Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Game of Magic: Defenders

Magic Based Questions

a part of “A Game of Magic: Defenders”, a fictional universe by Mr. Baneling Squishy.

When one hundred children are taken from Earth's normal plane and into a place known as "The Astral Plane" or Zaael, it is up to these one hundred children to play this deadly "game", explore this world, and save both worlds.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Game of Magic: Defenders”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Magic Based Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:26 pm

Since I thought quite a few people might ask me questions reguarding magic, I created this thread just for that. If you cant find the answer already here, then feel free to ask! Here are a few freebees.

Q: Why is Enchanting a Class and not a Style? What falls under Enchanting alone anyways as a class?

A: Because there are different types of enchantments. Passive Enchantments are always in effect, and once placed, dont cost mana, but are typically very weak. Other Enchantments must be activated by the user, and will require mana to activate/sustain the effect, but are more powerful. As for what types of enchantments, the Enchantment class itself must be combined with other classes to utilize it. Essentially, an Enchanter must use Combos. Combining Magic Classes is something you can do, but be smart on what combinations you choose.

Q: What is Chaos Class? In detail please! And what is the difference between it and Sensory Style?

A: Thank you for asking with a please. Chaos is illusions, headgames, and the like. Its often used with the Sensory style, but not always. A person with a keen mind might see through Chaos, as it is more direct, but sensory style plays on the senses itself. Your senses will actually feel and register these things. However, if you have acute senses but not as keen of a mind, sensory style will be less effective then Chaos, as those with keen senses will see past the fake senses so long as they are more accute then the level of the spell. Chaos bypasses the nerves with those senses and goes straight for the brain, so those with keen senses will still get fooled by it.

Q: Are we limited to what we chose?

A: Yes and no. You can learn other things, but it takes time, patience, and your selected styles and classes would be more effective to train and stratagize with. Plus, you run the risk of the magic exploding in your face with some spells. However, if you do successfully add to the list you can access, it can be very beneficial if done right.

Alright, those are your three freebees! Any more, just feel free to ask!
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!