Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Anime "WTF!?" Awards.

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Who gets the "WTF!?" Award?

Full Metal Alchemist
11%
FLCL (Fooly Cooly)
37%
Trigun
11%
Death Note
30%
Getter Robo Armageddon
11%

Total votes : 27

The Anime "WTF!?" Awards.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sketchy on Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 am

This is for the Anime "WTF!?" Award.

I'd like to nominate Full Metal Alchemist because the main character goes from human, to cyborge, to Nazi throughout the series, and his brother goes from a boy, to a hollow shell, back to a boy again, and then tries to look like his brother. WTF, Fullmetal Alchemist!?

I'd also like to nominate FLCL because of the pure random humor with many, many sexual innuendos.
WTF, Fooly Cooly!?

If you'd like to nominate an anime for the "WTF!?" Award, just give the nomination and the reason like i did above.
If you'd like to vote for a nominee...just vote.
Last edited by sketchy on Tue May 27, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
それはéŋけられãĒã„å‹åˆŠč€…ã§ã™ã€‚

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sketchy
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Anime "WTF!?" Awards.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yourdarkestfear on Tue May 20, 2008 1:42 pm

I would like to nominate Trigun. I mean what's with that cat that's in every episode? Is he some nordo-egyptian god? Don't get me wrong, I love the cat. but come on. WTF Trigun?!

I'd also like to nominate Death Note. I mean the 'hero' is a crazy deranged, psychopathic infant-moraled serial killer who basically has the power to kill anyone. And more people support him than the enigmatic detective L. Plus a Shinigami. The DEATH GOD is eating an apple. Why is someone so bad ass eating something healthy?
So I say

WTF DEATH NOTE!?!?!

Ps I love death note, don't flame me plz
"My life is just a Faerie sigh..."

"Then I'll just have to hold my breath..."

-Holly Black Valiant

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yourdarkestfear
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu May 22, 2008 8:17 am

This is not WTF. This is not even close to some of the mindfuckery which I have seen from classic series like Getter Robo Armageddon, which has hmm, let me list it off 1: The Main character age regressing into a cellular state, becoming one with all life in the universe, 2: The Getter Robo proper. It combines, from three jets, to 3 different giant robots. How? I don't know, its Getter Rays! See here for Getter Madness. We also have Getter Rays, which can do anything, and nothing in the same way. Edit Just... watch

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed May 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Come on people, first of all, the main character has that hair. That hair which no other character in the show even thinks to look at twice.

Second of all, we've got the Catapult Turtle Flying Castle Gambit.

And ultimately, they're gambling their eternal souls and the fate of the world on a trading card game. A trading card game who's characters are manifested by hologram projectors (and yet can still knock people over) and was invented by the ancient Egyptians (and yet has cyborgs, elves, naga, and various other distinctly non-Egyptian characters in it.) Oh yes, and the publisher of said TCG lives in a castle on a remote island, and at the start of the series steals seemingly random people's souls using a magical golden eyeball.

Later, of course, we find out that the monsters represented by the game are real beings from an alternate dimension, and are sometimes actually summoned when you play their card in a match. Oh, and the protagonist has a split-personality resulting from over-exposure to an ancient Egyptian 3-D jijsaw puzzle. This second personality has the ability to "MIND-CRUSH!" people, and apparently lives in a surrealistic labyrinth inside the protagonist's necklace.

Anyone who has seen even one episode of this show without mentally going "WtF?" has serious mental issues.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Genby on Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:16 pm

OH, c'mon. No one who has ever seen Hitman Reborn can talk about mind rape without thinking about this crackhead anime. Let me run down the characters for you.

First we have a no-talent goofball, Tsuna, who is actually the most sane character. Think about this, though: He is a purely Japanese person that is destined to be the 1th head boss of an Italian mob! WTF!?

Now, his tutor, Reborn. He is a hitman. A famous one. He is also a baby. He can speak perfect Japanese, despite being Italian and a baby. He's had an adult woman pining after him for years, even though he is a baby. He has a chameleon named Leon who can turn into anything, except a different color. When Leon turns into a gun, Reborn can shoot magic bullets. One of these bullets is the Dying Will Bullet, which kills someone, then revives them to act on their last regret. In nothing but their underwear. W.T.F.

Now we have Gokudera, another Italian guy who speaks Japanese. This guy pulls hundreds upon hundreds of sticks of dynamite out of God-knows-where, and lights them without doing anything. WTF!?

I'm stopping for now. I'll add more later. But do I really need to?

Genby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jillian Summer on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:23 pm

On another forum, we pretty much decided that Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi's Kyon gets an award!
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii16 ... 212311.jpg
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii16 ... 210716.jpg
^ Screenshots!
Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Jillian Summer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:19 am

At first I read this as ADMIN WTF Awards.

I was ready to vote for Zhelir.

>>
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rosieroo on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Village Alchemist wrote:Yu-Gi-Oh!

Come on people, first of all, the main character has that hair. That hair which no other character in the show even thinks to look at twice.

Second of all, we've got the Catapult Turtle Flying Castle Gambit.

And ultimately, they're gambling their eternal souls and the fate of the world on a trading card game. A trading card game who's characters are manifested by hologram projectors (and yet can still knock people over) and was invented by the ancient Egyptians (and yet has cyborgs, elves, naga, and various other distinctly non-Egyptian characters in it.) Oh yes, and the publisher of said TCG lives in a castle on a remote island, and at the start of the series steals seemingly random people's souls using a magical golden eyeball.

Later, of course, we find out that the monsters represented by the game are real beings from an alternate dimension, and are sometimes actually summoned when you play their card in a match. Oh, and the protagonist has a split-personality resulting from over-exposure to an ancient Egyptian 3-D jijsaw puzzle. This second personality has the ability to "MIND-CRUSH!" people, and apparently lives in a surrealistic labyrinth inside the protagonist's necklace.

Anyone who has seen even one episode of this show without mentally going "WtF?" has serious mental issues.

"MIND-CRUSH!!!!"
I second this!! I mean, other then yugies insane hair, there's Mai's boobij, and kiabas cloak..it DEFYS GRAVITY!!! And just like the midgets hair..NO ONE notices.....
Never take life seriously. Noone ever gets out alive anyway. Friendship is like peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

Rosieroo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Voting on Anime that make you go 'WTF'?
I'd say Needless. I mean... the main good guy is a priest that has a fetish for little girls. He's a total lolicon. As seen here.
So yeah... WTF Needless!~

I could also nominate Gurren Lagann, mostly for the weird animals, especially as seen in episode three. I mean, seriously... A grape hippo? WTF? It does have some pretty weird, and funny, moments! ^.^

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 am

Might be tame compared to some, but One Piece has a cyborg that runs off of cola.

Later he builds a ship with a beam cannon and rocket propulsion, all from the power of cola.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby o90x56 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:30 pm

I could give One Piece the license to be insane like that since pretty much everything about that anime suggests crazy, crazy and crazy. From the art style to the plot and down to the... ermm... everything else, it's safe to say I haven't found anything normal.

I voted Death Note out of the second poster's rather convincing arguments. I mean, you get a lot of real-world logical thinking and police whatnots and turns out the killer is a notebook and an apple-eating rockstar shinigami. And I don't want to get started on Misa and Matsuda... and L's mannerisms. And that Near cheats.

Now that that's been pointed out, I do kind of remember WTF'ing when I first saw Ryuk

o90x56
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:16 pm

I voted death note simply because well.. notebook that has all this stuff in it dropped by the god of death..
I mean c'mon.. do they even explain why he dropped it in the first place and why does a highschooler of all people find it?
Too many plot holes.. and too many questions.
Not to mention that weird character L who's supposedly this world famous detective but strikes me as a mentally ill child..

I just don't understand it..

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:51 pm

@nfi_2717: Ryuk dropped the Death Note because he was bored and he wanted to see what a human would do with it.

It was found by a highschooler because....why not? Any random person could have found it, and this was the random one who did.

L is a prodigy, and like most prodigies of his calibur he is a bit off. He's mentally abnormal, but that does not necessarily mean mentally ill. I suspect him to have Savant syndrome.
Last edited by Village Alchemist on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:06 pm

@Village - Savant sounds about right but still I just do not understand the anime and manga.. not to mention the hordes of fan girls following after L ect.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zana on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Only one thing to say to this... WTF!?!

Zana
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberGabel on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Hahah, might I nominate Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt?
I mean, the name, in of itself is zany. The plot (plot? What plot?) consists of two fallen angels whose names are also undergarments that turn into weapons. Panty's panties, Backlace, turn into her trusty handgun which she uses to attack ghosts, while Stocking's stockings turn into a pair of katana (appropriately) named Stripes. Panty can also use Stocking's panties as a second gun. Then there's Garterbelt: a priest whose goal is to look after Panty and Stocking and make sure they defeat enough ghosts to get enough heavens to go back to Heaven. And then there's Briefers Rock, affectionately called "Brief" or more commonly "Geek Boy." I mean, aside from the characters this show is just weird.

"You've withstood the jerking and the whacking thus far. So stand erect and make this the most successful climax we've had yet!"

UberGabel
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!