Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Happy Halloween!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Re: Happy Halloween!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm surprising everyone by dying my hair bright red and going as a Killjoy. Na Na Na is seriously an epic song~
I'm playing Lady Macbeth in my year's production of Macbeth, so I can't wait to see what their faces will be like when I fail to turn up with a medieval style dress and a long wig.
Speaking of Doctor Who/Torchwood... We went to London for Halloween and three friends spent the day as the Doctor, Jack and Gwen. The funniest moment was when someone stopped me to compliment me on my vampire slayer costume and I had to explain that I dress in black, boots and floor length jackets all the time. They didn't know who my other three friends were, even to the point where my friend had to produce the sonic screwdriver. X]
I love Halloween.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Mm. I freaked out at first, thinking the color was permanent but then I saw the logo change and now I'm pretty happy with it. :D

I'm going cheap this year - gonna be Doctor # 11 from Doctor Who. I have a bow tie and everything - and take a screwdriver and make sonic-y sounds! (I would be Tennant, but a suit is too expensive for me and my poor self).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lurelle
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Saint Crash wrote:I'm surprising everyone by dying my hair bright red and going as a Killjoy. Na Na Na is seriously an epic song~

Huzzah Killjoys! I have a Killjoy costume I'm wearing to Rocky Horror tonight.
Hey you like art? Check this junk out, man!

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:42 am

In Denmark I would follow the Danish version of Halloween and go mental with my costume, but since I live in China I'm a bit more limited from my usual medieval/horror costumes.
So this year I will dress as a seducing British Police Officer, with a typical English Police hat with a blinking blue light at the top! Oh and pink-fluffy handcuffs! Gotta have those!
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Ironically enough, I've gone as various characters of mine in the last several years, including Tahira Ali and Natalie Schultz. This year I have nothing. Absolutely no inspiration or ideas. Yup. It's quite sad.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:18 pm

You know, in Denmark there's a Live-Roleplay called for "The Chaos Roleplay!" and there you simply take two (maybe three) character(istics) and mash them up. Last time I happened to be a schizophrenic bounty hunter leader who also thought that he was a sushi chef!

The crazier, the better gets to act them out, though Halloween ins't exactly a live-roleplay, it still gives you the reason to dress up funnily.

That or you can come as a metaphor! Who can question that?!

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm disappointed on how many kids in ART SCHOOL are not wearing costumes today.
I feel like a douche.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!