Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cataclysm: Wakepoint

a part of “Cataclysm: Wakepoint”, a fictional universe by Mr. Baneling Squishy.

The world is what we see, right? Or are the layers that we cant see. Are we missing details? Things are moving, shifting, changing towards directions. There is no definite end. But there is an origin to a story. And this....this is our story.....

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Cataclysm: Wakepoint”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:01 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Cataclysm: Wakepoint"

Il have my Character up later today.
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Cataclysm: Wakepoint

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 am

What kind of idea did you have in mind for the abilities they wake up and have?
May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
-Irish blessing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:07 am

Well, i meant to add this, but it is mostly random, though it may be slightly influenced by who they are with, what they are doing or thinking, what they are skilled at, and ect, but mostly random......mostly.

And understand, the more powerful it is, the worse any side affects should be. I will accept powerful abilities, but there better be either a nasty side affect, or really hard to control/use/maintain.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:26 pm

I saw thank you for the pm. I am in the progress among other things of making my character. I'll have the sketch up by tonight.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Im just wondering, did you get your picture from Photobucket? That's where I get most/some of mine :3

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Definitely interested. Just not sure on the character yet. Might be interested in playing one of the guards maybe, but no idea what power.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Uh, no. I can never find anything good there. I actually do google searches until I either find something I want or go to deviant and look there. Between the two I find something I can use.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Awesome River. And yeah, It can sometimes be hard ot find a good pic, especially since Anime annoys me now for no apparent reason

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Same for me. I hate using it now. Can't find a pic for an rp I have rolling around in my head now and I would have found it so easily if I used anime or at least the high fantasy. But I can't stand them anymore.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:08 am

I will likely post today. Just waiting for one/a few people to post in their characters, but due to the Hurricane, I will be posting between noon-3PM

That doesn't mean you cant still join though!

The only thing that will stop me is power outage, but that shouldn't happen, at least not that soon (and hopefully none at all)

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:21 am

I know what you mean. I'm not too worried here. I can see some of the effects, but I'm far enough from the coast. It's my fiance I'm worried about. He's in VA near the coast, and they put all of them on lock down again. I hope this doesn't affect training time... Grr.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:45 am

....I had a slight power issue. Im moving up the Timescale to between 10AM to Noon.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:53 pm

I want to point this out as I feel like someone must, but as the lead character in this Matthew isn't doing a very good job. All he wants to do is go find his brother, which leaves the rest of the characters hanging out on their own. Its a recipe for disaster. Something has to change or the rp will die.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 pm

There is more to this. He CURRENTLY wants to find and rescue his brother. However, this may or may not (the former being more likely) lead to a discovery that will then result in something much bigger.

Also, if anyone has been paying attention, something about what he is saying should strike someone as odd.

And Razael appears to be very stubborn....xD

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Everything about him is odd. But if the character's don't go with him, what discoveries can be made? Only for those who are there. Frankly, its not Razael. Its either you or your character. Because really, its making me as a person upset not just my character. I want to believe its Matthew who completely lacks the ability to see from both sides, but I'm sadly able see from your comment about Raz that it may indeed be you.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Actually, what he is saying makes complete and utter sense, more then he knows actually.

HOwever, it makes NO SENSE at all for her to just go up to him and accuse him of all these things. Especially since, when you look at it, Razeal was sort of irrisponsible herself, it makes no sense for her to make these accusations. And at that point, he was pissed off, and she was in his way.

Its not his fault either way, however, it isn't even remotely his fault because of certain spoilers I refuse to spoil. Its actually something he noticed, but hasn't realized it yet. Enhanced Perception is tricky like that.

Additionally, there is a bit to his history you have failed to get from how he talked, so let me ellaborate. WHy is it his parents have not been mentioned this entire time? Why does he seem so knowledgable and independent? Why does he feel like his little brother is his only concern, not his families? Why is it he is seemingly anti-social? And how does he know Hand to Hand combat?

WHen you figure out what happened, or at least somewhat of what happened, then perhaps your character will learn that he has not had a choice in this....

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 am

The only person who understands what he is saying is you, because you are in his head. Our characters aren't. We don't understand what he is saying. They want answers not more riddles. Actually it makes perfect sense. Its not a matter of wanting someone to blame, but he was the one who lead the men to the subway car. Life is filled with little decisions some that we aren't even consciously aware of. What made him choose the subway over something else? What made him get on the car instead of trying to hide somewhere down there? His own decisions.

She isn't sort of irresponsible. Based on her history, which is what you are doing and implanting that through character, is the past. Things have changed. She changed. She grew up and understands how teenagers feel when it comes to not owning up to the things they did and blaming it onto someone else. So saying she is irresponsible at this point is highly rude because its not the truth. It actually makes perfect sense because she sees him on the same path she was on, and she knows what needs to be done to get him from falling into the same hole where there might not be a return.

It shouldn't matter about fucking spoilers for an rp. Characters do and go where they want. We can't control them. When you try and control them you take away their free will and they are no longer doing or saying what they want. They are doing and saying what you want. There is a major difference.

No one cares about what one character has to figure out unless it relates directly to them. No one cares about what Matthew doesn't know about enhanced perception. They want answers to him about what the hell happened and what is happening to them. And what is he doing? He's leaving them to go off on his own thing and leave him behind.

Again no one cares about what has been mentioned or not mentioned. If you wanted a story central to one person... write a book. Not an rp. Things that centralized to one character die because the other rpers get bored and frustrated about being kicked to the back burner. I helped raise my brother who is fourteen years younger than I am and I sure as hell don't talk about my parents in everything or hardly mention them. It was always my brother and me and maybe mom but that's it. So no his reference to no parents doesn't draw much attention in this world.

So knowledgeable? I wonder why? Because he knows what is going on and isn't saying anything. Which is all you. Independent? They don't know how old he actually is and frankly kids younger than him have held jobs and been emancipated by the courts. So no. I was an very independent kid and turned into an extremely mature woman. Independent has nothing to do with it. That is simply a personality trait nothing more.

Again on caring only about brother not overall family. First he's American. And second again, my brother. I would care more about getting him than any of my other family members. To me he is my son. So no the family doesn't count. Seemingly anti-social? Trying to hit a woman is not anti-social its abuse. And he's taking the other boy with him... and talking to him. That's not anti-social. You're talking to someone who has anti-social personality. He's not very good at being anti-social and again why should the character's give a rat's ass? They shouldn't. He hasn't done anything for them except make their lives worse.

Hand to hand combat? How does Razael know some stuff - her brother. How do I know? I'm a third degree brown belt. So let's see its easy to learn somewhere. They are in NY so really... not that shocking or surprising. Not something that draws attention to himself. Nothing that makes the character extraordinary except his abilities.

Maybe he didn't have a choice in the experiments sure. But his decisions once free... yeah those are all on him. Sorry if I ranted, but I am sick of being around people who use their own knowledge about what is to come or even about other characters and put it into their own. Let the character be themselves and let them grow through experience. Stop trying to make the story central to just Matthew because it won't work. Its boring and no one wants to be a secondary character in anything.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 am

Okay, let's just all step back and take a breath. Clearly there is some miscommunication in the understanding of the questions.

First off, let me say that if anything Matthew said offended you, sorry, because that was not its intention and only now I'm getting the feeling your taking offence to this.

Second, the questions were, at least what I thought, we're fairly evident in their answer. But il just tell you then, since it irritates you so much. Matthew's and Ryan's father was abusive, after their mother died, and blamed it on Ryan, because she died in childbirth. Matthew tried to protect Ryan, which ended up in a conflict when their father started hitting Ryan that Matthew thought his life might be in danger, and tried to defend him, learning hand to hand combat to do so. At one point, while drunk, he attacked Ryan with a broken glass bottle, but Matthew intervened. However, after that, they ran away, getting on a bus, which was the same one that exploded due to the device.

The abusive family part can be deduced from his lack of reaching out to his family for help, and from what he has said.

This next part is what he has yet to fully realize, but has subconsciously. At the subway station, the man with the device had two of his guards split up to look for him, but kept the other two with him. He then went towards that subway car before seeing him enter. But if he was looking for him, why have the device? And why concealed in a piece of luggage you could, perhaps, stow on a train and leave there without anyone noticing? And it just happened to activate when it hit the ground?

Right, I'm asking a lot of questions again expecting you to get the answer, which you apparently hate, so let me answer it simply. The device was supposed to go off in the train. It was supposed to detonate in the subway. It was always going to detonate there. Why else would he have the device? Why else did they have guards there, at the station the survivors would be at? Why else would he just coincidentally go and look at the one station with a subway still there? Matthew ran towards it because of that, but he wasn't the reason they went that way.

Now, I would like to point out I feel like you have been very harsh and disrespectful with your words, and it would be very nice if you could apologize too, and we could leave this whole bad moment behind us and have fun, instead of making each other miserable. It's a mutually beneficial resolution. We both can have a fun, interesting experience, and not make this a hassel. :D

Now, I would like not to spoil anything else as well, so this is the end of this diplomatic OOC post.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 am

I'm interested that River is interested.

Also, stop typing out such long paragraphs with underlying meaning that are a waste of space and time to everybody not involved with whatever they detail.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:43 pm

The only thing that I took offense to is well... the writing of how things are portrayed and ultimately I think that's what it boils down to. I don't want to know his history. I personally don't care and right now neither does Raz. There is no need to. And frankly his life sounds like thousands of other characters I've seen. Hell one of my favorites came from an abusive family situation. Jael was amazing.

However, from my understanding and reading of what you described from the subway... if you wanted it out like that then why didn't you write all of that? If you don't want him to come off as involved, which is how I read it. Granted I do have some slight reading problems... include it in your intro post. I didn't even know what to do with my intro because yours didn't give anything to go off of really.

I don't apologize to anyone and I'm not starting now. I meant every word I wrote and I'm not taking them back. If they came off as harsh, oh well. I mean what I say and I say what I mean. I'm a blunt straight forward person and that's not going to change. Actually I haven't been disrespectful until about now. Take things how you will.

Also new person: Please don't come in here and tell others how to make their posts. Based on your post count alone... *shakes head* I'm a lit rper. And frankly there is something called character development. Please learn it. Its what makes a story.

On that note Squishy, I will warn you I have mostly been ranting due to my depression and that is about the only thing I am sorry for. I can't help it. So yes, after this just take my advice. Put more detail into the post so that way there is no confusion on what you see in your head, what's on paper, and what other players see. That will help all of us in the long run.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!