Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Welcome To The Future Brave Knight

a part of “Welcome To The Future Brave Knight”, a fictional universe by Specmarine.

When a magical experiment goes wrong, a group of knights are sent into the future by mistake.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome To The Future Brave Knight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:26 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Welcome To The Future Brave Knight"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Welcome To The Future Brave Knight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:29 am

Hey Spec! I'm glad to see you spread your wings. I don't have a laptop at the moment, but when I do I'll be back.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Currently most of my RP's have DIED FROM LACK OF MUTHA TRUCKIN DEDICATION! EVEN THOUGH IT WAS IN THE RULES!!!!!!

Yeah...I decided to try something fun and since there was no RP about past to future, I thought. "Lets give it a shot." Anyways....I look forward to seeing you.

*Update*
Welcome to the RP!

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:39 am

UPDATE!:

I will begin on friday or until we have at least 3-4 pple.

And thats about it...

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:03 am

Two quick questions before I submit my characters-- what races are their other than humans and what type of magic is used in Centralia?

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Races of Centralia- Humans are the normal in Centralia, however there are elves, dwarves, and many other races living in the kingdom as well. If you can think of it, they may be living in Centralia however demons and the like are banned from the city...the whole possession and soul taking is not fun for anyone...

Magic- The commonly used types of magic in the kingdom are the elemental types such as fire, ice, etc. Healing magic, and much more lesser spells. The more rare types of magic are mind reading, far sight, anima(the ability to give life to any object, creating golems, elementals and such.) advanced elemental spells, and much more advanced spells. The practice of the dark arts and such are banned in the city, however a very few people posses such an ability, allowing them to raise the dead, drain life, even make pacts with demons.

Weapons- Technology in the world has not advanced past bows and swords. But if you can think of any fancy weapon or staff, it will exist in this world.

Armour- From leather to plate to cloth, there are many different types of armour to choose from.

Hope that solves any questions.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:04 am

Yeah, that helped. :) I submitted my second character as a WIP because I need to go to sleep now. I will finish him tomorrow.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:27 am

The RP is pretty... eh, bare.

Are we all members of an organization meant to protect this archmage? Hapless citizens sucked through time and space when the portal opens?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:45 am

I should have explained that XD.

Anyways *ahem*

We are all part of the Centralian kingdom. We are not part of any organization to defend anything. All we are are knights who have survived the war long enough or drafted later on in the war to reach this point.

I will explain why us knights are here are not fighting and dieing in the front lines in full detail in the RP, but right now we are gathered to hopefully clear a path for the citizens that have evacuated in the capital so they can start anew. The knights and maybe a few civilians may come with us(If anyone wants to be a plain 'ol civi) to the future.

I hope that answered your question MCP, if you have more just ask and i'll TRY to answer it.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:46 pm

...can I play an ancillary adviser and his traveling companion, who are important enough to be known and present for this event, but neither are formal members of the knighthood?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:43 pm

You can if you wish.

*UPDATE!*
Looks like we are on track to getting this RP started! I promise the actual RP will have actual work put into it...unlike my lazy intro XD.

So we will 100% start this week on a Friday. So get ready for Drama! Action! Adventure! And those very silly moments! Coming soon in two days!

Peace out!

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:56 pm

I got characters kind-of-submitted. My laptop wanted to restart so I had to stop working.

I had to take a lot of creative liberties and assume information the RP doesn't have. Who the hell is Centralia even fighting? Why?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:08 pm

I should create a RP in the morning and not during 3:00 AM at night....XD.

The Kingdom is at war with the Kingdom Of Grandun. The reason for the war is because Grandun wanted to expand their borders which resulted in a town from Centralia being destroyed in the crossfire. Centralia wanted an official apology and for Grandun to fix their town, but they declined and decided to keep the town for themselves. Soon Grandun's army began to march through Centralian soil and war was the last solution to stop them.

Any more questions? Go ahead and ask.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:12 pm

what's the history of their relations? What did the Centralian economy specialize in? What are the major religions? How are race relations? What ethnic groups hold power, and why? How much land has Centralia lost? Who is its ruler, and why? Is war sustainable for both sides? So on and so forth...

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:59 pm

explanation time!

*ahem*

The relation between the two kingdoms were...Not the greatest. Grandun was always power hungry, seeking out sutible patches of land to start mining operations to forge more weapons and metal, cut down trees to make room for large castles and to create siege weaponry. Centralia and Grandun met a few times to try and limit eachothers power and on the surface they agreed, but Grandun secretly kept recruiting soldiers and building more weapons.

The Centralian economy specialized on all sorts of things, food, silk, wood, metal, clothing, supplied, even magical items. But to put it simply they were a "Jack-of-all-trades" type of economy.

Religion differs around the land, Centalia worships multiples deities. For example a farmer would worship a god/godess of the harvest. A soldier would worship a God of war, etc. Meanwhile Grandun only viewed their king as a "god"

Throughout the land however, people worship many types of religion from both kingdoms, to lesser known gods from ancient days, or even demons.

Race relations differ from place to place, Centralia is not biased from different races from living in the city, but you will on rare occasion find someone who hates people different from themselves.

Grandun is a very biased against all non-humans since they see themselves as the new rulers of the land.

During the war, Cenralia lost most of thier land under their banner and they only hold their capital and the land around it.

The current king is King Pedwin Darvis The IV'th. The former king could not have children so after his eventual death the people had to elect a new king. King Pedwin was chosen as the next king since he promissed he would enure the peoples happiness and keep the kingdom safe. True to his word, he kept Centralia safe and happy during a long 30 year rule.

The war between both Grandun and Centralia: For Centralia they have resources to produce necessary equipment to fuel a army, they managed to hold on with sheer fortifications and eager people ready to defend their land. However Grandun does not have the vast amount of resources compared to Centralia, they do make up for this with elite training, regiments, and backhanded tricks such as attacking them without saying a word.

In a long term war, Centralia would win but Grandun wanted to end the war as quickly as possible and using lightning fast attacks and hard hitting battalions, they managed to break through Centralian soil.

And thats all the questions answered...I think...
If you have any more just ask.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:39 am

What's the government structure? How committed is Grandun to taking the capital? Is the war currently a stalemate? How prepared is Centralia for a siege? Do they fight at the edge of their borders, or has the Centralian military fallen back, leaving Centralian citizens in the buffer zone to their unfortunate fates? How is public approval?

Where are the characters, why are they where they are, and what is this "experiment" that's being done?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:51 am

slightlyinsane wrote:Being an elf, Caclia is stronger, faster, and can take more hits than a human.

I... that's of some concern, and will likely be a point of contention. Spec, there's zero RP information on what the differences are between humans and elves. I defaulted to LotR/D&D, which presents them very differently than Slightlyinsane's experiences seem to.
(Not here just to talk shit, SI; I'm nabbing that armor picture for future uses)

Also, if someone is a knight in an actually organized military structure, why is one guy in W40K armor and one woman in Skyrim fan art...?

And one of the characters has "slightly curved katanas," which cliches and teenagerism aside, again creates an immersion struggle.

I don't understand SI's elves or the direction anyone else took with their characters.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:26 am

Actually...In my history elf's are faster and stronger then humans...from my knowledge...if we do need to have some sort of pros/cons for this, I will make something but for now I don't see to much harm in letting other races be better then humans.

For the W40k armor...It looks cool for a knight and although it is somewhat techy looking, we can think of it as platemail.

For the guy with curved sword...He is still new so give the guy credit for at least joining up.

And like I said...3:00 A.M when I created this...My mindset was this:
"Man it would be cool to have a past to future RP, but should I take time to make a cool intro and make it look cool...oh wait! Most RP's on this site tend to die in like a week, I don't wanna spend a lot of time and nurture this when its going to DIE! LIKE ALMOST EVERY RP I JOINED SO FAR IAFHBFIHAFIAF."

Now for your previous questions

*ahem*

The government system in Centralia is a democratic system, or for the people of the past, "Letting the citezens vote for what needs to be done around the kingdom." Granduns goverment is a dictatorship, their king, Carlos Yagez controls everything in his kingdom.

Gradun is very committed to taking over the capital of Centralia, since there are no other major kingdoms close to them and thus they have no fear of a sneak attack.

Centralia is badly losing the war, all they have left is the capital and a few patches of land around it.

Centralia is indeed prepared for the siege, I will explain in the RP how long they exactly lasted and how they survived the continuous siege for so long.

The fighting takes place across the land, first it was on the borders then the fighting continued onto Centralian soil. The army was forced to fall back but not before making sure to evacuate the civilians before pulling back.

The public approval...I am guessing your question has to do with the war so...
The public opinion on the war for Grandun is unopposed due to the fact that civilians fear for their lives. In Centralia, the people are rather patriotic to the cause, regular civilians are actually joining up in the defense of the city(Hint: reason #1 why they lasted) and are eager to fight for their kingdom.

The characters will start inside or around the capital, possibly fighting a few Grandun soldiers on their way to the capital. The reason for heading to the capital was orders from the king, the head of the elite(me) and a few others were ordered to come to the lower levels of the capital, everyone else had the option to go with or stay behind, most deciding to stay behind so they can fight.

The experiment...There was no such thing teliportation or blink magic in the entire land, so the experiment was to mix a variety of different magics until they got something which was capable of moving an object across vast distances in a matter of seconds. There were some bugs that had to be ironed out...most notably exploding into gibs...but that only happened twice...*nervous laughter*

finally my opinion about immersion...we are going to the future as a bunch of knights, archers, and mages. I doubt a slightly curved katana would be the thing to break immersion.

Any more question? Go right ahead and I hope I answered your questions.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:39 am

Dexterous/quick, sure, but elves are more durable than humans? That's... hokey.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:55 am

OK maybe the durability part may not be true...I can ask slightlyInsane to change it tomorrow since its like 10:00 here and I doubt he/she is awake at this time.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!