Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Safe Harbor

Safe Harbor

a part of “Safe Harbor”, a fictional universe by AmeliaIsGhostly.

The Safe Harbor is a gathering place of those who hold supernatural abilities. Here they can train and learn to control their powers, all the while trying to stay hidden from society. But what happens when one of the old members threatens their haven?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Safe Harbor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Safe Harbor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Welcome

If you have any questions at all feel free to let me know! Reservations last for 48 hours unless you need an extension, if so, just tell me. For the antagonist character I would prefer it to be a second character just because he’ll be in and out a lot, so if someones interested please feel free to take him!

As for the male character “The Two 2”, whoever takes him just message me and we’ll come up witha history for him and my character, the other half.
..........................................................................................I must have flowers, always, and always.” ― Claude Monet

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Safe Harbor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Toxic Cereus on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Oh my goodness! You're back. I've missed you so! *tackle hug*

Anywho, I know all your RP's are wonderful, so may I reserve a female spot, FC Emilia Clarke, with the ability of water manipulation?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Toxic Cereus
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Ah, I missed you too!!

And it's all reserved for ya! ^^

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:39 pm

@Amelia:
-Joins in the tackle hug along with Toxic.- Hi! Haha.

But I'd love to reserve the found male two with the ability of Atmokinesis. I'll make it as where he is not so overpowered with that ability and the face claim I'd like to use is Jacob Artist, please.

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:58 pm

My FC is gonna be the same as last time. Jeremy Sumpter.

"You see... I'm not mad. CHAOS isn't mad. I've SHOWN you the REAL WORLD. Shown you CHAOS. And hopefully you went sane. But killing chaos... you can't kill CHAOS. And you can't keep it locked up for long..."

Savader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Can I has a male? His FC shall be Connor Jessup, and powers...um teleportation? Would that be ok?

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:31 pm

@Dumisa, woooo! He's on reserve for ya!

@CutUp, sure thing!!

Also as a side note, someone reserved two twin male characters, so I'm adding them in~

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Sweet! I'll get cracking on him ASAP!

For your enjoyment:

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ☿Urania☿ on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:04 pm

Ah! am I too late!? I was wondering if the last female role, female 3 was still open so I can snatch her up! If she is still open can I please reserve her?! I will post her Fc and Abilities in a bit, I'm rushing this because I have to get this dye out my hair but I wanna get the spot before someone else does xD. Anyway! Expect the rest in about fifteen minutes!

EDIT: Well I am back and have found my Fc, it'll be Amanda Seyfried and her power will be Pain Inducement or Manipulation, however you want to put it :)

☿Urania☿
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:28 pm

It'd be nice to have another female character. It's a tad unbalanced right now ^^"

Savader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Whoo okay urania its all added to the first page! ^^

I think that's all the roles we need for now! I just put a little message on the front however that if someones still interested just to message me. All we need now is the antagonist of the story. He can be NPC but I really prefer him not to, it might just add confusion n stuff.We could do a lot more if someones playing him. However if no ones interested, I can play him! Yeah I'm just gunna take the character~

EDIT: Also, if y'all would send me a gif to your character I'll add it to the front page! c:

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:55 am

Oh god... that is so painful to read. Why does everyone on RPG want to use silly fonts now?! In the good old days everyone liked the default font. Euchk.

It's going to be a struggle but consider this my reservation of interest while I try to read the main page.

While I may have exaggerated, I still prefer the default font.

Anyway, it'd be great if the reserved list was numbered and didn't have all the |information| |like| |this|; it makes it hard to read. I can't tell if the (Ameliaghost) outside of |these| is you saying the antagonist has be reserved or if it's a footnote or if I'm going crazy. I have experience playing erratic villains like the corrupt DEA agent in the greatest movie of all time, Leon: The Professional or somesuch similar appears-to-be-sane-until-displeased (antagonist in 5th Element, Doc Holiday in Tombstone, Wyatt Earp in Tombstone, the leader of the Cowboy Gang in Tombstone... god I watch that movie too much).

If the antagonist is taken, however, and one is the story's limit, I would like to play a conventional character. I have a number of questions, though:

1: No direction is given with the powers. Anything from teleportation to earth-shattering mental nukes is on the board.

2: What is life in the Haven like? Are residents permitted to own weapons? If so do they have to follow US Federal and Maine state firearm laws? Do they need to work jobs and do anything to support the manor? Are they pledged by oath to defend and protect one-another?

3. I assume by the reference to social media this is a modern-age story. As it takes place in Maine, 1980's industrial America immediately jumps to mind-as does Fallout 4, which was recently confirmed to take place nearby. Were either of these influential in your location decision?

4. You said that plot development will progress via OOC discussion. If that is true, is there some direction to plot? If it's consistently "Antagonist wants to kidnap people" "People don't want to be kidnapped" that sounds like a one-trick pony, but if it runs the spectrum of saving the day from supervillains to deciding who gets the decoder ring at the bottom of the Cheerios, it sounds like the BBEG would be sitting out a lot.

Sorry if the forward sounds a little pretentious. I absolutely cannot read the italicized blurb at the beginning without copy-pasting to Word, however.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:46 am

I will answer your questions, however all spots are reserved and I don't quite feel like making an exception at this point in time.

The username inside the brackets are just who plays it. The antagonist is a second character, as played by me. It will just be simpler as the role is going to be a tiny bit complicated and would be much easier to execute and use as a second character. As for the layout, I'm sorry that you seem displeased with it, but it's the same style I've been using and am probably going to continue using. I agree however it should be a little clearer, as usually it is. It's just the font I used this time 'round that makes it a little more difficult, so I will go fix that now.

1) No direction is given with the powers because I didn't feel the need to give direction. I did state I would have to approve it, as I have been doing through private conversations. I've just been making sure that no powers have been doubled up, and to make sure there's no power that would necessarily rule over the rest in a god modding sort of way.

2) The Haven is very open. As long as they are not threatening their safety, or the others around them, they are generally free to do what they want- wether that be getting a job or not. Of course a couple of them would need jobs as to have money to survive, yet some of the characters would be unable to if they are on the run. I will make sure to type up a list of other such "rules" the Haven might have for the other members to look at. Keep in mind, I would be fairly oblivious to any of your weapon laws in general as I am Canadian and not American. One can only research so much.

3)It is modern age. The only time I usually offer up any sort of dates is if it is set in the past or the future. The social media and television aspect was also put there to put some sort of timeline there. As for the location, to be frank I picked it at random. I knew I wanted it to be set in Maine for the simple reason of why the hell not, so I looked up some smaller towns in the state. Boothbay Harbor just seemed to work, because I liked the idea of it also being a tourist area. Also, as Savader knows, I thought it was funny because at that point I'd already decided to call the roleplay Safe Harbor; now the title holds double meaning.

4) As a Game Master, I know I need to be the one to come up with story and such, but I also like to have other people there for discussions of the specifics. That way It's not just my role play, It's everyone else's included. I know some people think this is stupid and me just being lazy, but whatever, my reasoning is my reasoning. I was just about to go set up a plot thread right when I read this message, as Savader had come up with an idea to pitch to everyone. So there will be direction.

That's essentially it. Sorry for my silly fonts.

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:28 am

The only complaint I have is choice of formatting; sorry if you took any of my numbered questions negatively.

You say all of the roles are filled, however I think you are not using the nomenclature in the traditional sense. That being so, would it be difficult to allow one more tag-along writer? Is your concern that a certain mixture of men/women or number of characters is important to the story, or is your concern that too many cooks spoil the broth? I, being the half-glass-full kind of guy I am, follow the philosophy of the more the merrier. Also I'm desperate and this is the second RP I've seen posted with a halfway legible introduction longer than the two-six buzzword-riddled sentences the droves of cliched romance-fantasy teenage dregs usually slap together and immediately abandon.
Since you answered all 4 questions with actual thought, I'd think you're more willing to open another spot than you realize. *waves hand like Jedi master*

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:41 am

I didn't take any of your questions negatively, they were very good questions and I was happy to answer them. I simply just took the manner of the rest of your comments as ill-mannered.

And you are correct, I do tend to think as you put it, "too many cooks spoil the broth." However, I am open to more roles, but that person would have to send me a private message pitching their character essentially so I can really make sure they would be adding to the roleplay. If I'm going to be frankly honest here, you haven't exactly given my the best first impression of yourself so I'm more reluctant to open up a spot.

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:40 pm

That's fair, and I'm willing to carry my own weight in pitching ideas for another character. The only problem is I don't know what the story needs. And there's nothing to go off of as far as what "roles" the rest of the party is fulfilling.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zoey26123 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:32 pm

So, I finished the boys. The info is in but the character sheet is rough. I have a flight in three hours at three AM so I must sleep. I will fix the character sheet's beauty when I'm back. I will be gone for a few days so you may need to have the boys just have gone out to do something for a few days, but I will be back within five days. I Promise! THanks!

Zoey26123
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:02 pm

@Zoey, have a safe trip!!

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:43 pm

I never got an answer.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:00 pm

I have given you the same answer twice now, and It still stands. I'm not making another spot.

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!