Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Devil's Pheromone

The Devil's Pheromone

a part of “The Devil's Pheromone”, a fictional universe by shmband.

"Be careful what you wish for...."

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Devil's Pheromone”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Devil's Pheromone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 am

Yes everyone pulled their fingers out at last. Seemed to respond quite well to the fast forwards...all the girlies deciding what they're gonna wear and all that jazz, haha. I wonder what's going to happen! 0.0

Someone PM'd me about TDP last night...so I ought to get going on that too but tbh I was under the impression the only person who was reading it was you. Not...that you're not important enough for me to write it...just that I know you're not gonna wander off if I take too long. :]

Gah I take one day off and everything happens. We've got like five new members of staff today who all need setting up on the system. Obviously the other network analysts knew this would be happening because they've all come into the office looking their best (all but one of the new staff are girls...). Actually one of them is pretty good looking, but firstly she smokes (sort of an instant disqualifier for me), and secondly her name's Olivia so...that's not gonna work. X]

Hope it all goes well at the doctors! I'm basically waiting for you to say that you feel completely better again, and that you have a at least few days of good health. That way, at least anything that happens afterward doesn't get traced back to me buying you coffee!! (Just kidding, I actually just hope you'e OK.)

OK time for a baguette...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:42 am

OOoo..so you need to update TDP due to fan complaint ^^ (about time too) Thats something that sometimes really gets on my nerves! People read your work but they dont put your book in their library, or they dont fan, or vote, or comment...just read. Unhelpful buggers!! Ā¬Ā¬

So new girl... *wiggly eyebrows* (thats right you'll be getting the wink wink and nudge nudge now from me and kassie...whenever kassie returns)
So what she's called Olivia...i know loads of couples with clashing names, like denise and dennis, kimmy and jimmy, Jaymie and Jamie (all true couples!!) and...well smoking is debatably gross but...still ^^

Yeah...they put all these weird wires on me.. ( woman told me to remove my top so if anyone walked in they'd of got quite the shock :/ ) That was weird...anyway the blood test was icky- i dislike needles then again id like to find the person who loves them. So just gotta wait a few days for that all to come back.
I feel alot better- still anxious and against coffee...i think you're off the hook if it happens again ;] Going for a meal tonight- my grandad just retired so...we're all going out- good restraunt too so that should be great! i really...really should have done some english homework Ā¬Ā¬ but oh well :]

Just posted for the rogues and now imma do it for emmy too...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:12 am

Ahh so they gave you an ECG. My sister had to have one of those once...I went with her it was a nightmare because we had to go to the cardiographer first, then to the ECG unit, then back to the cardiographer, with a 20 minutes wait at each stage. Hope it was more straightforward for you! Obviously I left the room while she had her top off...

Ooh a meal out, very nice too! Congratulations grandad. :) Heh I think I probably know most of the restaurants in your town because I looked at them all when I chose where to eat on Friday evening. In fact I never really told you about the rest of my day. Not that there was much to tell...I didn't really do much in Chelmsford because I was worried, and I had to hold off texting you to see if you were OK every half hour because I figured you'd be sleeping or resting and generally want to be left in peace. Then I actually drove to your village for a single purpose - to see if the train station allowed all-day parking (thinking ahead for London, I couldn't find out on the web), which fortunately it does. But I wish I hadn't because it was 5:30 and the traffic was just...deadlock. Took me about 45 minutes. Oh and Colchester is the only place I've ever known to have a roundabout exit directly onto...another roundabout. Scariest driving ever!

Then I went back into town and ended up eating at Zizzi, but because of the worry I didn't much feel like being on my own and just wanted to go home but couldn't, so I felt even more glum, and they sat me on the upper mezzanine where nobody else was sitting so I was completely on my own....until a rotten lovey-dovey couple sat down on the table next to me and started canoodling...*boo* *hiss* *hope you choke*. I really could have done with a drink but couldn't because I knew I had to drive home. But like I said...at least the gnocci was good. ^^

On balance I'm still glad I came up because I very much enjoyed our short time. :)

I don't think all the wiggly eyebrows in the world are gonna move anything forwards with Olivia...the smoking thing is a definite no-go for me and frankly I think she dislikes me already. Not because of anything I did, but because the system went screwy on her, and when people get pissed off with their computer and someone from IT comes to fix it, and then it still doesn't work they naturally transfer that feeling to the IT person. Because it's got to be our fault right?

You really know a Kimmie and Jimmie? One of them should so learn guitar and they should form a duet like the Carpenters. =]

EDIT - "Everything good happened at the bonfire, anything meaningful..." In other words "come on girls tell your mates!" :D

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:11 pm

OK it worked!! :D Laugh at this if you're so inclined. But as it happens I just managed to sell my old 4-track on eBay, not having actually recorded anything in about 2 years. So in a moment of pure cheesyness, I decided Iā€™d record one last thing on it, and so I recorded THIS for you to cheer you up from last night (inspired by that fancy dress pic you had...). Hope it makes you smile, or chuckle...or snort in contempt, itā€™s all good to be honest!. But I will say three things about it:

1 ā€“ Itā€™s got some bloody difficult chords in it, and the ukuleleā€™s not the easiest instrument to pack your fingers onto so if some of the notes sound dull or buzzy...then...meh.

2 ā€“ I played this from a manuscript, and some bits sound a bit weird to me (especially the end) but thatā€™s how it was written on paper so thatā€™s how I played it.

3 ā€“ Some people canā€™t stand this song, I hope youā€™re not one of them. If you are...tough nuts, it was either this or ā€˜Greensleevesā€™...or nothing at all...which you may have preferred in which case....double meh. :P

Hehe, well congrats on making it to the Easter hols, hope you're enjoying it already!

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Ahhh...so i managed to post on RP and Marked :]

AND...ive been meaning to tell you that cheesy attempt at over the rainbow you did was very nice ^^ and good. (Well i thought it was anyway)

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Yes. I think that deserves a flake.

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Well either you mean a Cadbury's Flake or you mean you're gonna flake out now, but either way yes you go for it, because those were good posts. :-)

I'm being kept majorly on my toes by those other RPs I mentioned to you. Literally, this other RPer seems to post within ten minutes of every post I make! I originally entered into the RPs with her because she seems to be online a lot during the daytime when I'm at work, so basically it was to give me something to do during the day when it's quiet...but wow it's really putting me through my paces! 0.0

I posted in Marked too, I'll wait until someone else posts before posting for Jeff again (he's still talking to his mother). I'll get around to RP too. And then get as much done as possible tomorrow night before leaving early on Thursday for a craptastic long weekend in North Wales.

I've also decided to be a bit reckless and gone ahead and booked the train tickets we'd need for London, on the basis that the disappointment if we can't go would be nothing compared to the sheer brain-exploding rage I'd feel if it turns out we can go but the train tickets don't arrive in time. But I'm gonna try to think positive about it.

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:19 am

Well wi-fi is more reliable than phone signal here so I thought I'd say on here that I hope you have a much better day. Been saying that for a few days mind you...but, yeah I hope today is better! :\ Didn't have you up too early today did they?

This holiday is turning into one of the most stressful things ever. My parents want me to go to hall with them tomorrow morning, so I'm having to get online and research which have been some 'notable' Watchtower articles recently...grrr. Hate it. I might just say I've been slacking on reading it lately...which is still a grotesque understatement.

But later today I'm escaping down to Colwyn Bay, where I grew up, too see a bunch of old friends (could be a lot of us....) and probably go out for some drinks in the evening. So yeah I may yet have some fun.

It sucks that your Easter holiday is being gobbled up with helping out around the house. But they've surely got to give you a break at some point. But yeah, I hope you get some slack anyway!

Talk to you whenever I hear from you. Take care! :)

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Well...another year older. And...I have a strange feeling we are coming to the end of an era. The OOC seems to have served it's purpose for us chatting, but that's been supplanted by texting. The Marked RP is no less awesome than it ever was, but it's going at such a slow pace I don't know how it's staying alive. (People seem to have gotten in a frame of mind that they've got to wait for EVERYONE to post before posting again...) Cherrybite, I think it's safe to say, has been laid to rest, although I'll be more than happy to share with you what I had planned for Callum to do if you wanted to finish writing it on Wattpad. :] And my 1x1 RPs are trickling along, but they won't last forever. And even when I see a new RP I think I like the sound of, I always figure it's not worth putting the effort into submitting a character because the RP will just die out before the plot even takes flight. And lets face it, there will NEVER AGAIN be an RP as interesting and retentive as Marked.

And of course Kassie - if you're out there! - has been conspicuous by her absence, although probably she's had her attention taken up by her GCSEs.

So I think what we're looking at here, really, is probably the impending end of my involvement with RPG. Probably within the next month or so. Maybe you've been thinking the same thing for yourself. There is the seasonal aspect of course; it's sunnier now so people aren't on their PCs so much.

But these things come and go. And what will come next? For your part you're obviously spending a lot more time updating your Wattpad projects, which is awesome because that means I can still enjoy your writing. And if I pull my finger out and get on with another TDP update, that can work both ways. o.0

But can I just get a little bit mushy and say that later in life when I eventually write my award winning autobiography (entitled "Exercises in Mediocrity"), there will definitely be at least a couple of paragraphs, if not a small chapter, dedicated to the several-months-long creative peak when my evenings were pretty much dominated by Cherry Bite and it's correspondeing OOC with ma' two homies, "Faye" and Bea. (Kassie's real name being a relatively late revelation.)

Anyway I hope I'm wrong and that Marked picks up dramatically once the Easter holiday is over and done wit...not to mention this Royal Wedding nonsense that'd filled Lonon with badly printed Wills & Kate tat...but even so has granted us a free bank holiday so it's not all bad...

Still, in other news I had a nice day out today with a lovely French girl called Alma who's not only attractive and single but her parents are freakin' loaded. Had a legendary Argentinian steak, then just did some odds and sods around London before heading home about 5.

Hope everyone's OK! And...that...someone even reads this...

shmband
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!