Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Embracing The Bond

Embracing The Bond

a part of “Embracing The Bond”, a fictional universe by Dead.

Four witches emerge after magic skipped a generation, and fell onto them. They must find their familiars and resist breaking the forbidden rule.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Embracing The Bond”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Embracing The Bond

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Embracing The Bond

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

{GM & Owner}

Created by Dead

{Status}

Accepting Roles | No Posting Activity

{Setting}

Marbrooke – Maine. A large town on the Atlantic Coast surrounded with vast forests and chilly weather.

{Basic Storyline}

Marbrooke, Maine is a large town, enough to have a thriving community on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean with vast forests surrounding the rest of it. Here, they have many colleges, two malls, and enough businesses to keep it alive. But this town isn't only home to humans. It's also home to four bloodlines, all belonging to powerful witches that have just emerged into their prime as they are about to go through the temptation of black magic. The community of witches there all have been trying to rise to power, but only these four really have the potential, but the impact it could have on Marbrooke and other towns is deadly for their auras and their abilities are growing at an insanely fast rate due to their pure bloodlines. But here, in this town of trees and rocky ocean beaches, they will always find something else. Or something else will find them. Familiars, some born here and some journeyed from other cities to find them, each picking their witch and attaching themselves in a physical contact that will form a bond that is more intense then anything felt before. It is said to be the melding of souls, the attachment of life or death, for the familiar is to serve and protect the witch at all costs. For the the familiar dies, the witch will go on living. But if the witch dies, he/she will perish along with their familiar. But can they resist the temptation to be more then companions, protectors, and break the most forbidden rule of all time among magic users?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Familiars

Familiars are the protectors and companions of witches, born with the power to turn into one certain animal of one certain appearance, and the ability to turn into human form of one human appearance. They can turn between animal and human at will, usually picking an animal that can be legally domesticated and has the ability to actually harm an enemy that decides to attack their witch, but they have been known to be born in more docile forms and even wild forms of animal, from rabbit to wolf but usually attempt to be domestic instead of wild as it is easier to approach their witch and follow them around in the modern world. Familiars choose their witch, it is not the other way around, and once this is done by a ritual of physical contact and consent, the witch and the familiar will be bonded for life. It is said to be a melding of souls, becoming one, being able to reach each other's thoughts and communicate telepathically with each other and sense one one another is in danger and feel each other's emotions. If a witch dies, so will their familiar. But if a familiar dies, the witch will live on and can find another familiar. Familiars often also have some sort of small gift that could be a witch's main power, like telekinesis or some sort of elemental power but it is more restricted then the witch's powers and only used in dire need. When a familiar finds their witch, they get strong visions and emotions, stronger then they've ever felt before and use the power of vision to communicate and establish contact.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Witches

Witches are one of the most powerful mortal beings gifted with supernatural abilities on the earth. Normal things can kill them, like bullets and any sort of blade, ect. but they are quite good at defense with different sorts of magics. Although a witch can learn many different abilities, they are gifted with a natural born ability, magic, that will be more powerful then the other types of magic and gifts they practice. Witches usually begin noticing their abilities at a young age, and if they do possess it, it means many ancestors and relatives they have or had also possess this ability and that makes it a bloodline. Although some magic skips some generations, most witches tend to know when this happens, and avoid other witches due to the very large aura powerful witches can possess which causes rivalry and competition for power as well as the attention of black magic that tempts many young witches into going bad which can be devastating to towns, depending on the witch. The most powerful relic a witch can have is their Grimoire, a book of magic passed from witch to witch within their family; which gives them access to powerful spells, items, and rituals their family has attempted and succeeded in procuring and often also obtains warnings. When a witch has been chosen by a familiar, they will receive intense visions and communication, and often suffer from insomnia for the days that this endures until they find their familiar and complete the bond. Most witches who lose their familiars end up suffering great magic loss, and have trouble adjusting to life without them, some even taking their own lives. Their auras are extremely powerful, but they are subject to wound easily by mortal objects and poisons but often have a speedy retaliation.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Roles Available

{The Witches}

{| FC: Amy Lee | Name: Morrigan Blackwood | Age: 21 Years Old | Role: Witch # 1 | Species: Witch | Familiar: Familiar # 2| Taken by: Dead |}

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

{| FC: Matt Cohen | Name: Rayne Ravenwood | Age: 22 Years Old | Role: Witch # 2 | Species: Witch | Familiar: Familiar # 4| Taken by: InakoUchiha |}

{| FC: Katie McGrath | Name: Liliana Hawthorne | Age: 18 Years Old | Role: Witch # 3 | Species: Witch | Familiar: Familiar # 3| Taken by: Sanarith|}

{| FC: Taylor Kitsch | Name: Dylan Calder | Age: 27 Years Old | Role: Witch # 4 | Species: Witch | Familiar: Familiar # 1| Taken by: Marchie |}

{The Familiars}

{| FC: Meghan Ory | Name: Elizabeth Valdine | Age: 24 Years Old | Role: Familiar # 1 | Species: Familiar | Witch: Witch # 4 | Animal: Black House Cat | Taken by: SilverInk |}

{| FC: Tatiana Maslany | Name: Irisa Le Roi | Age: 23 Years Old | Role: Familiar # 2 | Species: Familiar | Witch: Witch # 1 | Animal: Large Dog | Taken by: ☿URANIA☿ |}

{| FC: Hayley Williams | Name: Desiree Monty | Age:[/b 22 Years Old] | [b]Role: Familiar # 3 | Species: Familiar | Witch: Witch # 3 | Animal: Domesticated Fox | Taken by: SAXYLADY15 |}

{| FC: Ian Somerhalder | Name: Klaus Teppes | Age: 22 Years Old | Role: Familiar # 4 | Species: Familiar | Witch: Witch # 2 | Animal: Large Snake | Taken by: TenThousandLies |}

{The Antagonists}

The antagonists are older half blood witches that have gone through their prime and do not hold as much magic as the pure blood witches going through it. Their objectivity is to corrupt these young witches, through whatever means necessary, to push them to use black magic and destroy the town of Marbrooke. They still hold grudges against the mortal families of Marbrooke for the Salem Witch Trials, which were extremely nasty to specific witches back in the day. Their goal is to ban together and make all the humans pay, especially the wealthy families that were mostly responsible for burning innocent witches and other innocent people who skipped the magic gene from their families.

{| FC: Angelina Jolie | Name: | Age: | Role: Antagonist #1 | Species: Witch | Taken by: Dead |}

{| FC: Meryl Streep | Name: | Age: | Role: Antagonist #2 | Species: Witch | Open |}

{| FC: Ville Valo | Name: | Age: | Role: Antagonist #3 | Species: Witch | Open |}

Rules

|| Commitment ||
I understand we all have lives outside the computer, but I want to make it clear that if you can't post twice about every 2-3 days, I don't think you should join the roleplay. I've had too many instances where people claim they can post and join but end up never finishing their character or never posting whatsoever so please DO NOT JOIN IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT. If you also need to have a hiatus/vacation during the roleplay, please let us know so we can figure something out, whether it's replacing you or playing your character until you come back. Just let us know!

|| Posting and Character Sheets ||
I expect at least one paragraph per post, and I expect proper grammar and decent detail for both your posts and your character sheet. I can be picky, and I want to make sure you can type well and post well so that this roleplay can be immersive and fun.

|| Reservations ||
I will change faceclaims if you want me to change them, but I will not change the gender of the faceclaim you want to change unless you can really convince me. I expect a wip up in 24 hours after reservations and would like sheets to be completed in two days of reservations. If I don't see it, I will give your spot away unless there is a good reason why it would take you more then two days to complete a sheet. Try to make your character sheet detailed please.

|| God modding and Interactions ||
Remember not to god mod, don't do the whole "my character punches yours and knocks you out," It would be "My character attempts to punch yours, and if the punch lands right, hopefully knocks you out." Just remember that. And please keep drama outside the roleplay to a minimum.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.
Last edited by Dead on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dead
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Embracing The Bond

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamingreality on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:46 pm

May I reserve the Meghan Ory face claim? :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dreamingreality
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:53 pm

dreamingreality wrote:May I reserve the Meghan Ory face claim? :)

Reserved for you right now.

Dead
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luna Delta on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm

May I reserve Hayley Williams please?
Rae x Haruka 4ever bro

< αηgεℓωσℓғ123 is a sтυηηιηg, υηιqυε, αмαzιηg αη∂ α ℓσvεℓү individual <3 >

Best digital care package sent by Sora~

Luna Delta
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Luna Delta wrote:May I reserve Hayley Williams please?

Reserving for you.

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanarith on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi, can I reserve Kaya Scodelario please? And if it's okay, I'd love to change her face claim to Indiana Evans or Jemima West, if it's okay. Ohhh, I've been waiting for a witch roleplay to come along for so long! I'd much prefer the former but I feel it's fairer if you decide. :-)

Also, I may not be able to reply. It's getting late here so I'll probably reply in the morning. Hope you are all well!
Forever in my dreams, where dreamer flown,
To the world above and greatly renown.
For its constant bubble, scaling of height.
Into the dawning sea and eventful light,
To dream the dream of dreamer's love,
Yet we stall our mind to fiction above.
Belong to life and green-blue flow,
To reddish hearts that we greatly show.

Sanarith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Sanarith wrote:Hi, can I reserve Kaya Scodelario please? And if it's okay, I'd love to change her face claim to Indiana Evans or Jemima West, if it's okay. Ohhh, I've been waiting for a witch roleplay to come along for so long! I'd much prefer the former but I feel it's fairer if you decide. :-)

Also, I may not be able to reply. It's getting late here so I'll probably reply in the morning. Hope you are all well!

Hello Sanarith. You were in one of my other roleplays, but I didn't see you post much. Things gotten better? I get paranoid about that type of thing.

Which face claim did you prefer?

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Would you mind answering a few questions for me? First, what is this 'forbidden rule'? Also, what is the gameplay going to be about once the witches and familiars bond?

LockandKey
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanarith on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:03 pm

Yes, ans I am super sorry about that. I had a lot going ob which I now don't, such as exams and supporting my friends. Also my pc is much more stable and isn't turning off in the middle of my work anymore, so I should be able to post a lot more.

I would prefer either, but I do have a previous character that was a witch with a fox familiar in a previous roleplay that I never actually got to start, but I personally wonder what you would think would fit the roleplay better. If you want to see the previous character, her name is November Mortlake and you are welcome to have a look if you like. C:

Sanarith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:04 pm

LockandKey wrote:Would you mind answering a few questions for me? First, what is this 'forbidden rule'? Also, what is the gameplay going to be about once the witches and familiars bond?

The Forbidden Rule is the law that a Familiar and their witch cannot have an intimate relationship with one another. Obviously, the one they share is quite special but the bond doesn't start out on a romantic level. I know, so cliche but I found it to be a role play starter.

Second, I am still working on little stories within the role play. I don't enjoy setting things in place since that usually constricts role playing in motion, but I had the idea in mind that since I mentioned the witches were just coming into their prime, the peak of when their powers went through a climax, they are more susceptible to black magic and their pure bloodlines cause a primal instinct to awaken and drive them to gain the most power; taking power away from other witches, from the forest, learning the most power, ect. It also causes rivalry which can involve attempts on other witches and familiar's lives, ect. I haven't set something yet, but I am certainly open to any ideas for further into the role play and am still currently working on some more narrow ideas.

I hope that answers your questions.

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Sanarith wrote:Yes, ans I am super sorry about that. I had a lot going ob which I now don't, such as exams and supporting my friends. Also my pc is much more stable and isn't turning off in the middle of my work anymore, so I should be able to post a lot more.

I would prefer either, but I do have a previous character that was a witch with a fox familiar in a previous roleplay that I never actually got to start, but I personally wonder what you would think would fit the roleplay better. If you want to see the previous character, her name is November Mortlake and you are welcome to have a look if you like. C:

I'll put a Jemima West gif up for you and reserve witch number 3, Kaya, for you.

Really? I feel so unoriginal now. I was trying to think of familiars that could be house pets, you know? And animas that could actually hurt someone. xD

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanarith on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:15 pm

I like the fox familiar though, Dead! Nor many people think of fox familiars. C: thank you very much, though! I will get a wip up tomorrow, as it's 20 past 11 here and I am pretty tired. See you tomorrow.

Sanarith
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Sanarith wrote:I like the fox familiar though, Dead! Nor many people think of fox familiars. C: thank you very much, though! I will get a wip up tomorrow, as it's 20 past 11 here and I am pretty tired. See you tomorrow.

Have a wonderful night sleep and thank you!

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InakoUchiha on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:51 pm

May I reserve the Freddie Stroma FC? But if at all possible I would like Matt Cohen instead if allowed, but I will use Freddie Stroma.

InakoUchiha
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:07 pm

InakoUchiha wrote:May I reserve the Freddie Stroma FC? But if at all possible I would like Matt Cohen instead if allowed, but I will use Freddie Stroma.

That's fine. I'll replace the gif and reserve it for you.

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:17 pm

These are the spots that are still open for the meantime, although there might be more if character sheets are not in by the time reservation time limit.

{| FC: Taylor Kitsch | Name: | Age: | Role: Witch # 4 | Species: Witch | Familiar: Familiar # 1| Open |}

___________________________________________________________________________________________

{| FC: Samuel Larson | Name: | Age: | Role: Familiar # 2 | Species: Familiar | Witch: Witch # 1 | Animal: Large Dog | Open |}

___________________________________________________________________________________________

{| FC: Ian Somerhalder | Name: | Age: | Role: Familiar # 4 | Species: Familiar | Witch: Witch # 2 | Animal: Large Snake | Open |}

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:50 pm

I'll like to reserve Samuel Larson's Fc if you don't mind :3

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marchie on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi, could I reserve witch #4? I could probably have him up late tonight. Just my input, I always prefer RPs with a story, in freeform I tend to just flicker out but a story allows me to always have ideas to post. Also I'm always open to brainstorming if you want to PM me.

Marchie
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Marchie wrote:Hi, could I reserve witch #4? I could probably have him up late tonight. Just my input, I always prefer RPs with a story, in freeform I tend to just flicker out but a story allows me to always have ideas to post. Also I'm always open to brainstorming if you want to PM me.

Sure. I'll reserve him for you.

As for input, how about you PM me some ideas if you have any for storyline after the witches actually meet and bond with their familiars. I sure could use some input too. I'm having a hard time doing that, as I usually fear making things too strict out of other people's interest in it, if that makes sense.

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:33 pm

GrimBones66 wrote:I'll like to reserve Samuel Larson's Fc if you don't mind :3

I replied to your private message about your request.

Dead
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!