Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"E"

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

"E"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:24 pm

E is the most common letter in the English language. Almost every sentence has an E! Those last two sentences alone had 12 E's! It can be difficult to type a paragraph without using the letter E once. But I have a challenge for you all!

Let us construct a continuing, endless story without mentioning the letter E directly, once. You may not type the letter E, any symbol looking like an E, or any number or abbreviation containing an E(Like 1 instead of one) but you may say "Fifth symbol" or another reference to E. You must add at least one full sentence that makes sense to the story. How far can we get? I dunno if we'll make 2 paragraphs. I'll start us off.

"It is a dark, stormy night and alas, I am finding it hard to form my thoughts into words and constructs past. That damn fifth symbol is a symbol I cannot avoid. But why?"

Not much, but I can't resist that damn letter E >_>

Oh, and copy the previous segment of the story and write what YOU added at the end, so we can see how long the story is every post. If(unlikely) it gets too long we can break it into parts :U

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Paradigm
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: "E"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MnemosyneX on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:42 pm

It is a dark, stormy night and alas, I am finding it hard to form my thoughts into words and constructs past. That damn fifth symbol is a symbol I cannot avoid. But why? Ah- an inquiry that has but no solution. Possibly an addiction? A habit, craving of such unitary fury that it simply cannot stand as an oblivious affair.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MnemosyneX
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:38 pm

It is a dark, stormy night and alas, I am finding it hard to form my thoughts into words and constructs past. That damn fifth symbol is a symbol I cannot avoid. But why? Ah- an inquiry that has but no solution. Possibly an addiction? A habit, craving of such unitary fury that it simply cannot stand as an oblivious affair. I put forth words from my mouth, moving from mind to lips, as sound, crossing all bounds of thought and motion. I cannot think but to do this - to do what no animal or any living nonhuman can - to part my lips and bring forth diction.... vocalizations... a most high form of communication, that, if lacking, is without a doubt, a significant sign of anything amiss...

:EDIT: I wrote this at a time when no one should be awake. I'm sorry.
β€‹β€œAnother world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

β€œThe only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

β€œevery day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:58 pm

It is a dark, stormy night and alas, I am finding it hard to form my thoughts into words and constructs past. That damn fifth symbol is a symbol I cannot avoid. But why? Ah- an inquiry that has but no solution. Possibly an addiction? A habit, craving of such unitary fury that it simply cannot stand as an oblivious affair. I put forth words from my mouth, moving from mind to lips, as sound, crossing the bounds of thought and motion. I cannot think but to do this - to do what no animal or other living nonhuman can - to part my lips and bring forth diction.... vocalizations... a most high form of communication, that, if lacking, is without a doubt, a significant sign of anything amiss...
Doors turn; portals to a world coursing timidity within spirals of shadow. Drawn within, dissipation of normality, I allow tumultuous habits fruition, trying a flow of thinking unfamiliar.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:01 am

It is a dark, stormy night and alas, I am finding it hard to form my thoughts into words and constructs past. That damn fifth symbol is a symbol I cannot avoid. But why? Ah- an inquiry that has but no solution. Possibly an addiction? A habit, craving of such unitary fury that it simply cannot stand as an oblivious affair. I put forth words from my mouth, moving from mind to lips, as sound, crossing the bounds of thought and motion. I cannot think but to do this - to do what no animal or other living nonhuman can - to part my lips and bring forth diction.... vocalizations... a most high form of communication, that, if lacking, is without a doubt, a significant sign of anything amiss...
Doors turn; portals to a world coursing timidity within spirals of shadow. Drawn within, dissipation of normality, I allow tumultuous habits fruition, trying a flow of thinking unfamiliar. What sounds ring about my mind, gushing forth obstructions to my walk and trapping articulations that thump within a crypt from which I spout? Shall I skip around a symbolic bush trading normality for bombastic oration?
Tell me a story.

Din
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:07 am

It is a dark, stormy night and alas, I am finding it hard to form my thoughts into words and constructs past. That damn fifth symbol is a symbol I cannot avoid. But why? Ah- an inquiry that has but no solution. Possibly an addiction? A habit, craving of such unitary fury that it simply cannot stand as an oblivious affair. I put forth words from my mouth, moving from mind to lips, as sound, crossing all bounds of thought and motion. I cannot think but to do this - to do what no animal or any living nonhuman can - to part my lips and bring forth diction.... vocalizations... a most high form of communication, that, if lacking, is without a doubt, a significant sign of anything amiss...
Doors turn; portals to a world coursing timidity within spirals of shadow. Drawn within, dissipation of normality, I allow tumultuous habits fruition, trying a flow of thinking unfamiliar. What sounds ring about my mind, gushing forth obstructions to my walk and trapping articulations that thump within a crypt from which I spout? Shall I skip around a symbolic bush trading normality for bombastic oration?

Ah and finally, an occurring to draw my mind away from this.. this... what it is I cannot form into words, put simply, for my mind cannot fathom any "fitting" sounds or musics for my thoughts. But, I must pay what sanity I still hold within towards what is occurring now. A knock, ringing about my room, originating from my door. But who would knock on my door at this hour of this night?

edit: Onoes! Ylanne made an E. Didn't notice that. (Changed it and underlined where they were)
redit: 2 e's, my bad. Bad Ylanne. Bad. :P

Paradigm
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:37 am

Ah and finally, an occurring to draw my mind away from this.. this... what it is I cannot form into words, put simply, for my mind cannot fathom any "fitting" sounds or musics for my thoughts. But, I must pay what sanity I still hold within towards what is occurring now. A knock, ringing about my room, originating from my door. But who would knock on my door at this hour of this night?
To bring a pausing instant to a finish, I found my body rising from its position twixt quilt and floor. Curious, that; mayhap a fall, but who can try finding claim of situational fallout? Turning knob, unlocking, I look upon that which could award no logical narration. Instantly, fright.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 pm

To bring a pausing instant to a finish, I found my body rising from its position twixt quilt and floor. Curious, that; mayhap a fall, but who can try finding claim of situational fallout? Turning knob, unlocking, I look upon that which could award no logical narration. Instantly, fright.
A thing so wrong with digits many, and hairs that flow it's body long, optics black and inky. It's gravitation toward my body wrought my soul with vast dismay.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:46 pm

A thing so wrong with digits many, and hairs that flow its body long, optics black and inky. Its gravitation toward my body wrought my soul with vast dismay. As obvious as a thing of dark midnight upon my front porch, this animal was glaring angrily at a small gift in its hand. "Good sibling," this man said, "I bring to you this important thing which is our duty to draw on for authority to guard the kingdom." This man, my sibling, found my aid important to our goal. Our victory. Could I not grant this?

Music
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!