Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Veins of the End

Veins of the End

a part of “Veins of the End”, a fictional universe by Aniihya.

Nearly two centuries after humanity almost came to its end, it has come back into a golden age with large cities and cyborg mages. Most dangers and treasures are to be discovered in the veins of the End, a system of canyons linking to a large crater.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Veins of the End”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Veins of the End

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:47 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Veins of the End"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Veins of the End

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:15 am

When should we start? Also if you have ideas for lore, feel free to share them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:09 am

How small of a world is this, socially speaking? When these three walk into a bar, are they going to recognize each other?

If either of them knew Julia Singer personally, or could recognize her face after 10+ years, we need to talk about that ASAP please.

As a trades person, Julius works on cyborgs regularly, but I'm not going to presume Elys or Adam have been to the REPAIR shop unless you tell me otherwise. If they have been customers, I need to know if they paid cash or trade, what pronoun they use for Julius, and if they gave her a coat. It wouldn't have to be the coat she's wearing now, but the distinction would be important to her.

Also, I apologize for the mega post. It took much longer than desired to get my agoraphobic character from Point A to Point B. She didn't want to go out her door when there was work and food inside it.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Adam himself is rather reclusive, I mean, his one friend down here currently is a cat. Even when he wasn't cyborg, he was still pretty reclusive given his job. Not sure how many would know him, unless matters like this are publicized here. If anyone, maybe Elys would have heard something. Otherwise he just stands out by being some weird tall silver-haired cyborg.

Edit: Also fixed a goof on Adam's height. Must have been late.
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:55 pm

Socially speaking, I would say the three either only vaguely know each other or are new to each other. My character remembers Julia but probably wouldn't recognize her at first glance or be like the kind who will keep looking at someone wondering if they know them or not.

Also the person who modded the ancient golem with modern technology to form Elys body was basically Julius' former teacher/master. So I'd guess Elys may know Julius by name but hasn't really seen her much. Regarding pronouns, I guess Elys would refer to Julius as "them" as Julius gender is unknown to her or she generally refers to people she doesn't know well as "they/them".

Regarding Adam I would say Elys knows his face or figure but not his personality as she has only seen him around town.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:27 am

I'll continue to be careful with using pronouns in game, but out of character, I'm sticking with female pronouns for Julius.

MartinVole: Wow, the height I guessed at was close. I thought your 2'x" might have been in meters.

Julius definitely wouldn't recognize him from behind with a cloak and helm, but from the front, that's a body she'd remember seeing in town. He's an experimental prototype, and while she wouldn't know how he got that way, she'd be very curious about his construction. Occupational interest. Intensely, unnervingly curious; but equally unwilling to ask him about it outside of her shop, because she is squishy and cyborgs aren't. Also, people generally don't like personal questions coming from strangers that they don't mind coming from doctors. If he still has that human sense, that pressure on the back of the neck and raised hairs that alert us someone is watching, she'd be setting it off anytime they passed on the street. But as he is a weird, intimidating freak of a cyborg, he probably gets that all the time, right? What is one more set of eyes.

Aniihya: Julius's master (who needs a name) would have been able to cast molds off her body for an expensive custom skin job. She could have her original fingerprints, for example. He could also cut and transfer her hair, so she could style it as she normally would. If he was allowed to keep the molds to reuse, the price would be cheaper, but she might encounter another cyborg with her face, maybe with different coloring. He would have been able to edit out small details before reusing, so her copy wouldn't have her fingerprints.

Julius would be 26 years old when Elys died. As an apprentice, Julius probably did the actual pouring for Elys's artificial skin, may have watched or participated in any paint retouching necessary for realistic skin tone, and was likely a second set of hands for assembling modern upgrades and afixing them to the golem core. The price would jump up to have a master exclusively work on a project without leaning on help from an apprentice, and it would take 3-4 days longer. As the apprentice work would happen at the shop, if Elys's foster father wanted to see her soul stone inserted in the privacy of his own home, away from extra eyes, Julius wouldn't have seen Elys awaken.

It depends how secretive Elys's foster father would want to be, and how much he was willing to invest in her when he knew he had to send her away. Let me know what Elys's foster father would have chosen.

If Julius was allowed to work on the commission, she'd definitely recognize work from 4 years ago.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:56 pm

Let's just say that Julius wasn't there when Elys awakened which is why Elys has a hard time recognizing her. And maybe Julius remembers Elys from back then. But Elys never stops by the shop as nothing has taken damage substantial enough for her to go to the shop.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 pm

Yay, we have a soundtrack!

Go ahead and jump. Julius is eavesdropping. If Elys and Adam leave the bar before Julius has found an excuse to take the day off and play in the Veins, there will be a surprise on the shop door encouraging Julius to leave for a bit.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Sorry. I will post tomorrow. I havent had the time to post today.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:50 pm

I think Julius is jumping to conclusions because Elys didn't lose comrades out of lack of respect or lack of valuing them but because the Veins can be so dangerous. It is practically a given that only the most hardened of adventurers can survive in the Veins.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 am

Julius is unfairly judging everyone, no doubt. For as short of time as she's been observing them, her first impressions aren't going to be fair to anyone. Who can possibly know anything important about a person's character after five minutes of people watching in a bar? Their casual talk of violence and killing people makes her feel unsafe, and she's justifying to herself why hanging with this crowd isn't a smart play, even if she is genuinely curious about these people and their plans for adventuring. Coming from someone who blows off steam in the Veins, it is a bit hypocritical that she's drawing the line between the risk she takes alone versus the risk of being in the group. But she hasn't lost body parts or died yet. Whether that is by luck or strategy, she's not going to jinx it.

She's also not saying any of this shit out loud.

Hey, I know there have been posts on the roleplay, but I can't see them. I've tried to come at them from a couple angles, but I keep getting the setting page with 12 directions (north, south, up, down, etc.) instead of the post history. Anyone else getting this error?

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:43 pm

So long time no post because of constant error 502, so I couldnt access the site.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:06 am

Found a good link for post history. I posted a reply.

I got one Error 502 today, and then found I couldn't tag characters on my post.

If these errors are all in the roleplay, maybe we need to move it here, to the forum?

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:04 am

It is all the website. I will be back from vacation Saturday. I will post then.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:03 am

In the ongoing saga of errors, I'm missing half the tabs on the roleplay main page. No Settings, Characters or History. Universes>Veins of the End>Settings is a working link. Scrolling down the main page passed the introductions also has the posts, or using the Read from the Beginning button gets you there. I'm hoping RPG is just trying to streamline the format.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:43 pm

MilkHoney wrote:In the ongoing saga of errors, I'm missing half the tabs on the roleplay main page. No Settings, Characters or History. Universes>Veins of the End>Settings is a working link. Scrolling down the main page passed the introductions also has the posts, or using the Read from the Beginning button gets you there. I'm hoping RPG is just trying to streamline the format.

That's actually because those tabs were removed and were consolidated into the Home and Forum tabs. I'm also pretty sure that Introductions are automatically hidden behind a button to active authors.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Any word from MilkHoney?

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!