Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Storm Shield

Storm Shield

a part of “Storm Shield”, a fictional universe by Angel_Eyes.

Fairytail universe fanfic. {CLOSED FOR TIME BEING} {Only a couple of male characters could be accepted at this point}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Storm Shield”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Storm Shield

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Eyes on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:19 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Storm Shield"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Eyes
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Storm Shield

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:55 am

Right... A Fairy Tail RP, huh? Despite this being a work in progress still, I'll express my interest in joining and will keep an eye on this for when it's all done.

That said, I was wondering what your stance would be if a character would already be an S ranked mage. I understand the need for everyone to be at an sorta equal-ish level, but I don't think it would make sense for... say, an experienced (and older) member to be at the same level as one who is much younger and less skilled.

If you feel you'd rather have no S class mages yet, that's fine, but since I tend to make my characters around mid- to late-twenties I don't think it's unreasonable to ask about the possibility for them to be an S class mage. ^^;
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eyliel on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:24 am

Ah, this was made pretty soon after my post in the Interest Check thread.

Anyway, someone in their twenties isn't really that old yet. I was thinking of making someone closer to forty years old myself. Plus-minus five years. Though I haven't fully decided on it yet, so...

My current vision of my character is a woman who is normally a very nice person, but the moment she enters a battle she becomes someone with a god complex and a feeling of infinite superiority towards others. She'd be saying things like "kneel before me, maggots!" to her enemies (and possibly allies).

Still, just ideas. Haven't decided on anything yet.
"Here's da plan: win. If we lose, it's because ya didn't follow da plan."

Eyliel
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Eyes on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:33 am

@ byte

It's not a rule that players must create their characters at B-Class. I simply suggested it as the Guild was new so realistically I presumed there wouldn't be overly strong individuals joining it straight off the bat. Strong members tend to join well known Guilds.

If you wish to create an older character whose already a well established mage I don't have a problem with it.

The introduction page won't be detailed as I reviewed this idea in an interest check. Plots and ideas are still being developed for this role-play and it will be a group collaboration. So if you were looking for a role-play that already has a developed plot this wouldn't be it.

Here's a link to the interest check in case you wanted to browse it. fairy-tail-concept-idea-t93779.html

@ Eyliel

That would be quite amusing, and would probably get her in a lot of trouble. Would you like to reserve a power Class?

Angel_Eyes
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eyliel on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:42 am

Hm... Well, I think my character, the one I have in mind right now, would be at home at A-Class (or maybe even B). And would likely stay there until the end unless something strange happens. While she would have immense power, she is extremely limited in its use, making her being a genuine S-Class almost impossible.

Basically, she can switch between being a Glass Cannon (all offense, no defense) or a Stone Wall (all defense, no offense), and the switching takes several seconds, which is far too slow in a high-level battle. And her top speed is a slow walking pace. So she is pretty much a case of crippling overspecialization. If you're fast enough or can keep her on the defensive, she's no threat at all. And for that reason, her combat capability is not enough for being S-Class. She always needs support in order to fight properly.

So most likely she'd be A-Class. Promotion to S-Class is possible, but very, very unlikely unless she manages to conquer her weakness somehow. Which I don't see happening without drastically changing her type of magic (or maybe learning another type of magic to support her main magic type... that might be possible).

Eyliel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:51 am

Glad to see this up finally. Now to decide if I want to create a A or B ranked mage. I am leaning towards Celestial Spirit magic just because of how creative I can get with it ^.^. Are you going to be limiting on the types of magic users?

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Eyes on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:55 am

@Eyliel

Well I'll reserve an A-Class for you :)

@SilverInk

As I said in the rules, I would like variety. If I see too many similar magic types, I'll out a cap on it.

Angel_Eyes
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:57 am

Ah, I see. Thanks for the quick response....hmmm I could go custom with my magic, but I already have an idea for my character. The struggle is real...what would you consider tattoos though holder type magic. Considering they are needed to activate the magic.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:17 am

Hmm, I've come up with a bare-bones idea for my character that would place them as a B-rank. Probably a fresh recruit for the guild. She'd have been part of them a week or two tops, depending on how long the guild exists at present.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eyliel on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:32 am

Ah, by the way:

Angel_Eyes wrote:I simply suggested it as the Guild was new so realistically I presumed there wouldn't be overly strong individuals joining it straight off the bat. Strong members tend to join well known Guilds.

Regarding this. Since my character is a more experienced, powerful mage (though with her own problems that severely limit her ability), she would be normally joining a more well-known Guild, as you said.
So I thought about the reason she's joining this new one. I was thinking that perhaps she is an acquaintance of the Guild Master, and was invited to the Guild? Of course, then there's the question of how exactly they know each other.

And on a side note, I suppose I might need a picture for my character? I wonder if I'll succeed. 'Tis quite a hard task...

Eyliel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Eyes on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:05 pm

@everyone

Hmm...would it be easier if people just start out however they like? There are three current s-class positions. Those who reserve them can start off at s-class level. Same for the other classes. Otherwise everyone's going to be unsure. Just have a reason for starting this guild and not another.

Let's say the guild has been open for a year?

Angel_Eyes
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:11 pm

A year works fine for me..I think I am going to go with a B-Class mage.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Eyes on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:13 pm

As for tattoos...not too sure. I suppose it would count as a holder type magic. I'll reserve you a spot now.

Angel_Eyes
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:15 pm

Same. B-class spot for me it is.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eyliel on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Just had an idea. Perhaps she has family in the Guild? Maybe a younger member is her niece or nephew? She might have been invited by them?
Anyone interested in having their character have an aunt with a god complex in battle?

Eyliel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm gonna reserve an A-class spot for the celestial mage I was planning on doing in the interest check if that's okay. I was considering doing an S-class but I really want her to be kind of working her way up to S-Class which I think will work with her personality. Also, as per gate keys I was wondering if you'd message me about them so we could discuss it.

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Hopefully it's all good with both Soul and Angel if I also declare my character for a celestial mage, but with a different focus on older/'displaced' constellations that are no longer used by maps etc. It's a smaller list than the modern chart as well.

Here's the list of former constellations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Former_constellations

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Eyes on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:43 pm

Yeah that's fine but you'll have to discuss with Lostsoul about keys and who has what. That will be all for Celestial mages though. Two is plenty.

Angel_Eyes
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Wonderful, thank you Angel ^ ^. I will definitely send her a PM to figure this out.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Looks interesting! Love me some Fairy Tail! Anyways, love to take me a A-Class Wizard. Unless you need a S-Class. I got a few questions.
1. Are we going to be split up into teams? I know you're still working on it, so I was just curious if that be something you'd want to do.
2. Can we use a anime FC?
3. Finally could I possibly make my character a dragon slayer? I was thinking about making him a second generation dragon slayer that had a dragon lacrima implanted in him like Laxus. Maybe Earth Dragon Slayer magic? If not that's alright I don't really need him as a dragon slayer. I just thought it'd be interesting to be a artificial dragon slayer.
I'm really excited about this.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!