Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ríše: Within the Empire

Ríše: Within the Empire

a part of “Ríše: Within the Empire”, a fictional universe by Marinus.

An Empress wages wars against her neighbours for the sake of glory, noble Houses fight and bicker among themselves, Guilds and the military muddy the waters, all against the glittering backdrop of the Imperial Capital.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ríše: Within the Empire”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ríše: Within the Empire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 am

I liked the way you played it out, very good play of character vice, bravo. that will surely come into play soon enough (we'll have some time before news reaches the capital of course)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:46 pm

BAH.. I've got to get used to selecting the 'location' for my posts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:17 pm

I fall prey to getting that wrong, too, don't worry. It wouldn't necessarily take a great deal of time to reach the capital - it all depends on how fast the captain of Basilton's guard can get to a heliograph tower, really.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who's waiting patiently to get involved. :)

PS: It's not very often someone manages to startle me, no :p

Marinus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Princess on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Hello, I submitted a character for this very interesting role-play. I hope it would be accepted and if not, please do tell what I would need to change. Thank you.

Butterfly Princess
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:43 pm

I shall add more detail to my character, because I feel she is lacking

Edit: I have updated my character information :)

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:30 pm

*&$^#&!!

Such a fine post, and none to short, hit the submit button and it just disappears into the murky interwebs. well with that being said unless it decides to show up expect my next post tomorrow some time... grrr, stupid internet eating my post.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DotCom on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Oh? =/ Rats. I'll try harder in the future.

EDIT:

I'd like to apologize (again) and profusely for the epic patienceFAIL that occurred in our RP just now. For some reason, my post-submission post (pardon the syntactical ambiguity there) won't load (this is happening consistently...anyone else having this problem?), so instead wisely checking the page to see if something had shown up anyway, I reloaded and hit the 'submit' button again. And again. And again. And so on.

SO. I apologize for the good block o' text that isn't really text, and hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me. I promise to operate as an intelligent human next time 'round.
Life is extremely short, and you cannot dance to current affairs.

DotCom
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:54 pm

^ that happened to me as well, it goes to a black screen. and if I simply "reload" it automatically reposts. kind of annoying.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DotCom on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Well. There goes the post I'd been working on. Hopefully I'll have something of equal acclaim (or something) tonight. At the very least, I'll have an appropriately mediocre post. -_-

DotCom
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akito on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:30 am

Any preferred point of entry I should make?

akito
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EbonDruid on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:28 am

Well, I apologise for taking so long to post. I usually don't >_> My poor excuse for taking so long is that my Opera is being annoying and won't load the pages correctly, so I never get the cance to actually see these pages, and thus I never get the chance ot post.
Anyway. It all looks good and interesting, but if anything in my post clashes, please just say and I'll edit it out.
Well. There goes the post I'd been working on. Hopefully I'll have something of equal acclaim (or something) tonight. At the very least, I'll have an appropriately mediocre post. -_-

Somehow I feel like that's the umpteenth dissappearing post already. I suppose it just happens.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.
- HP Lovecraft

EbonDruid
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Triarii on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm

*sigh* well I made a character, and submitted it, got accepted, but... whenever I try to post it asks me to submit a character... I must say I don't know what I am supposed to do. Do I like "select" the character some place? Or is there just a wait until the character is useable? Because when I look in my profile it has the character (Triarii) listed as being involved with this role-play so I don't know what I am doing wrong. :(

Triarii
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:04 pm

@ Triarii :: see my PM

@ EbonDruid :: over all fine, I don't see it strange that the Empress would keep tabs on the families from time to time. No worries on slow posting, we've all got other problems to tend to out side of the internet.

@Butterfly Princess :: I noticed a location flaw in your post (I'm working on uploading a new map today that I will post here) the Silver Marches are in no danger of seeing action from the Roan States, the two are a good many miles apart (right around 800, almost two months average marching time) I realize that with out a map it's hard to know where everything lines up. I'm finalizing it now and will have it posted shortly.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:56 pm

as promised, the Nation of Rise and the surrounding area for reference, this way everyone is on the same page.

For the sake of argument that scale should read 0 - 100 - 200, in miles.

Good night all, I doubt I'll be back on this weekend, busy busy! Hope everyone has as much fun as I'm going to be having!!

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:50 am

HAHAH! That is great chuckles! :D
Thanks! :D

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Nice map!

And I apologize for the short post but I want to keep my monetum going, and keep DotCom entertained.

@Dotcom: I don't know how involved you want your gal to be in my storyline but if you want to dig yourself in deep, feel free to have her follow one of the Merchant Princes and somehow, preferably without making yourslf known to them, discover a bit more about what you may not have heard from your hiding place.

@ Marinus + Chuckles: I am submitting a second character. Please let me know if he is acceptable. I think he will make a wonderful addition to the RP.

Cheers!
Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Princess on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 am

Oh, I am sorry about that. I have mistaken the attack in your former post about the report to the Grand Marshal in the east of the Silver Marches as Roan soldiers. Pardon me. Thank you for the map. Again, pardon for the confusion about the location.

Butterfly Princess
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:00 pm

No problems, I realized that not every one had access to the old map we had when planning.

the long boarder is basically in a constant state of war though its not a serious threat, more of a useful pain, it's main function is to keep the legions in a constant state of preparedness, and units are rotated into and out of it constantly. some for long periods of time (to actually handle the fighting) and some for shorter periods, these shorter periods are used to bring any forces that have been out of the field up to ready status since it is a prime location to drill and prepare the men to be in a fighting state of mind.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deja Vu on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm interested in joining. As soon as I read up on the plot, all the story info, and the IC that is...

I had in mind a scribe, employed by various important figures to write important letters, transcribe conversations, low key artisan calligraphy and the like.

Deja Vu
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DotCom on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Well, I do love being entertained. I'll have a response up this evening. My show is in it's second week, and between rehearsals and...the recent realization that I fail as a social college student, it's been a busy weekend. -_-

DotCom
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!