Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Harry Potter OOC/Interest Check

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Harry Potter OOC/Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squall on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:07 am

Okay. Will change profile.
EDIT: Profile has been changed. I added a Patronus description and Animagus description.
Last edited by Squall on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question: What's brown and sticky?

If you have the answer, mail me!

The Rise of Snape OoC
Image[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Squall
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:08 am

Not saying you aren't but like Gabe said.
"Its 100 years after, not before."
Also Gabe if you want me to change it just say so
Join Crimson Reign! It's a Roleplay O.o
post165679.html#p165679

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hallik
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squall on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Oh, and can I get a summary for where you guys are at in the IC RP? Because I went and I really don't want to read 4 pages worth of stuff. Thankies.

Squall
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:45 pm

They showed up at school.
Short sweet and to the point

Hallik
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:46 pm

OK guys, sorry for the delay.

DCL something: I would've preffered if you had waited to be accepted before posting, as common sense dictates. As it is, I guess I'll let it slide, but remember I am GM. While I will not usually use it, my word is law, so I don't want any of the stupid arguements you are prone to.

Squall: Thanks, and thats fine. You can't be able to summon a patronus, or be an animagus yet, but you can learn/become them as the game goes on. Patronus, you can't learn until fifth year, or your first encounter with a dementor, animagus you can start learning in your first year, but it won't do you any good until your fourth at earliest in all likelyhood.

Hallik: No, thats fine, I'm just worried that the magical sight might make it a little difficult for us students to break curfew. :P

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:24 am

Oh! And Kaedai, accepted! Just don't kill me if I spell your name wrong!

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:48 am

Oh but I never said I was strict!

Hallik
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Viktor Lefte on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:45 am

Name: Zeig T. Levion
Appearance: Zeig stands at a height of 4'6" and weighs 89 pounds. His hair is blonde and eyes are blue. Zieg has a very lean and fit body.
Blood Type: Pure blood
Year: First year
Brief History: Before Zieg went to Hogwarts he was in juvenile for exposing simple magic to a muggle nearly killing him by muggle means. When the time for school came he was let out on parole in order for him to complete school. Most people think that he is stupid due to him never really talking.
Wand Description: 11 1/2 Willow Hippogriff Talon. Excellent for Charms
Other: His goal is to become a animagus just like his father. He has spend many times in Diagan Alley read up on the process of becoming a animagus and registering. Zieg has also learned a bit from his father.
Last edited by Viktor Lefte on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Viktor Lefte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:59 am

Ok, to be honest, I have several problems with this.
1.) What exactly is the point of having an altered appearance?
2.) Why would you still look like that? Polyjuice potion wears off after two hours.
3.) I see no real reason for you to be a third year.
4.) You cannot be an animagus, even if you are a third year. It takes time and training, beyond three years, and only teachers can start as them.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:09 am

I wanted to share this Harry Potter Video. I always liked the tune, and I thought some of you might enjoy it. ^-^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mshS8E8IKD4

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 am

Hallik's thoughts:
1. To be stared at, there's always that one person.
2. Polyjuice potion gone wrong... in this case horrbily wrong.
3. There are only first years and one teacher keep the variety going!
4. I actually agree with Gabe on this

And Kohana I like that song I'm actually really glade its the original song and not the cover

Hallik
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Viktor Lefte on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Ok so i edited my profile so he is still practicing on being a animagus. I see this to be fair enough.

Viktor Lefte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:50 pm

1.) I still see no reason to look different for no reason.
2.) There is a little thing called Mungo's Hospitable. They would cure him of his appearance.
3.) A single third year doesn't really add variety, it adds complication, needlessly. There are no other third years, and thus, no other characters for you to interact with.
4.) You would be starting your first year, and thus not even know what an Animagus IS yet. You can learn later this year, and THEN begin learning it, but you can't already be in the process.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:00 pm

You know him studying to become an Animagus doesn't sound all that far fetched... I mean a 1st year can already conjure a patronus.

Hallik
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:30 pm

I already said no to first years conjuring Patronuses. And yes, studying for it is too farfetched, he hasn't even started magic study at all yet, how could he already be on the path to being an animagus?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Just saying that he is a pure blood and would already know the process of it from his parents (in theory). And there are books that teach magic. Documents written down in Diagon Alley's librarys. It could probably just be a goal for him then.
"Animagus' for dummies" or something

Hallik
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Let's not argue too much on the issue. Animagus is advanced magic, just too advanced for a first year to know, and GM said NO so let's just leave it at that.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reed_Lefte on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:59 pm

Withdrawn. Apologies.
Last edited by Reed_Lefte on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reed_Lefte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Viktor Lefte on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Profile is edited, makes complete sense and what not.

Oh and also in the profile rubric change the year catagory stating that there can only be first years. NOT"I'd prefer first year, and if you are going to be anything else, you have to give me a reason and get it ok'd"

Viktor Lefte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Amen

Hallik
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!