Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rapture 1960

Rapture 1960

a part of “Rapture 1960”, a fictional universe by Captain Obvious.

A Bioshock Roleplay set during the events of the first game.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rapture 1960”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Rapture 1960

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Rapture 1960"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Rapture 1960

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 am

I Fucking Love That Intro!!! Oh please tell me I can be a Big Daddy in this! I've been wanting to do a Rapture RP for months! Bouncer all the way, bro!
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:10 am

"What was that, a roleplay crash? In the middle of this roleplay site? How is that possible?"

"I don't know, but you need to get ready to accept characters"

"Characters? Why are they going to be accepted?"

"Because we got a user comming. That means he never abandoned one, but was abandoned, and is willing to try again! Now hurry!"

Maybe not quite structured properly, but it should be close enough to make the message clear. I will try to have a character up soon enough....wait, what was that?

*Lights flicker*. "Is it someone new?".

Errr, anyways, il try to get a character up soon!! *flees for his life*
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am

You may indeed be a Big Daddy, Raidose. Thank you both for your comments on my intro, I was worried that it might seem too harsh but apparently it had the effect I was hoping for. I eagerly await your characters, little moths, hopefully they won't end up like young Fitzpatrick over there.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DocBlargle on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Awesome, I love bioshock. Its one of my favorite games. Is it alright if I make a character who works with Atlas, but knows that he's Fontaine (spoilers) due to being heavily involved in the old Fontaine gang?
Doctor Blargle, Mad Scientist.

DocBlargle
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm

I find that to be a very interesting idea. Please do.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vestiline on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:02 pm

With bioshock infinite on the horizon...I have found gold. I'll get a character up after work.

Vestiline
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Is it okay if my character has a specific gene sequence in his DNA that prevents ADAM addiction and becoming a Splicer?

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Another interesting idea. I'll allow it, but you might want to keep Ryan and Fontaine from finding out. After all, such a gene sequence could be very, very valuable.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh, thats like, going to be one of the top things about my character. He is specifically hiding his existence as much as possible at the moment (in a way)

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 pm

My first character is in. I kinda got the idea for him from Peter Jackson's King Kong. Anyway, I'll have Alice's sheet up in a few minutes, I gotta grab something to eat first.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 pm

And Alice is in. Can't wait to get this going.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:02 am

Approved. And while Delta is still my favorite Big Daddy, Mr. Thumper has just insisted that he make room for a second. I shall have my character up soon and then everyone can get in a post or two before Jack crashes the party, as it were. Also a tip of the hat to those who noticed the Portal 2 reference in the rules. And finally, Welcome to Rapture.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 am

Noticed it, but I was too amazed by the intro to acknowledge it (And it was a Portal 2 reference too, so the intro must have been amazing then obviously.....)

Also, at one point in this RP, we need to have all our characters standing side by side facing a large army of splicers charging at them, and then all of us charging in unison.

(Think Season 10 Episode 21 of RedVsBlue for those who have watched it)

Anyways, can't wait to start! (Can we please start right now please!!!! xD)

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 am

Everyone can make their first post, to establish where they are, what they're doing, etc.

As for all of us charging at an army of splicers, I couldn't agree more. Well, I could but to do so I would have to splice myself with the "Extra Agreement" tonic, which I just can't seem to find.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 am

So I was thinking of playing as a Little Sister whose mental conditioning had accidentally been broken, but whose physical condition, the ADAM slug, glowing yellow eyes, etc. remained unchanged. The idea would be that since it happened she's been roaming around Rapture trying to survive. However I wanted to ask you all what you thought first. Does it seem overly powerful?

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:25 am

I don't think it's possible for a little sister to be over powered. I could make an Alpha Series (Echo) to protect her though, if you want.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:37 am

The reason I thought she might be over powered is because she is essentially immortal with the slug in place, plus she clearly knows how to defend herself to a reasonable extent, since she's been surviving on her own till now. However I do like the Alpha Series idea. Perhaps he's been tracking her all this time but never actually caught up to her? He wouldn't have shut down since she's still alive and somewhere nearby. What do you think?

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Well, I don't thinks it's OP simply because it seams that everyone and their great aunt's second nephew thrice removed knows the secret of how to harvest the damn slugs. Meaning that not only are we going to have to make a pedo bear reference if she gets caught (like this!)

But she's also as good as dead. So I don't see any issue, unless, you know..... she turns out like this.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 pm

In the games defense; harvesting is rather intuitive. Step 1: Make hole in stomach. Step 2: pull out the slug before it heals. Step 3: Profit!

Just when I thought there were enough reasons for her to avoid getting caught...

But yeah weapon-wise the most she'd be able to carry is a revolver and her ADAM tool, although I would like to see what happens if a Little Sister uses a plasmid.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!