do anything - Fight club

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Sacred Realm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm

:3 Is no one interested?

>.< I sure hope so. That took me several hours to write. D:

I know the story structure is a little loose at the moment, but I kind of just wanted to see if anyone was actually interested in my idea and see what characters people created before I expanded on it. >.>

Am I being impatient? I'm just nervous, 'cause I have never put one of my ideas out there before.

^.^ *Gets all excited for people to be keen* Yayayayay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TornZero on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Yeah, you're being just a little impatient. xD

Anyways, I have an idea for a character; I'll be sending you a PM.
Remember: If you use an A in "definitely", you're definitely an A-hole.

TornZero
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:47 pm

OMG. Okay so I clicked on this and I was like no way. tooooo much writing. So I left. Then. I forgot and I came back >.> And now I'm afraid I have been sucked in and I want to be a part of this. So. I am very busy at the moment, but if you will let me reserve two characters, I will be able to have them in on Sunday. Does that sound good?

I would like a female werewolf, and a male character. I'm not sure what race for that one. I'm thinking some sort of vampire hybrid. I will PM you about that later. But yeah. If you are extremely impatient, like me, I can put the word out to a few people who may be interested :3
SuperNinjaRoo

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:20 pm

I might be interested in participating in this RP.

I'll wait for some characters to be posted up and see, as for what Race I'm interested in, definitely an elf.

Question: So The Elven race is divided by the color of their Hair? No Dark skin like the Traditional Drow (Dark elf in Dungeons and Dragons)?

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:06 am

TornZero:
Haha, I know I am, I'm just so eager. & I like your idea. :D

SuperNinjaRoo:
I was afraid the lengthiness would scare people away, but in the end, I feel like I didn't explain enough! Haha. I'm looking forward to hearing about your characters, and YES, definitely put the word out! :D

Firewind:
I thought about using Drow-type Dark Elves, but yeah... Just ended up with light hair/ dark hair... light magic/ dark magic type thing. >.<

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:08 am

Sorry for the crappy Character sheet, I'm usually better, but I am suffering from a block and a cold.
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey, I was kind of looking into joining this, really new to this roleplaying site and have never really done anything but post-by-post in the past, but I was looking at the Dark Elf and figured they would be, well, like another commented, like Dark Elves in D&D and similar RPGs, live in the Underdark, look drastically different from Wood or High Elves, that kind of thing. The description of the Dark Elves is very basic and I was wondering if I maybe missed something (I admit, I read rather quickly) or if you had any real definate on the states/locations of the elven kingdoms. Since I'm new to this style of roleplay, I think I would want to try a minor character, just some nobody Dark Elf, but if I did submit a character and become part of the roleplay, I was wondering how much freedom in the description of the surroundings and interactions in the Dark Elf kingdom I could have. And I know it says, "AS LONG as you are filling out one of the above character roles as well," which I would be glad to do... eventually; I just feel that since I'm not used to this style a minor character would allow me to, oh, screw up less? Sorry, I need to get a hold on my ramblings.
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm

WaltJRimmer:

Yeah, the two elvish kids are mostly separated by magic and religion more so then appearance. I realize some people are disappointed I am not using Drow-type Dark Elves, but yeah... Anyway, both Elf kinds live in forest cities with their varied cultures. In the Fair Elf kingdom, the elf of highest respect is the High Priest who communicates with the Sacred Ones and other worshiped beings. For Dark Elves, warriors get the most respect, living or dead as these warriors fight in honor of The Fallen.
You'd have plenty of freedom to describe the environment, interactions etc as I haven't put a lot of effort into describing the homelands of any of the races. If you have good ideas, I'm more then happy to follow them. There is a king in the Dark Elf kingdom, their priests communicate with dead warriors and they are not as attuned to nature as the Fair Elves. They are at war with the Werewolves who frequently attack their cities, and warriors are always being sent out on culling missions. Most Dark Elves have never actually seen The Fallen for themselves, as the demons tend to stay isolated, so much of what the Dark Elf religion is based on is guesswork, but all Dark Elves are taught what the elders supposedly know.

& yes, I can make an exception and you can have some random Dark Elf, just stick to the plot-line. Perhaps he/she can be an ally of my Dark Elf character. ^.^
I know I missed out a lot of information but I was feeling my introduction was getting too lengthy for people to bother reading, so I'll just elaborate on everything people want to know here.

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm actually intrigued on how that works. Alright color me interested Im ready to get a char made!

I'll get to working on a char or two soon. :D

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:25 pm

HadoukenLSD wrote:I know I missed out a lot of information but I was feeling my introduction was getting too lengthy for people to bother reading, so I'll just elaborate on everything people want to know here.

Thank you very much. Alright, knowing that I can more try to figure out how to go with any character I do make. I share a computer and the person I share it with sometimes writes newsletters so I may not be on for a few days in a row, but I'll try. I'll make sure I'm read up on everything and try to submit a character.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Im almost done with a Fair Elf! :D hope you'll like him!

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:58 pm

I change my mind, can I reserve a vampire, she will be a girl. And I wanna PM you about an idea. I can have her in tomorrow or late tonight!!!!

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Loving everybody's characters so far, and eager to start!

Just thought I would clarify a bit more about the races:
The Sacred One age very slowly and in The Sacred Realm, the mate by a sharing of energy and it isn't a physical act. Since the Guides have come to earth, all that physical stuff will be very confusing to them, since they suddenly have it and bare witness to it going on everywhere.
^ The Fallen were once like that as well, but since being kicked out of the Sacred Realm, they have lost their ethereal qualities. They age very slow, though.They now breed physically, but haven't figured out how to do that safely.
Vampires do NOT age. They forever remain the age from which they were turned. It was actually elves and The Fallen mating which created the first vampires, before the fighting began when The Fallen were still known as The Fiery ones & still had ethereal qualities, an unholy match that the Old Gods frowned upon. However, most of the vampires, elves and demons still remaining don't remember this fact, so it won't bother most characters.

I'm making one of the Sacred Ones now, and if anyone else wants to fill one of them we could get started sooner. ^.^

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby godsandmonsters on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 am

Hey!
It's been a while since I roleplayed but I'll try my best if you have any positions open? I'm open to taking on whatever species/class you feel is needed most :)
What do any of us have when words fail us?

godsandmonsters
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25 am

godsandmonsters:

Hey! We definitely need more of the Sacred Ones, if you would care to fill out on of those. That is the most essential.
The Demon role for the Chosen Ones is also open, as well as several leaders for the races and bad guys (of whatever race).
You can have up to 3 characters. ^.^

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:28 am

Hey everybody! I bet you're as eager to begin as I am!
I will be making the first post as soon as I return from work. ^.^

If anyone is looking to join after we begin, that's okay, as mentioned in the above post, there are still many important roles to fill.

Yayayay. I'm excited. ^.^

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Okay guys! First post is up. Go crazy! ^.^

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Firewind, the bird in your character's picture is a quetzal!! Those are so beautiful.

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 pm

OK, after submiting my first post, I feel I was too wordy and just made a long, boring post with a lot of unnecessary information. Am I being paranoid or is this concured with?

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!