Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Desolation from the Shadows

a part of “Desolation from the Shadows”, a fictional universe by Kaname_Takashi.

With the new world order pushing them aside, six young people will fight to protect those that scorn them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Desolation from the Shadows”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:05 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Desolation from the Shadows"

Reservations can be made here. Feel free to ask any questions and Char and I will do our best to answer.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Desolation from the Shadows

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boku541090 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Well this looks fun. :D If possible, I would like to reserve the warrior for Lightning. :3

I have a question though... what type of creatures will we be against here? A picture and a description would be fine, as I was planning to tinker around with my char's history. :D

Also, what year does the RP start in?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

boku541090
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:21 pm

I'll reserve it for you. Just let me know the gender first, I like to keep track. :)

As for your question, creatures consist of just about anything, as many legends as we have in our world they have in this one. All the nightmarish creatures that little kids think are hiding under their beds.

There are mainly two types, those with higher intelligence and those that are more of a nuisance. Groups that take action based on their more basic needs, such as to eat, are the nuisances; like werewolves, skin walkers, and the like. There are some who stay in their own territories and won't bother with people unless provoked. Then there are others with a higher intelligence that prey on humans just because they can, for example vampires. You're welcome to get creative and bring in whatever folklore you'd like.

To say all creatures are bad would be like saying all humans are good, but there are those who are bitter after their fall from power once the warriors appeared and have basically made it their goal in life to destroy humanity. Those that are bad are the ones that we'll be encountering most often in this RP.

EDIT: As far as time goes, they have their own time. I can't really answer your question about that cause frankly I wasn't thinking about it haha. If you really need it though I can figure out some kind of time scale for you. You may have to wait though cause I have to leave for work soon.

EDIT 2: If worse comes to worse, we can use the same years as we have in real life. Figure the turn from BC to AD being the point at which the warriors first appeared.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Game Over on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:50 pm

I love the idea of this thread, can't wait to create a character.
Could you reserve a male warrior for water?

Game Over
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:53 pm

I haven't had a chance to read the plot in depth yet but would love to reserve a space?

A female for Earth is possible?

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:54 pm

I'll go ahead and reserve that for you Game Over, looking forwards to seeing what you come up with.

EDIT: And you too Polka.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Hey guys just introducing myself here! I'm Char, Kaname's co-gm. She'll be out for most of the day but I'll be around if anyone needs anything. Just shoot me a pm or post something here and I'll get around to it ^^ looking forward to seeing everyone!

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Game Over on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi, Char! ^^ Nice to meet you.

Also, I'm FINALLY done with my character.

Game Over
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby File on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:46 pm

May I reserve a female warrior for air?

As time passed, my anxiety grew.

File
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Game! I'll take a look at your character later, I can't make acceptance but I can at least let you know what I think ^^

File, sure thing! Unfortunately I don't have control over the home page but I can take reservations, so just don't panic if you don't see your name up there yet ^^

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby File on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:28 pm

That's completely fine, and thank you for reserving mine.

File
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:26 pm

I am starting my character now :D

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Me too! I'll be working on mine and looking through others so let me know if anything is needed ^^

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Mine is all done. If I need to add more or change anything just let me know :D

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:07 pm

May I take Air? I will have my character up within 24 hours!
"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"
— Kefka Palazzo

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:50 pm

My first character profile is up, so for those of you who have or haven't submitted yet I would advise a look through. Everything that is needed for a profile acceptance is inside, especially in the history section. Remember, your character (if a warrior) had a life before training, during training, and after. Thus, they've been with this group of people for a number of years, depending on the age at which their powers manifested themselves. You must also have a reaction to the forced retirement at the end of your history

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:07 am

I will add some more to mine :) I thought might as well get her up and then edit her once you have your up :)

EDIT** I have edited her accordingly

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boku541090 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:13 am

Sorry I haven't posted in the OOC, my char should be armed and ready soon! :D

He's a male. 17 or 18, still deciding.

boku541090
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:47 am

Rules state your character needs to be at least 18 Epicnukeguy.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Game Over on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:05 pm

I am editing the character. Terribly sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edit: It's all done~

Game Over
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!