Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Resistance: Shadow of the Tyrant

a part of “Resistance: Shadow of the Tyrant”, a fictional universe by Firewind.

A Kingdom was enslaved by a ruthless Emperor, A people wanting revenge. A rebellion to begin. (more inside!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Resistance: Shadow of the Tyrant”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Wed May 18, 2016 8:12 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Resistance: Shadow of the Tyrant"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Resistance: Shadow of the Tyrant

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Fri May 20, 2016 7:00 pm

-digs self out of ground with bare hands gasping for air- Phew! After digging past a seemingly endless stream of 1x1s and storages, I finally found something worth investing in!

-thoughtfully eyes the roles- Hmmm... I would thoroughly enjoy playing a female rebel leader... but this other roles look so fun too... Gah. Forget it. I'm just gonna go for it. I would like to reserve for the rebel leader slot AKA one Elena Valeeria please.

Password 1: My favorite fantasy novel? Ugh you wound me with this choice, but I recently obsessed over a series named Splintered. Fantastic. I absolutely recommend.

Password 2: I really liked Pyrrha until... until...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Fri May 20, 2016 7:05 pm

@SolanaNight, Reserved!!

*Offers a box of Tissues* I know, It was terrible what happened.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Fri May 20, 2016 7:21 pm

-Blows loudly into a tissue- Everything I thought I knew was a LIE. Everything is a MESS. Still can't wait for next season.

Anywho, SO. I am very eager to get to work on this character, but before I do, is there any important tidbits I should know? Specifically with history. Now, in the intro, you said most of the royal family was wiped out, so is it safe for me to assume that translates to just Elena surviving? I guess that's not overly important because I could say she was whisked away by some of the servants and whatnot and had no idea whether any of her family survived. I'm just curious to see how much free reign I have here, but I also want to assist you in anyway with your direction with the story.

I would also like to know how our characters knew each other and how he ended up as her lieutenant so I can incorporate that too if you don't mind.

Hope I'm not overloading on the questions. ^^

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Fri May 20, 2016 7:41 pm

I came for the bodyguard position. I'm going be playing a dude, and I'll get back to you on the FC if you need it.

Password 1: Um.........don't really read much fantasy(save for comics), but my favorite book series is Dune. That's pretty fantasy-ish? It's like Game of Thrones in space!

Password 2: That kinda came out of nowhere....but Jaune Arc shall always be my favorite, mostly because I identify the most with him.

But admittedly I got a soft spot for Roman as well.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Fri May 20, 2016 8:52 pm

@Cutup, Reserved! And you don't really need a FC. It's totally Optional in this story! I'll have Dune count because I have a soft spot for it.

Also, yeah it came out of nowhere, but hey, it's a fun Password, lets me meet other RWBY fans. Jaune and Roman huh? Eh Roman's my Second choice too.

@SolanaNight For the part on how Elena surviving, you're pretty much spot on up to you if any family survived and being held prisoner by Damien Zankora, Crown Prince of the Zankor Empire and your worst enemy! Muahahahaha!!

Ahem. As for The Lieutenenant (His Name is Oberon) I'll send you a PM so we can flesh out their exact Relations. ( I've got tons of ideas on that front so be prepared. ;) )

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Cutup: Oh my goodness, I died. Those two pics made my day no joke.

Firewind: Swag. Can't wait. ;)

EDIT: Also, I am going to do a face claim, and I picked Saber from Fate/Zero.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sun May 22, 2016 11:43 am

My character, Tacitus, is about done. I'm just about to start on his history.

So I was thinking of how he ended, and basically Tacitus is a escaped slave who has recently begun work as a mercenary. He got caught up with some Zankor soldiers terrorizing some folks, soundly, and effortlessly defeated them. Maybe Oberon, and Elena saw this, and offered him a place in the rebels? How's that sound?

Oh, and his FC shall be Masrur from Magi.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sun May 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Looking Good So far CutUp! Really liking him! Can't wait to see his history!

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Sun May 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Yeah, that sounds good! Nicely done.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sun May 22, 2016 12:20 pm

Hello! I'd be interested in joining this roleplay--seems like a nice, talkative group of people for a premise that always steals my heart. I'm hugely into rebellion storylines (soft spot, you know the jam). Ohhh, I'm so torn between diplomat and the defector.... but.... I always take on talking roles... but then... I really enjoy conversations... but then, defector seems like it could bring some interesting drama from the other side and some interesting lies like, okay---I just got hit by creative burst, I think spymaster just spoke to me really hardcore so I'm just gonna go on instinct here. //puts reserve on spymaster and throws caution to the winds

Let's see, let's do those secret questions! Favorite fantasy novel, well, that's tough, I've read so many. But let's just use one of my most memorable ones, "The Ragwitch"--by Garth Nix. As for my favorite character, I really like Weiss. I know she can be super snooty, but she has a graceful air about her and I've enjoyed seeing her grow as a character. I would've also said Pyrrha but...

Anyway. Haven't decided on my FC yet--though I've an idea of who it might be. It's probably going to be a female in her mid-to-late twenties. Haven't fully decided yet. There's just so much to choose from. So much to create. So much excitement. //waves excitedly
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sun May 22, 2016 12:31 pm

@Igari consider the Spymaster Reserved then! And Good choice on Weiss, she oozes snooty, (Or is it snotty? Happy upcoming 30th anniversary Of Ferris Bueller's Day off!) if you'd have chosen Pyrrha I'd have offered a box of tissues like I did SolanaNight. I think everyone got choked up or shed tears at what happened.

Can't wait to see what you create!

Edit: I jumbled in excitement, beg pardon.

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Sun May 22, 2016 12:45 pm

YAAAAS more people! Woot! -hugs Igari out of excitement-

And Fire, what's this being all formal? After all the plotting we've done? Just call me Sola. :3

Also, yes, I love talkative groups too for a number of reasons: One, I've noticed a direct correlation between success of roleplays and talkative OOC chats. Two, they're fun! Plus, scheming. Scheming is the best.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sun May 22, 2016 1:02 pm

//squeals and gives Sola a hug too

I completely agree--a lot of groups kind of just meet and post? And no one really talks in the OOC or ever make plans to chat over skype or something. A few years ago, my most successful group actually did 3-4 RP's together because we were all friends on other medium and literally had writing sessions on skype together. We used piratepad since google docs wasn't really super big among us. And it's weird because how can you create a fun story without communicating? Doesn't make any sense, haha.

I also love scheming > : ) I am hugely into it, especially with this character I'm thinking of. Whose FC is probably going to be Shantae. Leaning towards there more and more.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sun May 22, 2016 1:57 pm

@Sola Okay, Sola then. I am simply one hell of a gentleman, ;P ( I am on a roll with references aren't I?)

@Igari I am actually impressed with how talkative the Group is too! It's a rarity to find. And I look forward to seeing your character!

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Sun May 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Igari, that would be fun if you did choose Shantae haha.

Oh yes Fire you are on a roll. You could say that you're... on fire... I'm sorry. Not Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Just two more people. I can't wait. I'm dying. >_>

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sun May 22, 2016 5:11 pm

And Tacitus is fully done! Hope he's ok. Let me know if I need to change anything.

Hmm, I am now wondering if I could make his backstory anymore tragic....hmm......all well, always got flashbacks to fall back on to reveal some of his suffering. Oh the delicious suffering! Mahahahahahahah!!

If anybody is up for discussing relationships feel free to hit me up.

CutUp
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby raspberryberet on Mon May 23, 2016 1:09 pm

Hello! sweats nervously I am completely new to written roleplay (as if you couldn't see that in my profile) and I was turned to look at this one by a friend who may be one of your own! *insert insidious smirk* This doesn't mean I'm a noob roleplayer, I have about 5 years of roleplay experience, for better or worse.

Let's see, favorite fantasy novel. Hmm, well I love the Wild Magic series by Tamora Pierce, and I will fight anyone who sasstalks me about it. But that's more from my memory of it and the nostalgia of the series. Let's see, a fantasy novel that really stuck with me. I really loved the Dragonriders of Pern. I'm a relatively new addition to that massive fanbase, but I'm okay with that!

I actually never watched RWBY, I don't know why. I have a tough time tackling massive beloved series. This includes everything, books, TV shows, comics, manga, anime, everything.

Puts hands together in a fervent prayer Please accept this humble one! If you do, she will gladly take over the position of Imperial Defector!
It was the kind she found in a second hand store.

raspberryberet
Member for 8 years
Author Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Mon May 23, 2016 4:06 pm

-slams hands on table- Alright, who's the guilty party being awesome and bringing in people? Because I will find you..... and hug you. >:3

HI Raspberry, I'm Sola. You'll be fiiiiine no sweat especially since you have experience. Plus, we're all sadistic sociopaths-NICE friendly people. :3

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Mon May 23, 2016 4:59 pm

But Sola you already hugged me when I got here. //winks

It's gonna be weird saying "Berry" on roleplay but I guess I can get used to it. I GUESS. Also Sola, like, the ball has been dropped--SHE ALREADY KNOWS WE ARE CRAZY. What, you think SANE PEOPLE do this ROLEPLAY thing?

Anyway, y'all can stalk my progress with Rei as I work out the semantics on the darling. Definitely not done yet, but I'll alert everyone when she is finished and the like. I will be checking in with probably everyone about character relations once I've solidified some stuff about her. Did I mention she likes explosions? That's pretty important.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!