Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Circus of the Increasingly Odd

a part of “The Circus of the Increasingly Odd”, a fictional universe by unicorns.are.real.

When the lights go out Cirque de'La Rosa is more sinister than it seems.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Circus of the Increasingly Odd”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:25 am

"The Circus of the Increasingly Odd"

Hi, welcome to my newest RP. I hope you like it.

You guys can use you own CS as you like. I only require that the it has the following fields:

Stage Name/Alias
(This should be the name you use for your character name officially)

Real Name

Role in Circus

Oddity
(If relevant)

Personality
(atleast a two paragraphs about you character's general demeanor and personality. Make sure to give them plenty of flaws, we don't want any mary sues!)

Personality
(atleast a two paragraphs about your character. They can be born from anywhere around the world, so keep it interesting and creative. Also make sure to mention how they ended up at Cirque de'La Rose - Feel free to use the Ringmaster in your backstory if you wish)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Re: The Circus of the Increasingly Odd

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCryptic-AngelxXx on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:36 am

Hiii! I would like to reserve (If I can) the acrobat FC Jhene Aiko and the Magician Jared Leto
Let's Carpe the Hell Out of This Diem

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xXxCryptic-AngelxXx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMagnificentVanillaBean on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Can I reserve the fire eater and the Porcelain Black showgirl?
Maggi

TheMagnificentVanillaBean
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Hey Cryptic! And those reservations are fine, and those reservations are fine by me :)

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quitelovely487 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:26 pm

Can I reserve Audrey Hepburn, I will likely change the FC I just dunno to who yet. I will edit this post when I make up my mind~

Also do they have their afflictions or curses exist because they always had power and it had to be balanced out or did it come because of the contract? Also, did they have powers before they met the Tilda Swinton character?

Can her power be duplication instead of snake morphology?

I am thinking of using Ira Chernova as my FC:
Last edited by Quitelovely487 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Quitelovely487
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:52 pm

That reservation is fine :)

And basically my thoughts for the abilities are that they were born with them, and they were born with their curses too, in order for the world to stay in balance. The circus is then run by the Ringmaster not for profit, but rather because the Ringmaster loves to collect things, if that makes sense, so the ringmaster sort of travels all about collecting people with oddities :)

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:11 am

Hey Guys, so just letting you guys know that tomorrow I am going away for about a week and won't have any internet access.

I'm going to put up a relationship thread before that so once you guys have finished your characters you can do that :) Then once I get back I'll start this RP up!

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:17 am

If possible, I would like to reserve the Mind Reader and the Melanie Martinez showgirl, please.

Edit: On second thought I think one character will be enough.
Last edited by Crichton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quitelovely487 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:04 pm

I'll try and finis my character sheet today so I know if I'm accepted or not and can start doing the character relationships. Otherwise, enjoy your vacation!

Edit~
Didn't realize I was accepted already lol

When you come back I might resubmit my character with her stage name instead of her birth name. I have to think of one first.

Quitelovely487
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCryptic-AngelxXx on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:45 pm

I am also going away for a week, but I'll have my laptop and wifi so we're all good. :) Just lettin you guys know because I may not be the most present.

xXxCryptic-AngelxXx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:40 pm

yeah that reservation is fine :)

thanks for leting us know Cryptic,

aha I'd figured i'd accept all the wips since I'm away

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xLevesquex on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Could I please reserve the mind reader? :)
If change is a part of life, why does it seem both cruel and gentle? -Tohru Honda

xLevesquex
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:02 pm

yeah thats fine with me :)

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xLevesquex on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:21 am

Actually, could I also reserve the Showgirl (FC: Melanie Martinez)?

xLevesquex
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:22 am

sorry its not on the front page but mrlanie martinez is already reserved

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xLevesquex on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:04 pm

rip okay

xLevesquex
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelsiikhaos on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:27 am

Hello there! I would love to join this roleplay, but I have an idea that is not on the main page.
I would like to have a brother and sister pair; her with demon-like tail and bat wings playing as the animal trainer. The brother was not born with his ability and regrettably became a werewolf. I hope these ideas are okay with you. I would love to work on a character sheet as soon as possible so I don't get left behind. <3
La Dispute
It must be true what people say,
that only time can heal the pain.
And every day I feel it fade away, but-

kelsiikhaos
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:26 pm

yeah those ideas are fine with me :)

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quitelovely487 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:48 am

I am in Miami and the WiFi at this hotel is reall frustrating and I'm turning 20 so I'm super inactive I know but when I'm back in NY on Friday I will finish my character sheet or Saturday if the super early flight forces me to crash when I get home. Thanks for the patience and understanding. I am still super interested just having a super busy week lol

Quitelovely487
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:44 am

That's totally fine Quitelovely :) :) Have a good time, and happy brithday!

Sorry Levesque, but I'd be willing to let you change the FC and make another showgirl?

Also guys will be starting this soon now that I'm back from my holiday so just be ready and finish up wips or whatever if you need to!

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!