Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Perseverance: The Contagion

Perseverance: The Contagion

a part of “Perseverance: The Contagion”, a fictional universe by mariamaeoccheto.

Are you fighting to live, or living to fight? And for those of you who are undead, well, dog eat dog, I guess.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Perseverance: The Contagion”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Perseverance: The Contagion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:02 am

That's a great idea - I don't believe anyone else has anything like that in this roleplay

Now some questions that may help move the plot forward from that :
1. Do you intend on killing him off soon?
2. Has Quincy killed to feed his brother? (I think it would be appropriate if this were the case - to really show Quincy's dedication to his brother)
3. What are some situations that it could go horribly wrong?

I don't know bout you guys but just off of that one plot twist you can create all sorts of limitless possibilities. If you guys are struggling coming up with a plot twist for your character I'd be more than happy to help. I spend 90% of my time evil plotting so i will be more than happy to help you.
Plot twist can be however minor, but they make all the difference!!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pennydreadful on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:16 pm

1. No, Quincy is my baby :3

2. Yes, but only animals (squirrels, birds, etc.)

~Someone discovers Quentin
~ Someone kills Quentin
~ Quentin gets free
~ Quentin attacks someone

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pennydreadful
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Mkayy those all sound great, well now when people come across your character if they happen to run into that situation they know your boundaries and limits with your characters! Thank you so much for contributing your ideas!

I hope to hear more! I am very interested - i know I'm not GM but if we're all a lil active in the ooc it benefits the roleplay.

;*smooches

P.S. Maria I was wondering if we were doing characters for hire in this roleplay? I was hoping to put up one of Benny's brothers.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:47 pm

RPGRosa wrote:We have significantly slowed down and sadly Maria and I are power housing the roleplay. I was wanting to hear some of your guy's ideas. Lets use this board to conspire! Does anyone have certain plot lines for their characters they hope to play out? Let me know some of them, we could try to find away to connect all our characters for an intricate yet well played out story line.

My free time to post has been limited the past several days, as I noted it may be in this thread, due to vacation in California. However, I'll be returning home within the next 2-3 days, so I'll be able to post more after that, for sure. Also, I just posted.

RPGRosa wrote:I think it's important that we focus on the details of the roleplay, because that's what makes it the best. When we're all on the same page, the roleplay can be at its prime. Some suggestions for some of you who may feel stuck in this roleplay

•in one if Maria's posts for Andre, it is mentioned that there is a broadcast for a home in the hills that offers supplies and shelter. The broadcast is over the radio so anyone could've heard it- even your character!!!
•someone's always hunting, have your character hunt as well, maybe he/she will run into someone
•perhaps your character woke up with the house teeming with zombies and has to battle his/her way out.

These are just some suggestions. Remember if thou want your character to interact with someone in the roleplay - then take the intiative and make that happen. This is the Internet hunny, we ain't got time for shyness here.
:*smooches

I'd be more than willing to have Noah or Will meet up with other folks. Though, who Will may or may not meet up with also depends on what happens between him and Tara. I also have something planned for Noah, though I'd like to keep it quiet from anyone who doesn't have a character involved with his story until I reveal it in the RP. However, with that being said, anyone who would like to have their character meet up with Noah, you can PM me and I'd be more than happy to discuss this idea I have with you.
Check out Eastbound, a zombie apocalypse story I'm writing on my own.

I may actually get back to this, now that I'm here again. Stay tuned!

Messiah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThrillerNight on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:00 pm

RPGRosa wrote:We have significantly slowed down and sadly Maria and I are power housing the roleplay. I was wanting to hear some of your guy's ideas. Lets use this board to conspire! Does anyone have certain plot lines for their characters they hope to play out? Let me know some of them, we could try to find away to connect all our characters for an intricate yet well played out story line.

Sorry I haven't really been posting/haven't posted in a while- I was waiting for the last person in our group of post, but I decided to say screw it and posted anyway! ^_~ And I've also been a little busier this week than I expected to be, so I apologize. ;_; I shall try to be more active! I promise!

Now Aaron and Micah have dropped everyone off and are once more alone- not sure where to go next though.... S: Any ideas?

ThrillerNight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:35 pm

ThrillerNight wrote:

Sorry I haven't really been posting/haven't posted in a while- I was waiting for the last person in our group of post, but I decided to say screw it and posted anyway! ^_~ And I've also been a little busier this week than I expected to be, so I apologize. ;_; I shall try to be more active! I promise!

Now Aaron and Micah have dropped everyone off and are once more alone- not sure where to go next though.... S: Any ideas?

You are such a wonderful roleplayer, I always enjoy reading your posts. :3
I love the brothers, they're hilarious! I plan on moving one of my characters to try and ransack a hospital for medical supplies perhaps your charries could do the same?
Also, another idea is maybe their truck breaks? It offers a range of options, reliance on others, time to fix it, a mission for them to complete.

@Everyone BTW please you guys don't feel like I'm trying to boss you around. These are all suggestions, which could either be used, ignored or ignite your own idea!

:*smooches

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KJA on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:21 pm

Hey there, I'm just snooping around before bedtime and came across your RP.

Are you still accepting? Is there any character types in particular you're after for story/diversity sake?

Feel free to examine my profile. I am in two more role plays right this moment so I'm happy to play something a bit less involved like say a walker or someone who gets killed off rather quick.

KJA
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mariamaeoccheto on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm

KJA wrote:Hey there, I'm just snooping around before bedtime and came across your RP.

Are you still accepting? Is there any character types in particular you're after for story/diversity sake?

Feel free to examine my profile. I am in two more role plays right this moment so I'm happy to play something a bit less involved like say a walker or someone who gets killed off rather quick.

yeeeeeesssssssss.

Sorry for being vague/absent, yall. plz don't hate me ]:

mariamaeoccheto
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 am

Hey guys really sorry I havent been posting lately, i've had some really important things going on. But its easter now and I have a couple of weeks off to post so if someone could kindly update me on what has happened especially after my character jumped into the back of the truck

boultinator93
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:56 am

boultinator93 wrote:Hey guys really sorry I havent been posting lately, i've had some really important things going on. But its easter now and I have a couple of weeks off to post so if someone could kindly update me on what has happened especially after my character jumped into the back of the truck

It is alluded that your character is dropped off into safety and the brothers call out a radio channel to contact them on if needed be. The beauty of this roleplay is that you're given a setting and can create your own story line/plot. Looking forward to your future posts!

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mariamaeoccheto on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Just some clarity on the matter of infection where Tara and others are concerned:

IF contaminated or bitten - within a twenty minute span of the wound, transformation CAN be prevented. For bigger wounds such as large bites extreme measures will be taken: amputation, cauterization.

For smaller wounds such as Tara's case: bleach, rubbing alcohol, pure forms of hydrogen peroxide and antibiotics.

HOWEVER - characters who come close to turning in these cases will not escape the symptoms of reanimation:
-nausea
-dizziness
-fever
-extreme pain
-exhaustion
etcetc

after the symptoms have gone away you can decide for yourself whether your character is a carrier or not.

in some cases eyes will change color slightly.

thanks yall

mariamaeoccheto
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Damn it, Maria. Your posts have got me feeling the feels and genuinely conflicted on what I should have Will do. Ultimately, I decided that he wasn't the type to leave someone behind, even under the circumstances.

Bravo. :)

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mariamaeoccheto on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Messiah wrote:Damn it, Maria. Your posts have got me feeling the feels and genuinely conflicted on what I should have Will do. Ultimately, I decided that he wasn't the type to leave someone behind, even under the circumstances.

Bravo. :)

PFFFT! Bravo for you! Your sentiments are so wonderfully expressed in your writing and even had me going 'awww'.

mariamaeoccheto
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mariamaeoccheto on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 am

I'm eager to see how Aaron reacts especially now that Tara has had her little mishap. This was a curve ball even I didn't expect!

mariamaeoccheto
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:01 pm

mariamaeoccheto wrote:PFFFT! Bravo for you! Your sentiments are so wonderfully expressed in your writing and even had me going 'awww'.

Oh, you. You're such a flatterer. Thank you. I try. Seriously, though, your latest posts are really powerful and rather well-written. (Not that your other posts aren't well-written. They are.) I'd feel bad if I didn't compliment you on it.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mariamaeoccheto on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Messiah wrote:
mariamaeoccheto wrote:PFFFT! Bravo for you! Your sentiments are so wonderfully expressed in your writing and even had me going 'awww'.

Oh, you. You're such a flatterer. Thank you. I try. Seriously, though, your latest posts are really powerful and rather well-written. (Not that your other posts aren't well-written. They are.) I'd feel bad if I didn't compliment you on it.

I'm honored to be able to collaborate. With such an awesome writer! Figuring on having William and Tara bump heads in a couple of days. Ill leave the responsibility of Buster in your hands, poor thing is gonna be heartbroken - maybe he could even lead Will back to Tara

mariamaeoccheto
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThrillerNight on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:48 pm

mariamaeoccheto wrote:I'm eager to see how Aaron reacts especially now that Tara has had her little mishap. This was a curve ball even I didn't expect!

We'll have to see~ teehee. P: I'll get to postin' now!

ThrillerNight
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 pm

mariamaeoccheto wrote: I'm honored to be able to collaborate. With such an awesome writer! Figuring on having William and Tara bump heads in a couple of days. Ill leave the responsibility of Buster in your hands, poor thing is gonna be heartbroken - maybe he could even lead Will back to Tara

I'd be up for the possibility of Buster leading Will back to Tara. I'll be sure to keep an eye on her status and whatnot. Also, feel free to PM me when/if you want Buster to lead him back to her and I can work it into the next post that I make. (After the hypothetical PM, that is.)

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:33 pm

A couple questions.

First, is there a limit to the number of characters one can play, or is it just a 'as many as you can play' kind of thing? I'm not necessarily planning on bringing in a new character just yet, but I'm thinking about it.

As this is a zombie RP, player characters are going to die - or at least I'd hope so, based purely from a storyteller's standpoint and the standpoint of realism. One of Maria's characters is on the brink, and I've entertained the possibility of killing off one of mine. (which may or may not be related to me possibly bringing in another character)

That being said, I'm wondering (purely out of curiosity) what we do with our characters afterwards? If they're undead, I understand they can still be "played", but if they're actually dead dead, do they remain on the character list unchanged, do we leave them and change their profiles to say that they are dead, or would they be put in the abandoned character list?

Based on what I see on the character list, the abandoned character list seems to suggest that they can still be played, only by someone else. Obviously, if your character is completely dead, that option is out of the window.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo_Rose on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm

@Messiah ive actually thought of killing one of my twins off sometime in the future. I do not believe there is a limit on how many characters your allowed to play. I think if you plan on your character being dead dead then maybe just change the profile saying that their dead but at the sametime i think that its up to the person playing the character. Hope that helps a little :)
"So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”
"Standing on the fringes of life... offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor.”-Perks of Being a Wallflower

Echo_Rose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!