Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

World of Chrome

World of Chrome

a part of “World of Chrome”, a fictional universe by Flarezone.

A unique high fantasy world where many races exist. There are many different warring nations and terrifying monsters which roam the land. Now its time for a group of adventurous heroes to rise up. (DEAD)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “World of Chrome”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

World of Chrome

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:14 pm

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF CHROME
Feel free to introduce your self and ask any questions you may have!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Flarezone
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: World of Chrome

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:30 am

Hey, I'm pretty interested in making a character, but I was wondering, can I multiclass?
"Serve the Emperor today. Tomorrow you may be dead." - Thought for the day

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:32 am

Hey,
I'm interested as joining as a gnome or a halfling.
It's quite late where I am now though, so I'll fill out the form sometime tomorrow.
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:40 am

Sorry cha-kun. Classes are what they are :v)
However if you have a new class idea I am open to it. And Thadine feel free to make a character. I'll accept it as soon as I get back from work this morning.

Flarezone
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 am

Well, I'm always interested in a good fantasy RP--I'm interested in potentially joining with an elf or a dragonborn, although I'm curious now... Are you using some sort of d20 system or are we just doing the normal play-by-post stuff?

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 am

Okay, this looks really cool. I'm absolutely considering drawing up a character for this.

Imperial Waltz made me do it.

"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us.. for science.. you monster." ~ GLaDOS, Portal 2

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:02 pm

BlackIceRocker, the players will be doing the normal roleplay, but when it comes to battles I will be using the following program to decide the outcome of each attack.
http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm

When it comes to battles it will be like the following:

Me: The goblin warrior rushes you and strikes down hard with his sword.

You: I attempt to roll to the side and slash him at the side when his sword hits the ground

Me: Your dice roll is (12/20) You feel the goblins blade barely miss you as it nicks your shoulder. You quickly turn towards the goblin and swing your blade but the goblin notices and jumps back.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Pretty much like that :v)
You can also ask for a dice check and I will do a full role for you and tell you the results.

Flarezone
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:07 pm

How much are we able to flesh out the culture and treditions of the various races and factions?

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Once the RP actually starts, I will be GMing in great detail so that I can explain how the different groups/factions/races live and coexist.

HOWEVER

I already have all of the nations and races complete profiles. If you want I can add more detail to the nations (I already have the material to do so) And I can also create a new forum which goes more in depth on each race. (Again, I already have all the material)

Thoughts?

Flarezone
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:22 pm

That would be great.

I'm thinking of playing as a Dragonborn and wanted to flesh out the little customs like greetings, how they treat others, etc. But I'll gladly take whatever info you can offer.

Another question(feel free to address this in the full race profile): what are actual dragons like?

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Im glad you asked :vP
But seeing as Dragons are not a playable race in chrome I dont have a full profile for them. But I can give you a basic introduction for them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The Dragons of Chrome are divided into 2 separate groups:
Civilized and Wild

CIVILIZED DRAGONS
Main Trait: Inteligence
Lifespan: Immortal
Average Height/Weight: Because there are dozens of different species, it is hard to tell this. But they can be anywhere from 15ft to 100ft tall. (On all fours, head to toe) Although the largest dragons are rather rare and prefer to stay out of sight.
Located: Hundreds of nests scattered across Chrome. Usually away from large population centers.
The Civilized dragons are Immortal and coexist in nests (equivalent of families) which usually contains 2-8 individuals. Unlike their wild brethren, Civilized Dragons are incredibly wise, protective and intelligent creature. They mate for life and once that is accomplished their main concern is hunting, family life and raising children (Usually 2-5 eggs). They speak telepathically in Draconic, but they also have the ability to speak in a variety of mortal languages. They tend to view the mortal races with amusement and curiosity, but they understand that even one of these creatures could be a threat to their nests safety. Because of that, they have a genuine respect for the world and the people around them. Every once in a while Civilized dragons will be forced to relocate to a different nest. For example, a group of giants might have stormed their cave and the entire family was forced to escape. Or perhaps one of the children have become adults and wish to find a new place to start their own family.

WILD DRAGONS
Main Trait: Solitary
Lifespan: 2000-3000 years
Average Height/Weight: Same as the Civilized Dragons
Location: Scattered across Chrome, some have been known to set up a home just outside a major city. They are usually killed or forced away eventually but this gives they an excellent food source.
Wild Dragons are solitary beasts that roam the land. They are unable to speak mortal languages but have the ability to use common telepathic draconic. They are just simply wild animals, territorial towards other dragons. Unlike the civilized dragons, wild dragons are mortal and show no mercy or respect towards anything or anyone. They mate only once in their lifetime and for a time, they may live in pairs. But once the newly born dragon hatchlings are born, the male leaves and the female raises them until they come of age (about 10 years). Once they are grown, the mother chases them from her cave/den/layer seeing them as a threat to her territory. These are the monster that can destroy cities, level castles and burn forests.
Last edited by Flarezone on Tue May 07, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flarezone
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks. How do Dragonborn view their larger, meaner cousins? But I suppose I'll simply wait for your race profile to have that answered.

On final question for now: do Dragonborn have breath weapons or a magical equivalent?

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:51 pm

No, unfortunately they have no breath weapon/attack but because of their Draconic heritage the Dragonborn race has the ability to speak telepathically. (Only Elves and Dragonborn have this ability)
AND
They are well in tuned with magic. They originated as descendants of actual dragons so the magical power of the dragons is in their blood. Even a Dragonborn Warrior who has never used magic, has the potential to do so.

Flarezone
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Interesting. How extensive is their telepathy?

And I'll reserve further question until you have the race profile up.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Same as the dragons, They can only use Draconic telepathically. Plus, if the other person doesn't have this power then it is a one way conversation. If a dragonborn telepathically tells a human something, the human can only reply with speech.

Flarezone
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:39 pm

I've submitted a work in progress character, half-elf sorcerer. Will continue to work on it.

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:50 pm

keen, regarding the sorcerers. They are studiers of dark magic such as shadow manipulation, necromancy, illusion magic, ritual magic, etc. They are usually viewed with suspicion by almost everyone. Keep in mind there are many "good" sorcerers in Chrome, but they are constantly on the move because most communities don't trust the dark powers.

Another big difference between Wizards and Sorcerers, is that unlike Wizards who take years of learning spells and training to become powerful magic users. Sorcerers are born with an innate knowledge and ability to understand and use dark magic. Instead of taking years to increase skill, they are born with the ability to use this power, to them it is just a matter of controlling the power they have been given. Only a select few sorcerers actually exist in Chrome because the gift of sorcery is also rare.

Flarezone
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Hey, Mr. GM? I was wondering.. how exactly would non-humans - specifically gnomes - be treated within Ebony? Y'know, is there racism or prejudice, are they second-class citizens? Any of that sort of stuff?

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Im about to add a lot more details to each of the faction profiles.
It should answer your question :v)

Flarezone
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Hey, Imperial, I'm thinking I might also have a dragonborn something-or-other, probably a dual-weapon ranger or a fighter. If you want to possibly collaborate on character relations, let me know and we could work something out together, if you'd like.

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!